Implemented View Chapters By Translator Option

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by iampsyx, Apr 26, 2017.

1. guy smiley

guy smiley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More importantly, what if Wuxiadream translates some legitimately good stories? They do, do that. Terribly. But the stories are good, like Dulou Dalu 2.5 for example. They mangled and disrespected that story, but I would like to read it when someone competent translates it in the future. How does blocking that series help me with that?

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorting the chapters by Alyschu translations should be enough.
    Good luck with your hopes someone will pick up a series that was already translated instead of translating a new series! (y)(y)(y)

3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that certainly never happens...

4. guy smiley

guy smiley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I do that?

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait until the request of the OP is implemented, it was already approved, but Tony doesn't have time to code everything as soon as they're approved, it will be implemented when Tony has the time to do it, and thinks that there isn't any other feature that deserves priority over it.

Aiiee likes this.
  6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Still don't kno how to do this

Edit: fuck I'm sleepy and blind

7. guy smiley

guy smiley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like a way to block certain translation groups entirely. By which I mean, no longer have their chapter releases show up on the homepage list of releases, and to no longer show their releases on the pages of individual stories either.

This would be different from the existing functionality, which only allows you to block series themselves, not specific translation groups. This becomes a problem, when a series is being translated by multiple groups, one of whom has vastly superior quality when compared to the other.

It is also a problem, since series with only bad translators right now, may get unfairly blocked, and never gain any recognition if a better translator picks that story up in the future. This is rare, but hardly unheard of.

Examples to look at:

Monarch of Evernight -
    One bad translator, and one good one. Was originally translated by a third group, then later picked up by the current two (it does happen).

Douluo Dalu: 2.5 -
    One bad translator, currently, but given the series pedigree, no reason to think it won't ever be picked up by another, better group sometime in the future.

8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Merged. Same request.

Ral and AliceShiki like this.
  9. guy smiley

guy smiley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it isn't. I specifically mentioned the block would include the frontpage releases also. Explain how you think that's the same please.

10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The request (yes, request. Not demand, not order, but request. I've seen your posts, so watch your tone) :

Request for Option to View by translator, including front page:

The Answer by The Owner:
    Further request regarding matters relating to this (include matters about blocking), see this post:

Aiiee, AliceShiki and Ral like this.
  11. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as the op and guy smiley said. it is translators not series that are the issue. After you add the series to your reading list you can't block out the translators you do not want or need. I have this issue with about a 1/3 of the series i have added to my reading list. Often a series will get started, dropped, another pickups and restarts, then drop. next thing you know there three translations of the the same chapters and no continuity in the reading list updating the next chapters.

the worst situation is when a translator decides that he/she need to redo the series with 400+ chapters released that is active because they want to redo it from the beginning. so not chapter 401 from xxxx group is stuck between chapters 20 and 21 from yyyy group.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait until the feature is implemented then.

Aiiee likes this.
  13. ananda

ananda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An additional request on how this feature is to be implemented: is it possible to integrate it closely with the exclude group feature which already exists under release filtering?

Once I excluded a group from that page, I hope the system can automatically hide all releases of that group in the reading list page. Most importantly for me, the "My Status" and "Latest Release" column must not include any releases of that group. I access most of my links directly from the reading list page, and having the "wrong" links displayed on the reading list screen would make the page a lot less usable for me. Having a tab or sorting by group will work fine in the series page though.

I hope you can consider implementing this, if it is at all feasible to do. Thanks again.

14. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not tabs but it's implemented: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/group-filtering-for-novel-pages-released.45310/

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. ananda

ananda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link