Recruitment volare is looking for translators for these short novels!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by etvolare, Dec 9, 2016.

1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    We're currently looking for translators for the following novels:

Adorable Creature Attacks!

Wordcount: 53.9萬
    Synopsis: Gu Qingyu, a licensed psychiatrist in the modern times, is thrown into turmoil. Her own unjust death, a new world, and much more awaits her!

『A sudden attack from a shadowed figure in a hospital!
    She reaches out with one wish on her mind as her blood flows out,
    “I-I don’t want to die! S-Somebody save me!”
    In the midst of her desperate cries, a mysterious being receives her wish and relocates her into a new body and world!』

Thrown into an ancient era without any warning, she discovers magic, monsters, and localities to explore!
    On her journey through the four empires, she encounters hardships, meets new people and builds new relationships, all while trying to evade losing yet another life!
    『New situations thrown at her at every turn, a comedic story of love, friendship and trust! Follow Gu Qingyu and her friends’ adventures through the four empires and her path to survival!』

God of Illusions

(This novel is currently under the care of InVader, but life is about to get heinously busy for him for the rest of the year. In order to do it justice, he’s willing to hand it over to someone else!)
    Wordcount: 114萬+ (ongoing)
    Synopsis: Before he was a little over 10 years old, he was the nightmare of the Gorge of Heroes and the headache of countless people that had been abandoned by the world.

After leaving the Gorge of Heroes, he became a legendary figure of the number one academy in the continent, and he alone brought numerous changes to it.

Thereafter he stepped foot onto the continent to become a legend, but the road to become a legend was far more difficult than he’d imagined….

On a continent where puppet masters reign supreme, using anything and everything as weapons: living creatures, shoes, daggers, pendants, clothes, shields, guns — which they call puppets, this is the story of Bai Xiaofei with his trusty sidekick, Huskie, on a quest to find out exactly what happened to his parents and become the greatest illusion stream puppet master the world has ever seen. This is a story of wit, plot twists, love, strategy, cultivation, humor, and the unknown.

神战天穹
    Wordcount: 47萬
    Synopsis (rough translation): The ancient continent of Wu is a place where martial arts are law and the strong reign supreme. Thousands fall to their knees when the strong appear, and rivers of blood flow when they anger.

A peak expert known as the evil god fell and was reborn in a young man beaten into idiocy. He lost all memories and his cultivation was crippled, becoming a target of despise for all. In order to wash clean his shame and fight against a destiny of being toyed by others, the young man cultivated with all his strength, killing experts, and splattering rivers and mountain with blood with a swing of his sword...

Tales of Love with a Divine Husband
    Wordcount: 52萬
    Synopsis (rough translation): He, removed from the three realms, wanders the edge of time. He was once the last of the most mysterious, strong, and unfathomable race. He'd witnessed the destruction of immense dynasties and experienced the migration of the most mysterious race to outside the boundaries of time.

He'd saved monsters and ghosts; he'd killed man, woman, young, and old.
    Just as he sighed at the tedium of life and grew remote and detached, even toying with the thought of ruining the world once for entertainment, a beam of light appeared in his life.
    She was a very very very very ordinary girl, but brimmed with vibrant life.

The first time they met, she was a shepherdess on the plains, singing a song that barged into his heart. He took her away from the plains and fulfilled all of her wishes, traveling the four seas and befriending all sorts of humans, gods, monsters, and demons.
    The second time they met, she was the noble princess of a dynasty, but her life changed after meeting him. She became the most ludicrous and mysterious princess of a dead civilization.
    The third time they met, she was a notable god of slaughter in the underworld...
    The fourth time, she was...

一见钟情,毒宠绝色小娇妻
    Wordcount: 104萬
    Synopsis (rough translation):
    Heartbroken after her boyfriend of seven years cheated with her stepsister, Mo Suqin somehow ended up in bed with a stranger after trying to drink her sorrows away. An offered promise of responsibility made her decide to get married on the spot.

She's conquered by her husband's tenderness and good looks after marriage, slowly sinking further into what was supposed to be a paper marriage. Who would've thought that her husband, a small assistant, would have layers of unknown identities to him?

The boss of the business group, a poisonous gentleman of a crime family... which is his real identity, and what's hidden behind all the lies?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come one, come all, if you like quirky, off the beaten path novels, or enjoy a warm and crazy atmosphere, or want to bask in the presence of the celestial fluff (err, that last one...).

We can found @ http://volarenovels.com!

Why should I join the happy madhouse that’s volare?
    1. We have official licensing agreements with Zongheng, 17K, iReader, Xiang5, independent authors, and are in talks with traditional publishers. What this means is, not only do you have the freedom to select from their libraries, your translations are also 100% legitimate with no copyright concerns!
    2. Residual income is strong as we pay based on views, which means that a chapter you translated a year ago would continue to earn you money a year later. Add in two or three finished novels, and that’s a considerable sum every month!
    3. The company oversees the process of turning completed translations into ebooks. Which, when released, will also provide you with remuneration for your work, this includes any other adaptions of your translations.
    4. Access to a group of talented folks who share your passion and drive for the art of translating emotions and culture into another language, of crafting another world and capturing the essence of the author’s characterization of these wonderful characters.
    5. You retain ownership of your own work, with a say in how and where it’s used.
    6. Forget about tech work such as website/server upkeep, copyright negotiations, marketing, administrative work, etc. The company’s got that covered so all you need to do is focus on translating!
    7. We’re a vibrant community with support from some of the most entertaining readers around! We’re also frequently in the media, so your work will gain exposure from all around the world.

For translators who’d like to join volare but are worried that they’re not up to snuff, no worries, we can train you!
    • If your translation shows promise but isn’t 100% there yet, you’ll be offered a trainee position to join one of our novel teams instead.
    • Taking into account your preferences and what’s available then, you will be paired with one of the active novels on volare.
    • Trainees will be given tips on how to improve. We’ll do our best to guide you along, but please only apply if you’re serious as you’ll be expected to police yourself and strive to improve on your own!
    • When you graduate as a trainee, the world’s your oyster as for what novel you’d like to tackle on your own.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me through the site email or Discord. If you'd like to apply, send an email through the site please! Details @ http://volarenovels.com/abt/recruitment/

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. TheSupremeManificentSovereign

TheSupremeManificentSovereign Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a web-crush on Etvo-chan

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    the way things are going on, RTW itself can keep it running!!

Indiboy and Wujigege like this.
  4. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol etvolare. To think you didn't know...

5. Proggerino

Proggerino Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffft... Assuming there's someone who doesn't like etvo...

But if I had to choose pikachu still wins.

6. Icha

Icha #googlemas #serius

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhumm this is a good sign +1 for volaretrans team

7. JustaReader

JustaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> honestly would love to be a grammar nazi and become an editor but I don't think that school would let me have time

Wujigege likes this.
  8. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    Join the turtle club! I have no idea how I'm still translating with school either...

Wujigege and JustaReader like this.
  9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    liar......i saw you posting a recruiting thread some times ago......

10. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Release the Translators,
    Release The Editors!

Wujigege likes this.
  11. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Web crushes all around! I should've posted so much earlier, tons of response in the first couple of hours, keep them coming please!

I didn't lol. T_T I don't venture forth on NUF that often, much to my chagrin!

liar.... I've never posted a recruitment thread in NUF. :D

12. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many pikachus does it take for me to join?

13. SnowTime

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a pikachu club. I have over 200-300 pikachus in my own folder along with another buddy :3

14. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL yes actually, we have a channel dedicated to Pikachus. XD

15. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Great, now I feel silly with this thread title. Is it possible to change titles? :D And yes, we are recruiting~

16. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    As opposed to spamming the forum with new threads, I'll just bump my old one? :D

17. orensan

orensan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i applied, what's the average ETA before i get a response?

18. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I *just* responded to all emails, did you not get a response?

19. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what we're looking for in the month of March!

• Pivot of the Sky: editors

• History's Strongest Senior Brother: editors

• Poisoning the World: editors

• Special Forces Spirit: editors

• Sword Spirit: translators

• Or, volare is also recruiting translators who'd like to do short, off the beaten path type novels!

20. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Yodelayhehoo! We've actually a library of pre-authorized titles from the contracts we have, are, and will be signing. So if you'd like to translate in peace knowing that your novel is safe~ come to us! Save those poor novels from sitting on the shelf, getting dusty!!