LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, in all these chapters of suspicion... Hibiki - or anyone in any position of power that had the numerous opportunities to talk with Makoto - has not even once asked Makoto about his motivations. They've been ignoring the very foundation of negotiations and mutual understanding from the very beginning.

This is especially stupid on Hibiki's part; "He views life as something so light?!" after he says he killed people... From which his stated motivation was "They killed my companions". As for mass murder; Hibiki has likewise probably committed mass murder by this point, just not all at once. Pretty strange thing to consider people to be 'ominous' for, for a person who converts all attributes of power - including manpower - into numerical values.

Here they have a guy as straightforward as they come, who has only abused one occasion for benefits, an action that seems to be the standard for people in this world (And even then, it could be argued he simply did what he could to maintain neutrality by neither ruining nor enabling the continuation of the demons' plans), who they KNOW has pretty much been left on his own since he arrived in this world... And they actually refuse to reach out on a human level. With the exception of Zef "I want you to see us for who are" the demon king.

It's really quite sad, since that would solve a pretty big portion of pretty much everyones' concerns (if they could bring themselves to take him at face value, which they've managed so far...) The heroes and everyone in power need to stop treating Makoto as something that can't be reasoned with.

2. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking somebody at face value sounds easy, but if you consider possibility that the fate of the whole world can be affected, it suddenly feels a lot harder. And then you talk about things that Hibiki can't possibly have knowledge of, the things that happened to Makoto. How can Hibiki plan around things that she doesn't know of. You also say that she should ask Makoto about his motivations. She should, but the flow of the story has not allowed that to happen yet. How many times have they actually talked to each other in the story so far? As far as I can recall, they've only interacted twice. Three times if you include the battle against Io, but Makoto was in disguise so she didn't know who it was. First was in Rotsgard, where they mostly reminisced about Japan, and now in Limia, where she was his bodyguard. So basically they haven't had enough time together for now. She is planning things based on what she knows for now. Her plans could change once they get more chances to talk.

Rickymex and hodel.kirk like this.
  3. Slaynbr

Slaynbr {Scholar} Asylum's Oji-chan |StormBringer| Ossan

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they aren't. They are just trying to isolate him, just like the goddess. How would it go? And it isn't like they don't know what has been done to Makoto, because they know.
    And still, they don't plan on acting by the front, but, again, they want to manipulate him to commit mass murder.
    They want him to kill a 1000 lives. What really won't go their way,
    remember when Shen tried to put him in Asora in the begging, that she couldn't because of the size of his magic power, she couldn't create a entrance big enough? Well, 1000 lives may send the heroes back, but Makoto I don't think so.
    isolation, murder, these things are just wicked, specially because they are working with a mere possibility. It makes me remember that movie Minority Report, where people were arrested because what they would do in the future... Well, in reality, this movie still is better, the premise is that the person would commit the crime. In the case of Makoto even waterfall left clear it's a possibility.
    I even had some conspiracy theories when a read his plan to kill 1000 people. Because of makoto's contract with the goddess she can't interfere with him anymore. The terms of said contract were:
    1 the goddess will leave Makoto alone
    2 the goddess will give Makoto the common language
    3 Makoto will destroy Stella fort
    4 Makoto will save the sort ass of hibiki from the giant Io
    5 Makoto will turn against the hyumans.

Now, imagine what would happen if Makoto he's and kills 1000 people? If it is demons, waterfall and hibiki win some advantage for the war and Makoto makes a enemy. If it's hyumans, the goddess will hunt him with full power - even susanoo warned Makoto that if he breaks the contract will be dangerous to him, because the binds of the goddess would come off - then or Makoto dies in her hands, or will be so damaged that someone else could kill him.
    You say they didn't meet much and she doesn't have information, but how come she had enough to just make her mind that he is a cold killer sociopath? Then one drawing conclusions is her, she talked with him and already jumped to it, without even verifying anything. She is so certain in her capacity as a hero and in reading people that she didn't do anything to try investigate. She spent how much time with Lime, and didn't try to gain more info? She had his whole stay in Limia, and if not for Mio forcing her in spending some time alone with him, she was avoiding him. It was her that decided she had enough info based on their conversation in kuzunoha in the academy town, and didn't need anything else.
    So even if you say that its all because of lack of info, the one who was negligent and should be getting it was her. He on the other hand was honest and even dumb to say everything to her without filter.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Avil and kenar like this.
  4. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With regards to her (lack of) knowledge RE makoto's motivations, Slayn pretty much said it; It's her own mistake. Not fault, mistake. She's had plenty of opportunity to ask for his opinion and thoughts; A full three-hour conversation, and an entire day with little to no intereference. As for her not knowing about Makoto's actions... I don't buy that. She's a politician with ties to the upper tiers of Limia and Lorel, and she's done some investigation of her own into Kuzunoha. Putting aside from his dealings regarding Asora and the demon lands, she knows about the way his store is underselling top-quality meds, the store's good treatment of its customers and employees, the involvement in restoring Rotsgar, (presumably) the help he's given Rembrandt, and his company's help to her personally. She has no reason to assume malice.

As for the two major speaking opportunities, she was calculative throughout, controlled the entire flow of the conversation and ended with nothing but thoughts of how to manipulate him into moving the way she wanted to. In a three hour conversation, and what was almost a full days' worth of horseriding and sightseeing, she has apparently not once considered his motives, only his views - And even those, she didn't ask him to elaborate on. She draws a looooot conclusions from minimal information, and for whatever reason she doesn't try to get more in-depth information.

Maybe the Hyuman view on information has influenced her, come to think of it. They're way behind on considering the value and measuring the reliability of information when compared to modernity and the demons, after all.

As for the difficulty of taking someone at face value... That doesn't even come into play until anyone bothers asking him about his motivations. Though she seems convinced of his sincerity so far. Even if it's a lie, any answer would offer useful insights for her... I honestly think that after Mio refused her offer... She's too much of a sore loser to treat him straight, as a potential companion/ally. She's only been probing and considering from a perspective of manipulation, never from one of mutual understanding.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    shade0180, chopin124, Avil and 2 others like this.
  5. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey i can't find the continuation to tsuki-ga-michibiku-isekai-douchuu after volume 9. And reigo is translating volume 9 right now and i think he is near its end. Si does that mean we won't get to read tsuki after a few weeks?!

adislt likes this.
  6. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, for someone who base her pessoal relations in charisma, boosted by the goddess, she lost to him twice: Mio and Lime (and this she lost in the loooooove too). She must be felling cheated hahaha.

CountryMage likes this.
  7. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about? They're manipulating him NOT to commit mass murder. And the 1000 lives are a sacrifice to activate the magic which will send him back to Earth, which won't work unless Makoto agree to be send back, so they just put it there as a possible method.

8. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because unlike cn novel, most jp novel translated here not really far from its coo update at most the difference is one or two vol

9. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Waterfall sent Makoto to the library so that he would find the book with the ritual to recall, and to activate it would be necessary 1000 lives. So Hibiki express how 1000 lives are a fair price to get themselves hid of him.

"…To accomplish the ritual there’s the need for around a thousand lives, and on top of that, it can only recall. Moreover, it is not a forced one, but a ritual where the person has to consent to in order to actually work.” (Waterfall)
    “A thousand…” (Hibiki)
    Hibiki thought that it was a small amount of sacrifices compared to the danger he might cause in the future.
    (...)
    "For now, I will try with the talk about the recall and the convincing. And after that, I will try having a bout. If I have no choice but to do it, I understand I will have to carry this burden as I move forward.” (Hibiki)
    Well, I think that 1000 lives can be said to be mass murder...

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys should look into ideological lenses, they basically explain how your own biases influence what you notice about others. Basically how your motivations color your perception of the motivations of others. Hibiki didn't ask him for his motivations because she didn't need to, she got most of his story from their talk in Rotsgard, she knows he was summoned into the wasteland away from people, is alive because he was rescued by demihyumans, and hates the goddess for being put in that situation. What she doesn't know are the things he's actually keeping secret, Asora, the identities of Tomoe, Mio, and Shiki. She has taken all the available information, and looked at it with her experience and motivations coloring it. If she were in his position, what would she do? What if it were Tomoki? If any of the nations, (hyuman, demon, or demihyuman), were to get their hands on him, what happens then?

Just like when Rembrandt was going over the intelligence reports on the heroes, and completely disregarded the reports about Hibiki because he couldn't understand someone acting like a hero, that doesn't happen in real life, so it must be an act, but Tomoki makes sense.

kenar, Alexios Blake and ZeroDelta like this.
  11. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this the end? And was starting to get good too!

12. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, are we really reading the same chapter? The magic book is just an excuse Waterfall uses to make Makoto goes away so she can talk privately with Hibiki. It and the books in the library are just random magic books serve to distract Makoto in the mean time. And no where in the chapter did it say that the one who need to kill 1000 people have to be Makoto.

13. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sacrifice might not be necessary
    That is from chapter 106. Imagine how much magic power Makoto has now.

14. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I cut some sentences so the text wouldn't get too long, but here is it
    You don’t have a plan that can solve the root problem?” (Hibiki)

“I have one, but leaving aside him, the people around him most likely won’t consent to it. If possible, that would be the best solution, and it is also what he has gone to check at this moment.” (Waterfall)

“…And that is?” (Hibiki)

“It is simple. The technique for a recalling ritual. For me, that would be the best solution, but…thinking about the current situation, it would be impossible to realize.” (Waterfall)

“*Summon? No, a recall?!* In other words, a method to return to Japan!! In that case!!” (Hibiki) <Summon and recall sound the same Shoukan, but are written differently.>

Hearing the solution of Waterfall, Hibiki’s eyes glittered in an instant.

Certainly, if it’s that method, Raidou who is not that attached to this world, would not only give his consent, but that way, it will also work as the perfect isolation.

She thought that it was the best method where no one would be unhappy.

But at the same time, it bothered her that Waterfall said it was impossible in a regrettable manner.

“…To accomplish the ritual there’s the need for around a thousand lives, and on top of that, it can only recall. Moreover, it is not a forced one, but a ritual where the person has to consent to in order to actually work.” (Waterfall)

“A thousand…” (Hibiki)

Hibiki thought that it was a small amount of sacrifices compared to the danger he might cause in the future.
    (...)
    After finishing the delivery of the egg as per usual, Makoto obtained several useful magic books from Waterfall and was in a good mood.

Teleporting from world to world.

Learning of the existence of magic books that have magic formations that could be used for this purpose, Makoto was dazed.

Yeah, but Hibiki and Waterfall don't know that. It happens before Sofia died, so Waterfall wasn't spying into Root at the time.

CountryMage likes this.
  15. Avil

Avil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waterfall had little to none contact with Makoto and Hibiki NEVER asked about his ideals/motivations/objectives, despite having the target close she only uses second-hand information.

16. Jackfrost2139

Jackfrost2139 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you care about another person on the street, no of course not. I do not think you care about that guy way at the end of hallway in work.
    Then of course they would not care about him
    To begin waterfall is scared of him because he defeated Sofia (achievement)
    Waterfall would give a single damn about Makoto if not for then
    And Zara does not keep screaming for the hills, you seem to only remember the convo during the variants, he recently accepted Makoto because of the Gorgons, he was scared but then because of Gorgons boosting of his image in Zaras mind he started to talk more with him and understand him,a simple boy with too much power, a kind guy who cares about friends and family, nothing more

17. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Killing Sofia isn't an achievement (achievements are pros not cons) for Makoto, from Waterfall's perspective, because all it shows is how destructive Makoto's power is.
    2. Zara would have fled the city after seeing what Makoto could personally do, during the variant incident, but he had a talk with Rembrandt that calmed some of his fears. Without that the introduction of the Gorgons wouldn't have happened, nor would he be around to talk with Raidou.

Anyway, they(Rembrandt and Zara) are both rulers of their city, their disregard for someone carries weight, unlike yours for the guy down the hall.

kenar likes this.
  18. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's depend on the raw release, hell no mater how good reigokai is if he doesn't have something to translate he will also can't do anything so just hope this series will not unupdated to long if what are you said is true

19. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, seems like I missed that part. Though I don't think their plan involve breaking the contract so the Goddess will be able to fight him, 'cause they don't even know about the contract between them in the first place.

20. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, well, like I said, it's just conspiracy theories, daydream, I was just trying to find possibles outcomes from there.