Discussion VR story concepts etc.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Balthazzar, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Would you read?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. I don't read VR novels

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. I don't read VR novels but I might give it a try

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'd wait until I see the reviews

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. Sounds interesting... but fuck you

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  7. Can you feel the love tonight?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. POTATOESSSSSS!!!

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  9. Why is Bill Nye so badass?

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. Sheperd: "Hey, Wanna bang?"

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazzar

Balthazzar 『Reformed Member of NuF Society』

Reading List:
    Link
    So, there are many VR novels out right now and they are gettin a little repetitive.... Same concept, Mc levels up, gets OP, gets the girl, gets money, wins at life, etc....

not too much difference between them all.... so I decided to add one. Some games, like Nether, feature a mechanic where if you die, your character resets. I have never seen a novel which features a VR game like this, so I was thinking about writing one myself when I get better at writing in general. Would you read it or not?

-Completely unnecessary to the thread from here on out but story concepts etc yanno?-

This would provide a good source of motivation for the MC to become a better player since well, if you suck you aint getton anywhere compared to other VR novels where if you suck, you take longer to get to the top. Some human nature would be revealed a lot more smoothly than in other VR novels since well, what would you act like if a character you took months to max out got killed and you had to start from scratch? I'd fucking quit the game. Provides me an outet of entertainment since I can fuck with the MC multiple different times. Proides a reason why many hardcore gamers are playing it other than 'Oh, the game is revolutionary!'. It provides a much better reason for rich players investing in their character since well..... if they don't they have a higher chance of resetting. Etc, etc, etc.

@Linbe @Frozen ink

iampsyx and Linbe like this.
  2. henrywolf123

henrywolf123 『<(-.-<) kriby master』

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a book like this. I think it may have been on RRL though.

3. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf I'd fking cry to death if my high level account got reset because of a mistake or someone sneak attack me.

4. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Reset ........................I don't think people will play that ******* Game !!!

5. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Tip: Make the MC charismatic like Yang Chen from My beautiful CEO or Ye Xiu from Kings Avatar or make him cool like Yun Che (only the good things). And your novel will be a hit.

Take some elements from Virtual World: Unparalled Under The Sky. The zombie thing is fun.

Get some comedy.
    Well, Harem with Character Dev is always a plus. With a maximum candidate of 3-4 (that is not too hard to write and is a bit reliable,stable and all that)

This is my dream VR novel which I have never seen till now (cries in a corner)

6. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    The summon didn't work... @Frozen ink ...btw you literally named it clickbait... :|

Frozen ink likes this.
  7. Loriel

Loriel [Aspiring Editor][Lover of BL][Pinata Smasher]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be too scared to play or even get out of the newb village if my character reset from one death

8. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least its honest,

9. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! I'd read this! The concept's interesting~

10. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2017-2-23_10-23-8.jpeg

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  11. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    One of balt rant?
    I read ark and lms I am lazy

12. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    not much of a rant....

13. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything a rant if u put more effort and enthusiasm in it young mod

14. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Wished @Caos saw this haha

15. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I generally dont read harems....
    but 2-3 candidates for one position is fine.

There's gonna be loads of frustration and rage in this novel FYI
    K
    I played Nether before.... It absolutely made me want to drive my fist through the creators skull when I leveled up and then died.......
    But then I got pissed at it and leveled up a new character to steamroll what killed me last time.... fun, frustrating times.
    If you can find it, that would be cool
    Dude... my sister cried when her skyrim save files were corrupted...
    she and a couple of her friends actually held a funeral for her character

Danis likes this.
  16. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    is it.... I think this is more accurate
    Screenshot_2017-02-22-21-45-12.png

17. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> my definition nuuu...

Balthazzar likes this.
  18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    first that game is suck~ even death game like SAO is better why cuz if you die end of all~ die and reset? what's that? Ling Tian Difficulty? re something? are you M? are that game only for monster talent? for business that wouldn't attract casual game at all~ except someone who just wanna enjoy scenery and or an M
    the vault is the writer to make suck story~
    if you insist make such hard core game the best is play on penalty system~ penalty on experience, experience rate gaining( death exp rate minus x% max 80%), weak status(death can lower stat for certain time like 24h and can stack up to 10 lel 240h weaken state for high level is hell), PK and PKK penalty system~
    vermilion also good system limited talent, inventory and such~
    still if you write such game with reset thing I can only think it end up as OP MC unless you make something like slice of life

19. Balthazzar

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> Well, The MC isn't going to be super OP talented.... he's just gonna be stubborn as all hell......
    Of course with that would just mean that well, he's gonna die... a lot...... like too much....
    And this is just a concept...... both this and the standard VR novel have pros and cons. And well, what has a bigger penalty than this? If you die, you start over from scratch. All you retain is the knowledge you've accumulated from before.
    I'm not M personally..... I wasn't really counting on making many casual players play this game anyway..... that just wouldn't make any sense.
    And well, in SAO, if you die, you are completely dead. This isn't a death trap, if you die, you reset your character...... I do think that that's kinda sorta better than a death game. And it will have some RL scenes obviously.... writing purely in the virtual world would be no different from just writing about a world with a game like system. Though, if you played a bit safely, it would be hard to die wouldn't it? Going in blind, you are guaranteed to suffer some setbacks. Going in well informed is a different matter. just like playing a game IRL. If you knew the cooldowns, damage, AoE, etc of the skills, then you could plan ahead of time. So, the story would be fairly slow, have an MC that actually plans ahead, etc all not to die. (He'll end up dying though) And I said nothing of the difficulty, just that if you die you reset.
    ______
    And who says it has to be for OP talented people in the first place? If you die, you reset. Multiple games IRL are based on that concept and many casuals play them. The games actually do quite well. Doesn't make them an M or someone who wants some scenery. Th PK system would be a bit different since well, we cant have some high leveled people go around resetting people for fun now can we? The amount of hate that would be generated for them would be quite a bit.
    _________
    I feel like I still havent gone over a couple topics but thats mainly an answer to your 'concerns'

20. StampedingSquirrel

StampedingSquirrel Unstoppable Sciuridae

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of brainstorming with the other users, you should just go ahead and write whatever you wish. Take your time and think everything about the setting, the characters (and their eventual developments) and the plot beforehand. Then go ahead and write it. Don't forget to tell us where you will be posting your novel.

Edit: Btw, contradicting myself on avoiding brainstorming with us, if it helps, here's a tip: VR doesn't necessarily has to be VRMMORPG, maybe you can make your reset concepts work if you don't chain yourself to VRMMORPG. Who knows? Maybe VRRTS, VRMOBA or VRFPS? Maybe combine them. Or if you decide to work with VRMMORPG, you could make the individual's skills (not in-game skills) more important, like knowing how to move yourself more effectively or knowing martial arts, to offset the penalty of reset upon death. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.