LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    This part of the novel is a ton of fun. Sure it is plagiarized since he surely did not get permissions but... that doesn't makes this a bad arc.
    Seeing Leylin after all this growth and all his power have to play and scheme like the mortals do is such a nice change of pace.
    I totally agree with you.

I definitely meant gluttony. I have no idea how i got Greed into my head........... nope still no idea.

Plagiarizing works holds no sway over the quality of this novel. The Author could literally Plagiarize stuff for every part of his novel and steal all his character from well established sources and he could still make something good.
    It holds no sway on the Quality of this novel.
    Which to me is just getting better and better.

I think this Arc is getting hate because it isn't standard practice. People just want bigger and more powerful... to take a needed step back really annoys the people who devour all the trope filled Xianxia with their Deus Ex Machina power-ups every 10 chapters.
    Atleast in my opinion.

TsukiKun and Astaroth like this.
  2. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly, I hate it cause It's lame. Well it's not hate either...
    I would have ate reincarnation story better if world wasn't so blatantly plagiarized. It's kind of lame, you know, like author run out of the ideas. I noticed that I started to miss more and more paragraphs so I stopped.
    If you take current pace you can see that this arc can easily take 300 chapters or so. For a while they won't be way too original either. Naturally there will be some sort of scheming shortcoming which hopefully would be brilliant.
    No, It just was lame. Yesterday I actually thought how would I design this arc...
    Leylin is a scientist. To expect the first reincarnation try will actually work is kind of moronic. He doesn't have all info about world beforehand, he can be reincarnated as peasant or slave or in any other position (more than 90% of them) which doesn't permit him to study local magic from childhood. He can be found out, gods can have unknown yet abilities, he could be killed randomly cause he is weak as you can imagine for years...
    So to expect he will be successful Is kind of arrogant. So I would have modified spell a little (story-wise way) and organized this arc into mostly journal-like-thing. Try number 1: got reincarnation as a peasant, died In childhood from disease. Try number 9: got magic teacher, from now on every next try will be better and better since he can study magic from start. I would have been wrote 3-4 very short 1-2 chapters fun reincarnations and 2-3 longer with ten or so chapters usefull for story reincarnations. And last one experiment would have take 100-150 or less chapters where every boring part could be ignored cause "In the Try №2374 I I have the same situation so I it ended like this" and so on. Add some weapons and organizations he prepared for this last try too, some epic schemes and so on.
    I think this way or some other would be kind of better. You can take one step back and In the same time save the vision of Leylin as epic mastermind who will soon control the world!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Yarbles and Astaroth like this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    One problem I have with that, if it work the first or the 1000 time doesn't really matter. We all know it will succeed eventually.

If anything that journal type of thing would have absolutely been filler / padding to lengthen the novel.

If it wasn't going to be any story about it, then like @Viola said, author should have just summed it up in a chapter or two.

And I don't see how you thought that Leylin was sure he would succeed right away, he basically had all the time in the world in the first place and making a new coin wouldn't really be that difficult since he could do it even as a rank 2 warlock.

Viola likes this.
  4. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say he was sure: it wasn't highlighted either way after all. I'm saying he should have expected to fail his first few attempts at the very least and plan things accordingly. Maybe he expects and it will be showed later. Actually It would be great if he builds some organization or makes other preparations on not-so-impossible first attempt failure chance. He didn't have that much ability to do it before, but he will such ability in the future. In could be short like few paragraphs in a few chapters, but it would be cool.

5. Yarbles

Yarbles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a great premise on its own for a novel.
    Like Edge of Tomorrow, but no time travel.
    Just hardcore trial and error.
    Would read.

Astaroth likes this.
  6. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Actually WMW used this old powerhouse reincarnates in new world type of premise for this arc too which can be used for like second novel.
    I don't really like or hate reincarnation trope. I like it if MC takes from Earth something he can't possibly find in this new world (like an AI-ship, yes) or something so subtle like nostalgia and reasons to live and go back. I don't like if he gets some op fantasy-style artifact which exist in our world cause of reasons or if his past never mentioned again.

7. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this world of gods arc. But reading WMW arcs are basically waiting until he breaks through to mess shit up. everything before that is filler like and just setting up for when he breaks through and can wreck some scrubs. at least for me. becasue of how his personality is cautious and doesn't want trouble until he can bulldoze through it in some sort of manner.
    i haven't played DnD so i don't understand what you guys are going through when reading this, but to me everything feels new.

Viola, jirka642 and Astaroth like this.
  8. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Well just imagine Leylin was admitted to Academy of Magic Hogdarts and his new magic is exactly the same as Harry Potter's including spells itself with their exact names.
    I just imagined it myself and got loled :D

Aternus and Viola like this.
  9. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the end it will be Leylin Faulen and Leylin Farlier that will destroy this world of gods?

10. greeeed

greeeed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this arc though I understand the hate since it's like reaching cap level then being force to play from peel one again.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people who read ahead tell me that yes, he destroys everything

BumChikiBum and Astaroth like this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else expects the first son to get sent back from neck-up only?

13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, whoever think this arc is boring is crazy.

This fight is going to be awesome. I can't wait.
    PIRATE TIDE

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    300m long ship for only 300 pirates? What kind of waste is that? Oo

mrttao likes this.
  15. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    300 elite pirates- do you expect professionals to wash, clean and sail the ship? Obviously there are slaves and such to do the mediocre stuff, 300 professionals just represents thier battle strength.

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where the flying heck did they get thousands of pirate ships for the pirate tide? that port is not that big. what do the smalltime pirates eat? the barbarians are supposed to equal to other big 2, and of those one explicitly has 10 ships.
    So, 10 ships for each of the big three... and thousands of minor pirates? its ridiculous. Heck, how come they didn't get raided by stronger pirates and had their ship stolen and sold to legitimate shippers

Most pirates are EXPLICITLY not professionals. There are a FEW pros per 100 pirates. explicitly stated by leylin. they might be experienced pirates but don't have class levels.

17. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    The black skeletonS have 300 elite pirates which I'm assuming range from level 5 to 10

18. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more pirate leylin, what kind of plan does he have to turn the tables on william?

19. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwh, I was looking forward to a big ass ship battle.

20. TsukiKun

TsukiKun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like he is going to steal the pride of Williams fleet the magically enhanced battleship.