LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC when he acquired the arcanist inheritance he got a bunch of converted spell models, that were converted from the original magus model to one that is native to the world of the gods.
    And he has since converted a few other simple spells.

However, he is still not using meditation techniques like magi do. Instead, he seems to be aiming at using faith to promote himself. this makes sense, since his goal is to master the methods of the world of gods and then combine them with his original body. that is, master the manipulation of faith

2. Nightazday

Nightazday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for Ogde

jirka642, Viola and mrttao like this.
  3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and his race. leylin just eliminated all their females, all their children, and all their old.

Viola likes this.
  4. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the battle even necessary? Can't he just do some orbital exterminatus and be done with it? It's not like anyone can stop him.

mrttao likes this.
  5. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel worse for Madam Tillen. He essentially forced her into a death-guaranteed situation.
    Ogde had it bad, but he was so silly, but I guess that's what we can expect from a barbarian.

LIGHTDX and mrttao like this.
  6. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So can leylin gain divinty via the faith of the kemoyin warlocks/serpents while in world of gods? as well as from purgutory? as beezulbub seemed to be able to which was the point of him going outside the crystal sphere.

So to achieve ledgend you have to light the godfire inside you, or is it just train soul force? or is it something else? ledgend rank confuses me.

jirka642 likes this.
  7. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He probably can for the first wo questions, as long as he knows how to, and probably know now. Beelzebub has been gaining followers outside the World of Gods, so why can't Leylin?

I think Legends are Rank 4s in the Magus World, so I guess they do train soul force and not light their godfire. Lighting your godfire seems to make you ascend to godhood.

IIRC, the Queen limited him to High Ranked knowledge and not Legendary knowledge.

And if I'm reading the discussions here, the author actually stole this World of God system from DnD? Does DnD provide a way to ascend to godhood too?

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beelzebub had to send out a clone (or later his real body) using a magic artifact.
    MC doesn't have that magic artifact, as such he should not be able to do so until later.

Also, beelzebub didn't aim for gathering faith outside the world of gods, he aimed for devouring. This suggests that only world of gods natives can generate faith.

Actually, even the gods of world of gods are all fighting over the mortals in the prime material plane instead of getting mortals to their divine realms to breed like rabbits. this suggests that only mortals on the prime material plane generate faith

Said high rank knowledge was level 15 and lower.

He stole it, but made some changes.
    And yes, dnd does provide paths of ascension to godhood.
    Get divinity from an existing god, steal the divinity from a recently killed god, or get worshippers of your own and you will become a god.

Silangan likes this.
  9. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would have more sense if Leylin had discover that the barbarians reside the fire scale island by his own, if the god of murder wanted chaos and kill who ever win from his battle with the barbarians then they should not have told him in order to bring the fight closer to them.

I feel bad for Tillen too since she was 'forced' to go to her death all because Odge didn't listened her. It is a little sad that the tribe were killed and used as bait, but the barbarians and the humans were all trying to do the same, kill the other race first and take the outer seas for themselves, since it is like that i don't feel too bad for them.

blablabla12 and mrttao like this.
  10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that the barbarians were horrifically evil.
    Remember the pirate tide?

jirka642 and LIGHTDX like this.
  11. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well yes the goal was to ascend as a god, so using a magus meditation technique would just spoil the purpose.

i wonder if he'd ever try to make a bunch of magus weapons and experiments, like someone had mentioned converting a warrior into a branded-swordsman.

12. kitame

kitame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they're simply treated as a plague by other races, this alone says a lot to what they are.

mrttao likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Point, i mean, it worked great in tiff. Even if MC doesn't use it himself he might have some underlings use it.

14. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I'm just impressed by the Mordenkainen's Disjunction reference. Like, this world not just a half-assed DnD reference, the author read the whole source books.

15. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did not, so far all I've seen is cursory knowledge, he may know the whole lore but what the series shows is a broken version of stuff. Maybe it's to adapt to the setting of the story but its a bitch move regardless.

mrttao likes this.
  16. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is it a bitch move?

17. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Using the setting the way the author is. He is taking some great liberties with the "time of troubles" usually stories set on that setting follow the lore to a T and develop themselves using the established mold, this guy is taking parts of the setting he likes and pasting em on top of his story, I like the story but I also like Forgotten Realms a lot an to me this seems like a disrespectful action.

mrttao likes this.
  18. Silangan

Silangan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow. That's exactly how you'll ascend in the series, too. Lol

From my understanding, in the series if you acquire your divinity from a previous god, you'll get their domains too. Is that right?

It seems that Leylin's main body is slowly healing, enough that he has his Devour now. But didnt he use it a lot of times before? He just used it to Devour the artifact from the priest/bishop he just killed?

mrttao likes this.
  19. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. Plagiarism is always a divisive move.

For me, ya he plagiarized all this. It isn't cool but i wont let it hamper my enjoyment of the novel. I know this isn't a Forgotten Realms novel which steadfastly sticks to lore so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape when my expectations are met.

But i see why you take it as a bitch move. There is a reason after all for why Forgotten Realms and the Lore in general is so liked. (Because it's so damn good)

20. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Want to think it is a mistake there and is more about lending his law of devoring to his copy in order to make it stronger and with better effect. Right now the Leylin in the WoG has been using his understanding of the devoring law and his own power in order to try to make something similiar. Now with the support it is closer to the real thing.