VR

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ZXu2002, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Do you want a full body VR game?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. As long as it's not a death game, anything is okay

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. Handa-kun

Handa-kun Partial Nudity and Suggestive Themes

Reading List:
    Link
    Any VR game would be fine, but moddable like skyrim, because i'm sure gonna use full body nude mod and running around naked fighting dragons.

2. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I think a VR game like in SAO is very dangerous. The only way I can think of something like that to work is directly injecting millions of millions of information per second into your brain. Not to long you wont be able to tell reality from vr or worse you'll have brain damage. I'm not against VR but I prefer a screen like in today's VR but the controls should be not hands-on instead you move with only your thought. It's possible since computer can read brain waves nowadays.

3. hmm123

hmm123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little Timmy got bullied in middle school, and becomes a Hikki for a few months.

Suddenly, he comes back ripped as fk and beats off a whole gang.

>Immersive

And there's enough technology to create something immersive already.

Movement platforms (less than $1000, so if u wana lose weight and play video games a lot it could be a good investment), suits that make you feel things like temp/force directly on your skin. There's technology that can generate smells as well. Air control systems. Graphical improvements due to hardware progression.

First person games are already playable in a pretty immersive format if you had like $10k too waste - esp if ur one of those that likes CoD n shit.

I'd want a movement platform just for exercise tbh. Although not sure there's really a game I wana play. Modern MMORPGs suck pretty bad, and feel like a waste of time too play.

Probably would have too wait for some FF/JRPG game with a decent story and VR built as it's intended playstyle.

or some football/sports game

I agree that it's not gona replace human companionship though. That's gotta wait until advanced AI :(.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  4. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering Moore's Law, I anticipate full-dive VR to be quite plausible in 20-25 years.

Unfortunately, I'll nearly be an old man by then...

King0Mik likes this.
  5. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    How long for something at sao lvl? 40 years at the least. We need quantum pcw before that happens.

6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan wants to help you guys. Unfortunately, Ai-chan will be the spoilsport who shall assure you that you will never ever see a fully immersive full-dive VR like in SAO. There may be military application of full-dive VR in say, 50 years, but you as a civilian will never get to use it in your lifetime. It breaks human rights and can easily be abused and compromised.

But Hack:/Sign rig? That thing actually already exist. Human beings just haven't decided to abuse it yet. They're probably waiting for more people to use the system before they abuse the technology for brainwashing, mass murder and assassination.

AliceShiki and King0Mik like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much what Ai chan said, if it's ever going to become a thing, it will definitely not be in our lifetime.

Ai chan likes this.