Spoiler Warlock of the Magus World speculation (read 100% of raws w/ MTL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Astaroth, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: If you haven't already finished Warlock of the Magus World you probably shouldn't read this thread or post a reply.

I just can't seem to remember if that woman in the dream world that Leylin was told to visit had her identity explained.

I personally was speculating that she was one of those aborigines (Gillian or something on LNMTL) that Leylin helped out the first time he got there with his laboratory from the twilight zone. (Or was it from the first layer of the underground world?)

Anyway, I was thinking it was probably Gillian, with all that talk about time space being messed up, and basically Leylin could talk to someone and they would say I met you in the future or how didn't that owl (which was also a sparrow? Actually I didn't completely understand who the owl was either) tell Leylin that it hadn't met the current owl, but the owl in the future.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Land Of Tea

Land Of Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what are you talking about ?.?

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read the entire novel?

I'm talking about how the MC meet some woman in the dream world and the owl talk about repaying a debt.

Then taking space & time being confused in the dream world I was thinking that maybe she was that native girl of the dream world from some small town that Leylin help. First time he traded some food or whatever for different specimen and stuff. He gave them some cultivation techniques as well and so.

Way later when Leylin is back there again during the time when the dream world is weak & all the super powers from the dream world are hibernating he meet her again and help her with her breakthrough and there's some other city that demanding taxes.

After that I don't recall Leylin ever meeting her again or her being mentioned, so for me it's a loose end. But since I read MTL I might have missed something and thought to ask about it.

4. Land Of Tea

Land Of Tea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhhh that's what you were talking about

5. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl is later found hibernating inside a crystal. Basically receiving those cultivation techniques change their destiny and she ends up becoming somewhat of a living statue that protects her clan. The plot is definitely tied up. She ends up as a guardian for her people and it's evidence to Leylin about the power of karma because her becoming a guardian is exactly what saved him from death at the hands of another rank eight inside the dream world. He save her and she saved him. He blesses them then leaves

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, yes I already know this?

But what does it have to do with the woman he meets in the dreamworld after being advised to meet her by the owl? I'm not actually asking about Gillian, I'm asking if anyone has figured out who this woman (who repays some kind of debt according to the owl) is, and I speculate that she might be Gillian from far into the future...

But ok, so at least it seems like you also don't recall Gillian ever being mentioned again after the MC met her during her hibernating breakthrough.

TL-DR when I said "loose end" I wasn't necessarily talking about Gillian... I was talking about the woman who the owl says she repaid her debt, and that I was thinking that she COULD be Gillian from the future.