LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was pretty surprised Ceasar, Giant, and that annoying kid were actually the same guy split into 3 different bodies. Sort of reminds me of the IET worlds where everybody has separate clone bodies. Doesn't surprise me that the rank 2 magician for meddling hands would meddle in their fight, it does surprise me he is actually Ceasar's father.

2. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the previous discussion if the MC was evil or not in a different thread. Yes he is evil even by his own world's culture now. He wasn't up until he came to the light region though, the pressure on him was too high for things to show. I still like the novel but don't feel that there is any point discussing this point any more. :)

3. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Compared to the rest of the people in this world, he's pretty normal actually. He kills people who are gunning for him, and backstabs people who backstab him. The only questionable thing he's really done morality wise is to torture the prisoners to learn soul magic. Not risking your life to help random people because they asked you to doesn't make you evil. I guess the raids on the warehouses he committed were sketchy as well. Also compared to most of the mages he's a saint.

4. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He also helped that one sloot with her family after she stole for her one sided crush. That was actually a good guy move.

BlackBlade likes this.
  5. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    He also protected the acolytes, whom he had met when he was getting selected by magi organizations, when bandits attacked them. He also protected that girl with the weak warlock heritage when she was getting attacked by a magi family and brought her to her relatives after he learned that he couldn't purify her bloodline.

6. Aternus

Reading List:
    Link
    It kind of fits too, hes the one who claims to be completely for himself not really the author.

7. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    I freakin love this story! Its getting so intense and complicated, it's almost transformed into a spy novel going undercover as a cultivation novel. So much backstabbing, double crossing, deception, and manipulations behind the scenes. I think this has got to be the most smartly written plot of any ln I've seen.

It also goes to show that Leylin isn't just insanely cold hearted all the time. He repaid his debt to Wade and gave him a chance at survival, even to the point of going against his temporary alliance with Ceasar.

8. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just recently finished reading the latest translations of WMW, and I can say that it felt like japanese novels, but what I mean is Japanese novels done right. Situations that would occur at jp novels like girl slaves, girl asking to reclaim her status, lolis, etc, all these situations seem to be present in WMW, but the actions MC take don't even care about whether that girl is a beauty or not, if it helps him, he will help them within his limits only, but if it doesn't help them, he will discard them, even kill them if necessary.
    with all these, WMW has become one of my top novels now :D

BlackBlade likes this.
  9. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not as simple as clones, as those clones have the same personality or one spirit. It is more like the extremely rare species that can divide its soul in two (sovereign of light).

10. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting to see if he can win with his extreme conversion rate, stronger body and better inherent spells or not. He seems to have tied in the start and his two minions havn't been used fully yet.

He likely has his escape planned already with a pull spell far away.

If he anticipated this did he try to take sole ownership of the formation genie to use it in this battle? Maybe have a high priority on knocking out Caesar so he can use it without him cancelling his actions?

11. Aternus

Reading List:
    Link
    ooo. So many possiblities for what he's planning. His A.i might take over the formation genie alongside the whole secret plane. I can't imagin him not being able to clean up whoever's left after the 2 rank 2 mages finish fighting and taking everything.

12. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Leylin is way too crafty, I love it.

Aternus likes this.
  13. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    So, just me that is confused by the last chapter? He refined a ton of souls, then says using them to progress would introduce impurities? Did he fix that problem by transferring them through that formation construct that he then killed? Was very unclear to me.

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    He forced the souls and the core consciousness against each other so that the core weaken and finally died, giving access to its spiritual forces. I'm not really clear whether the souls also grant additional spiritual forces.

15. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just getting better =D

16. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't absorb the souls himself he used the energy from them to help him advance. To become a Magi you need to burn your own essence or life force to advance this is already known now to advance to rank 2 he needed to burn an even bigger amount of life force and energy which would weaken him in the future and make it even harder to advance in the future so he instead used energy from outside to help break through without damaging himself so he didn't really absorbed that impure energy he just burned it up to help him advance.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm that's strange, I'm assuming that he's still not fully free of the emotional instability which will come back later when Leylin rank up to 3 or so.

Thing is doesn't that mean that he can't leave this place until he become a morning star magus? I'm not so sure I like the idea of Leylin being stuck in the twilight zone for an entire 2 rank ups, or 3 if you include the recovery period as well.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So was there a timeskip here and Leylin has already used the freezing ability to recover as a Rank 2 Warlock?

19. Vindis

Vindis 『Shadow』『Lurker』『Leaves and comes like the wind』

Reading List:
    Link
    not Truly 4ever but for now he's free till rank 3 and the instability will be back at rank 4, Recovery is Hasten when he founds documents regarding the repairing his soul sea something..

20. Black Frost

Black Frost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the way it was written I also believed it was implied that he now has to power of his original Rank 2 Warlock self. Otherwise, either a paragraph didn't get translated or simply poor writing.