LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the whole thing stupid in a sense. I don't think any of the man and yes that's how empire conquering used to be, kill the people there rape the women to extinguish the race and get mix bloods, and enslave those you could, the slavery part was very meh for the whole Americas because they weren't good slaves as I hear it in fact they died easily so they opted to just kill em. Still changing the name of the holiday kinda doesn't do shit. No kid I knew when I was young really thought of Columbus as a hero of any kind, nor and adventurer in fact no kid thought about the guy from the holiday it was just a free day away from school, so not much change there, and the fact that they are naming it Indigenous People day just reeks of guilt in my very honest opinion. Just call it The Day Europe Discovered North America, lengthy yes, but far more accurate. Though maybe not all that accurate considering the Vikings earlier landings but meh.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a grossly inaccurate representation of it on so many levels...

Also, WMW is patterned after SOUTH america not north.

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the SJW guilt narrative in the USA. I agree, it should be something accurate as to avoid any of this political drama. Then again there is no avoiding political drama in the USA so....

I don't know a single Country that wasn't established on death and some truly evil acts.

Anyone can feel free to prove me wrong but if you go back far enough i am sure you will find some terrible things each country as done prior to their creation or afterwards to stabilize their position.

mrttao likes this.
  4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying that countries aren't established upon terrible acts, I'm saying they try to avoid celebrating it.

Also, Columbus Day was absolutely pointless since Columbus didn't even discover America.

mrttao likes this.
  5. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I wasn't saying anything against your point. I was merely expanding and adding my own 2 cents to the point.

And ya. I don't get why they want to celebrate the fact that bad stuff happened. It isn't like it should be forgotten but I don't see any other countries renaming holidays or making holidays to memorate the messed up shit they did.

Ya, that guy was late to the party.

6. Marovus

Marovus New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never seen any evidence GOT took inspiration from some legend for that name. I don't know any Chinese, but using google translate on the source for it comes out with "Tagalian wing snake" ... Couldn't it just be a translation thing?

7. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried searching for Targaryen Mythology... all that came up no matter how I posed the question was Game of Thrones crap and speculations.

Sorry. Google won't help me help you.

8. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a Game of Thrones reference.

9. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be, since the books are already out (at least the first one) since 1996.
    But Targaryen could also be from actual mythology, which simply got flooded from the google search results by the popularity of games of thrones.

Which I rather believe, since until now his kids etc. got their race named after actual mythological beasts.

10. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    So I managed to find some non GOT stuff.

Winged Serpent
    http://www.theoi.com/Thaumasios/OphiesPteretoi.html

Kukulkan
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukulkan

Quetzalcoatl
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

I'm sure all this was used as inspiration for his bloodline period and his name in the world of the Gods is a direct reference.

Now I remember him saying something about Targaryen when he named his bloodline but I can remember and I'm on mobile so I can't check atm. Someone can feel free to confirm what he said.
    I can't remember if he randomly chose the name, whether it had historical significance, or if he picked it because if a pop culture reference.

Edit:
    Here are some more reference to winged and other types of snakes throughout the mythological history of many different pantheon.
    http://www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com/serpent-symbolism.html

11. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So why doesn't Leylin refine the posion from the native blood and create a plague or posion all water systems in order to screw over all gods? you know he can do this, like that time when he got ancient dragon blood from those kolbolds.

12. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did he absorb that attack to push him to the limit? It doesn't really specify. Thoughts?

mrttao likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The poison is in their souls, not their bodies.

CodeZero and wonderer like this.
  14. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Waukens was the only god to make the connection that it's Leylin..? I doubt her church being Faulen Island made THAT much of a difference. :confused:

CodeZero and mrttao like this.
  15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Just the author trying to make it seem like he isn't randomly making stuff happen. Cheap way to do it but better than nothing.

She will either help or hinder and he wrote a paragraph about that to foreshadow her involvement in the future. Whatever that involvement entails.

mrttao likes this.
  16. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    If Mystra herself, being the patron of wizardy and all things magic, can't detect it was Leylin, there's no way Waukens a random wealth god should be able to.
    I agree that it is random for the sake of plot. Curious to know whether she will help Leylin or not (better be a good reason for her random ability to recognise it was him).

mrttao likes this.
  17. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not the god, but that one priest from the church. and its not like the gods can't detect it, its that they do, but don't care about it. they have bigger things to worry about than a single demi-god being born, which they assume is a native which would stay a demi-god pleb for life. like for example that god war, that the god of justice and magic were hinting at.
    also they suck at communicating with each other and in genral, if the god of massace told the other gods what happened they might be more vigilant against leylin. like the control over orign force he seems to have.
    As well as when that girl paladins that leylin wanted to corrupt prayed, which is basically comunicated with the god of justice, leylin managed a way of implanting a devil seed and he didn't detect it. the god of JUSTICE.

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also surprised not a single god is actually bothering to look.

Also, the fact that natives who ascend to godhood are exempt from the native curse actually makes them an even bigger clear and present danger to the normal gods. Meaning there is even more reason for them to genocide the natives.
    He was saying "detect it was leylin" not "detect the ascension happened"

----
    edit:
    Also, so... goddess of wealth recognizes leylin because her priests interacted with him
    ... except... remember that time where leylin snatched malar's divinity right under the nose of the church of justice? god of justice should definitely have recognized him.
    And leylin worked in silverymoon for a while and interacted with mystra's chosen.

Also, mystra never bothered paying attention to the "youngest wizard ever in the history of ever to reach X". even younger than any of her own chosen. Despite the fact he was under her domain via silverymoon city.

edit2:
    Also, leylin is a "white skinned devil", aka he looks nothing like the natives. The god's conscients allegedly looked at the direction... and decided he must have been a native? how, do they not see he is clearly a blue eyed blonde white person from the main continent and not a native of debunks?

VixenKiss likes this.
  19. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read the end...
    Even Leylin himself as a high ranked legendary couldn't just evaporate and materilise like the "golden light" much less Waukeen's priest who is at most a mid-ranked legendary.
    It's explicitly stated that it was Waukeen, not really sure how you think otherwise..
    --
    And yes, as mrrtao pointed out, I explicitly posted regarding the detection/identification of Leylin, not the ascension.
    Please read fully next time, thanks. : )

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Viola, mrttao and wonderer like this.
  20. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks, for pointing that out. I'll skim less next time