LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How come leylin always goes "ai cheat, record" and then manually flip a book with his hands? the AI cheat has a scanner that is at the level of an atomic microscope. It should be able to just record all books in range without even opening them!

here
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/wmw-index/wmw-chapter-483/
    there have also been previous mentions by leylin how he cannot hide stuff from rank 4. like when he was saved by his mentor from the demon hunter and was scanned for goods. Or when he broke through to crystal phase and stated he cannot hide this from rank 4

edit: and looks like author changed his mind:
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/wmw-index/wmw-chapter-484/

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c484:
    why didn't leylin just blow his head up with fatality tip?

He says he doesn't dare underestimate him, yet he vastly underestimates him and assumes he is a mindless beast acting on instinct.

How does that even work? how can he have a purer giant kemoyin bloodline than actual giant kemoyin serpant?
    After he was sucked by noah he is now a rank 1 warlock and no longer a senior.

CodeZero likes this.
  3. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I guess the author decided then I was indeed right, I guess.

4. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    He's scouting out Noah's abilities and getting some research data, after all we all know how Leylin loves to examine freaky shit he's never seen before and use it later :3.

A5G_Reaper and mrttao like this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, fine. but that is clearly underestimating him. which he is explicitly supposedly not daring to do
    the author explicitly contradicts himself there. i provided quote showing you are wrong, and quote showing you are right. so at the moment I am going with "who knows"

6. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats a fine standpoint.

7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume when he is talking about that he is speaking about how close he is to the Snake Dowager.
    Using a higher level serpent to purify his bloodline makes his bloodline stronger than any other Giant Kemoyin Serpent getting him closer to the one True Snake Ancestor.

Only way that makes sense.

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now that DOES make a lot of sense

Viola likes this.
  9. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's also possible that actual giant kemoyin serpents have differing bloodline purities as well (which results in differing levels of strength/talent). Cause I mean, they can't all be mirror copies of one another right? There has to be some differences between them, and maybe that's how.

zeus likes this.
  10. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone ever refers to their Bloodline Purity in comparison to the real deal I think it is always talking about the originator of their species.
    So they compare their purity to the first Giant Kemoyin Serpent.

With the Lamia Finger Bone his bloodline should already have higher heights and be very close to the original if not already surpassing it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope that Leylin has had some kind of guaranteed backup plan to save himself, because I really don't like how he's been putting himself at immense risk all willy-nilly.

Like what was this crap about being caught by the gluttony stuff and only being able to break out thanks to the stardust bugs, which he didn't find out about until after he got caught? That's practically admitting that if not for deus ex machina Leylin just died, and unlike the other times where he actually had to take a gamble, this time he didn't have to put himself at risk at all.

zeus and mrttao like this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He also explicitly said he is not going to underestimate noah... and then immediately proceed to underestimate him

zeus and Astaroth like this.
  13. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you guys really think Leylin was at big risk from the gluttony thing? Now the author described it as if it was very exciting and dangerous, but don't forget Leylin's bloodline vastly surpasses Noahs, hence all his spells as a warlock would be far stronger than the opposing party's. He also didn't use his potion based spells to supplement his use of his sword, and his physical prowess is likely beyond Noah's or equal to it despite Gluttony strengthening him with the mark. Leylin can also easily use fatality's tip a lot more than once, like he will do while battling these oakheart fools. The only thing that Leylin didn't realize right away was that Noah wasn't insane from the imprint, and I'm not blaming Leylin for that. Noah pulled that off extremely well. I didn't even know it was Noah until a chapter or two ago.. magi are unpredictable and very crafty, Leylin is not just instantly 100% able to see through their plots, especially one as treacherous as Noah's fake insanity.

So far I have not seen Leylin take any outrageous risks, even searching through the inner workings of the castle was safer than blindly trusting in "robin" and not trying to gather more information.

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just explicitly stated that it could break his defenses and the only reason he could break out of the gluttony cage is because of the stardust bugs
    None of this is relevant when he is caught in the gluttony cage. which he explicitly couldn't escape from if not for the stardust bugs

also we were repeatedly told that there are many bizarre and unusual things that you need to recognize and have a specific counter for or you are screwed.
    He could have started out more aggressively against noah. like starting out with a fatality tip or his own false domain or interrupting his spell with petrify or something
    He is in real danger because of the rank 4 spell scroll

Astaroth likes this.
  15. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually you are wrong, it explicitly stated that the stardust bugs made it easier to break out of the cage, but he could have done it anyways. "“If it was just this barrier, it would practically be unbreakable by rank 3 Magi, and even I would have to spend a great amount of spiritual force to forcefully break out of it, but what a pity…” Leylin sighed" .

Well of course, such as prophecies, fate, etc, and Noah's imprint grants him benefits. But it was already stated that even after this thing refined his bloodline he was even worse than Leylin's initial bloodline before he got the llamia finger bone. Not to mention we already know Leylin has obtained an otherworldly, super-effective body cultivation method, which probably atleast equals or surpasses the effect of Noah's otherworldly imprint (my speculation, although it shouldn't differ that much even if it is worse). Sure things are trying to eat him, and it does have a touch of a morning star domain to it, but Leylin already said he was confident he can break it and Noah is ultimately not a morning star mage. My point is Noah's imprint is very strong, but not game changingly, uncomparably OP to the point Leylin can't cope, and Leylin already had some assurances that this was the case.

He could have done those things, but the results wouldn't have necessarily been better. Leylin's only flaw in this fight was that he didn't recognize Noah's partially fake insanity, but I don't blame Leylin for that, I wasn't expecting it either. Also even though Leylin is cautious, crafty and prioritizes survival he is not omniscient. Using his sword attack along with bloodline spells is already Leylin operating at a very high level of attacking power, let's not forget that Leylin wants to keep Noah alive to interrogate him and get to the bottom of the plot, so forget about him instantly killing Noah. He is attempting to subdue him.

He is truly in danger of the rank 4 scroll, however that is because he is being plotted against in his own clan's territory. I don't think he took any unreasonable risks, it's more like a worst case outcome involving what happened before at the Oakheart clan. Even still there are no rank 4 mages at the scene, Leylin should be able to survive since he's nearly invincible in rank 3.

I'm making all kinds of grammar errors today. I guess I've been reading too many ln's lol.

barashkafromro, zeus and Astaroth like this.
  16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right, I did say something wrong. that being said, spend a great amount of spiritual force is crippling in combat to a magus.
    this was a catastrophic mistake by leylin underestimating his opponent and being saved by plot armor.

Seriously, stop harping about the refined bloodline. it is completely and utterly totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Literally nobody here said that noah is more powerful than leylin. The issue was that leylin was going easy on noah and underestimating him and letting himself get put into a position where plot armor had to save him.

Furthermore, you are assuming everything can be dealt with raw power when we have repeatedly seen that this is not the case. we have seen that when leylin was an acolyte and encountered a vengeful spirit for the first time. we have seen it with the curse he used to kill fayle as rank 1, we have seen it with the 3 bodies in 1 bypassing the trial's eye, we have seen it with the quicksand castle defenses, especially the curse defense. We have seen it with the potioneering duel in front of the secret realm that contains the quicksand castle. we have seen it with the stardust beetles. we have seen it with leylin placing the curses on jenna and that other guy. we have seen it with the trap jenna made for him. we have seen it with the inverted J thingie that leylin used to escape from maguses a whole rank above him.

there are a ton of examples how spells can have bizzare and unpredictable effects that require a person to identify them and then solve them. Letting the enemy freely cast shit at you is beyond arrogant, its downright suicidal. Especially when you know that your enemy is a bizarre being with nonstandard powers (gluttony)

... no, it is because a rank 4 spell completely annihilates a rank 3 magus like him.
    you were making it out like he was going to just mop them up. when in actuality we are curious to know how he can possibly survive a rank 4 spell
    You have failed to actually explain how you expect him to survive the rank 4 spell scroll which can 1 hit kill him and he should have no defense against.
    You seem to be confused. I never said he took risks with leo and his party. I said he took risks with noah fight. And made a completely unrelated argument that leo poses a threat (as a response to your claim that he is going to easily annihilate leo and his party).

With those guys it was genuinely him getting ambushed. The risks were when he was fighting noah. although it is bizarre how those guys could ambush him considering his detection abilities. however, if he didn't mess up as badly as he did against noah he probably will not have been caught unguarded by those guys

zeus and Astaroth like this.
  17. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha no I think it's quite appropriate to talk about the bloodline. That is the purpose behind Noah even getting the imprint, ie it's main effect. The fact that it can't catch up to Leylin's initial bloodline speaks a lot about its power. The 3 bodies in 1 weren't what got around the trials eye, it was that that organization had far more feathers of the dirty bird than what they gave to Leylin. Also I never actually made the point that raw power can overcome everything, so you are arguing against a strawman.

You can't easily stop a magi from casting at you, they are magi lol. This isn't some MMO where Leylin can cast silence on enemy magic users. He has to overcome the enemies magic with his own, and Noah was at crystal phase just like Leylin. Leylin already has a huge advantage in that he has the AI chip to aid him in detecting enemy spells. He'd already be very good at that by himself, but it ensures Leylin wont make any mistakes in that regard. So "letting a magi use magic against him" is not reckless at all by Leylin. It's nearly impossible to prevent against a same ranked mage, unless you have set some sort of extremely high level trap. Even Noah couldn't prevent Leylin from casting spells with his Cage of Gluttony..

You are far from establishing that Leylin took any huge unnecessary risks in this arc with Noah. It all seems very reasonable and in character to me.

barashkafromro likes this.
  18. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I saw exactly zero plot armor saves. Does breaking out of a spell you should be able to break out of count as a plot armor save? Lol.

19. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how he will survive the rank 4 spell, I am not the author. However I do know that this spell that the chief of the oakheart clan is casting isn't his own spell, so it should be weaker in power than an actual rank 4 with a domain casting this spell. I'm assuming it's a consumable, also I know that this is not a combination spell, since those are outlawed in the central continent, and Leylin should have a chance at surviving it as a peak rank 3 warlock. Not to mention there seem to be technicalities to activating a portable spell, like timing, something Leylin seems to be taking advantage of with his psychological attack on the other party. Also I'm assuming Leylin doesn't have to just sit there and take it head on like a moron.

See my response above it's focused on the Noah fight. I brought up Leo because I was analyzing the potential risks Leylin has faced these last few recent chapters, and how many of them were unnecessary and brought about by bad decision making from Leylin. To be fair Leylin was in a fight, and he did detect them immediately once it finished. He did avoid getting attacked from a stealthed enemy.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is completely 100% totally irrelevant to anything we have discussed or are discussing. Noah's goal of strenghing his bloodline has nothing to do with the actual combat.

I explicitly stated that I agree with you that leylin's bloodline is stronger. My whole point was that brute force is not always the answer
    This is false. it is explicitly stated that 3 bodies in 1 was used by that guy to bypass it. furthermore, they probably didn't have more filthbird, but there are other ways to get rid of it. such as a favor from a rank 3 magus using brute force
    Bullshit. Literally your entire argument is that leylin is overwhelmingly OP compared to noah due to purer bloodline so he had nothing to fear from him.
    Casting can be interrupted and the more powerful and dangerous spells tend to have longer casting times. as well as other setups. even material components. These things have always been true and have been observed at various stages. during acolyte stage, and during rank 1 and rank 2 and rank 3 stage. for example it has been explicitly mentioned how rank 3 magi are using rank 1 and rank 2 instant cast spells because they do not have the time to cast a rank 3 spell mid combat without a friend to cover for them.

And leylin helped that one guy kill a dark elf matriarch during rank 2 by locking her down long enough for him to make a long chant.

Besides all that, there is the simple fact that leylin could have taken out noah before noah had a chance to trap him. leylin actually cast several spells at noah before noah cast his one spell at leylin
    When he was hydro phase he 1 hit killed a crystal phase guy from that auction place with fatality tip. when he fought the ambusher assassins he 1 hit killed their leader with fatality tip. etc. When he got serious with noah he took out noah with a single fatality tip.

Here leylin was casting shitty ineffective spells at noah as well as swinging a sword at him. because he assumed noah is mindless and because he was trying to get data and maybe capture him alive. he said not to underestimate him, and then he went and underestimated him

Astaroth likes this.