LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys are both making correct points.... but are confusing eachother points.

From what I see Mrttao is right when he says the argument about World Conciousness has nothing to do with his points.
    The points barashkafromro has made are all seemly correct minus lower ranks sliding under the radar. (Depends on what he meant as lower ranks though)

You two have two different but correct points that really don't have anything to do with eachother... so how about we save this threads big bi-weekly debate for something where people actually disagree with eachother instead of this...
    The real debates are much more fun.

Salohcin22 and mrttao like this.
  2. Salohcin22

Salohcin22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI Everyone, I added The "Greedy Protagonist", "Cruel Protagonist", "Meticulous Protagonist", "Selfish Protagonist", "Proactive Protagonist", and "Cautious Protagonist" to the tags list. I was searching through the "Release Filtering" link on the right under "Tag Exclusion" and I realized those protagonist tags apply here.

Also, Idk about the whole Evil Protagonist one, but it's plausible at least. Hasn't he said multiple times that if he has the chance to help people out and get some good will he will? As long as it doesn't go against benefits? Idk, his actions so far have seemed pretty evil. I guess you don't have to be evil all the time to actually be evil.

mrttao likes this.
  3. Salohcin22

Reading List:
    Link
    And if anyone hasn't they should definitely recommend Age of Adepts, or read it! It's really good so far, and The main character is actually moral and has a conscious. There is AI and Biochip as well, however for the moment he gets bullied and takes it a little too much. Also there is a Vampire girl that he becomes a subordinate under.

I often feel guilty or despise WMW because of it's complete lack of morality.

4. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    It is it's lack of Morality that makes it so good though. It is similar to Overlord in that aspect. On NU we see so many Heroes and White Knights that having a couple good novels about Villains or Anti-Heroes is a really nice change of pace.

WMW is in a nice spot. He is not evil like Chu Feng from MGA or the MC from PMG where if you look at them wrong they will slaughter you entire clan. Nor is it like most other NU novels where the protagonist is super righteous and always tries to do the right thing. Leylin will help people if he gets something in return, he also doesn't mind killing people if it helps him in anyway. It is nice to see such a well-written morally ambiguous character.

As for Age of Adepts i for one am waiting till they get a nice heap of chapters.

Agame, zeus, pbuh and 1 other person like this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I asked for clarification many times already. He just keeps making quotes that literally do not support his argument. they support completely different arguments that have nothing to do with what I said.
    He made true statements, but his actual argument is "mrttao is wrong because <insert true but unrelated statements>"
    You are absolutely right about him confusing me. I am very confused by why he is making random true statement as if they prove me wrong. And I have repeatedly asked him to clarify his position because he is very confusing

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Raven_King, Salohcin22 and Viola like this.
  6. Salohcin22

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's true. It is putting out a chapter a day though, so I guess you can check up on it howevermany days after today you want there to be chapters. so rn it has like 46 or so, so if you want 200 chapters just wait 5 months till you pick it up then.

Viola likes this.
  7. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    ill probably only be waiting another month. Enough time to likely get past all introductory chapters about the world and his situation. If not then i will at least have a great grasp of everything.,

Salohcin22 likes this.
  8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly feel that leylin is the best protagonist ever and wish I could find even just 1 more story with a protagonist like him.
    (there are plenty of evil protagonists, but they are doing self harming evil because they are extremely stupid. not coldly pursuing benefits. also leylin treatment of women is very unique. beautiful woman tries to trap him? kill her. go buy some slavegirls)

Also, hasn't the MC in age of adepts recently said that nobody, himself included, is able to maintain their morality and survive in the world of adepts? and that he was forced to toss it away over the years? (unlike leylin, his biochip only reactivated 2 years after he started studying magic)

To me it seems like it mainly differs from WMW in that the MC started out with normal morality and it changes over time (typical xianxia). Also the MC is more waifu than our MC.

zeus and Salohcin22 like this.
  9. Salohcin22

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, then that story might not be for you then. I don't remember that quote but I could definitely see that being said. I just wish he had helped the common people out more I guess. I do like how he has refrained from getting kids and a wife he loves, as I absolutely hate the save my kids and my wife trope.

Btw, I really like the Ourobourus arc where the girls are dominant and there is more of them wanting and prostituting males. Do you guys know any other series like that where the males are in demand and the females don't have enough supply?

For anyone that wished leylin wasn't so evil Age of Adepts is good (so far), but anyone that absolutely loves his character then I guess not.

10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why would the story not be for me? While I wish we had more stories with MC's like leylin, I didn't say I hate all stories with MC's that do not live up to it.

I just dislike stupid-evil MCs who self harm because they addicted to doing random acts of evil.

So far I am enjoying both WMW and AOA for different reasons. Although AoA is very much in early phase and at the moment the MC just doesn't DO much. I cannot even tell if he is evil or not, will he go for waifu or benefits? etc.

There are some hints but they can be interpreted different ways. for example, is he sucking up to mary because waifu, or because she is much stronger and provides him with defense and resources? it is not yet clear

11. Salohcin22

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I was just saying that if you mainly liked WMW for Leylin and how he acts then it might not be. I was mainly basing that off of what viole said earlier, and it seemed like you were in the same boat.

12. KnightofGlory26

KnightofGlory26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you don't feel guilty, it's just your inner evil being released :D
    PRAISE SATAN!!!

zeus and mrttao like this.
  13. hodel.kirk

hodel.kirk Walking the Dao of the Brick, Building by Building

Reading List:
    Link
    Small spelling error let me offer a correction.

PRAISE LEYLIN!!!

zeus, KnightofGlory26 and mrttao like this.
  14. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap guys.
    Check out OMA's Patreon.

We are $200 away from 3 chapters per day plus a possible Mass Release.

I thought it would take alot longer than a month to get this far.

TheZephyrStorm likes this.
  15. KnightofGlory26

KnightofGlory26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, I feel terrible.
    Thank you for correcting my mistakes! ;)

mrttao likes this.
  16. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've spent the last week or two reading the entire MTL and
    After the God's World arc starts Leylin starts to go down this route. You could even say the story starts to get creepy. Kinda wish I'd ended the story right before he gets sent into the God's world, or atleast right before he invades hell, cause the author takes things down a weird route and the story had been top notch before that. Also Leylin starts to get benefits by manipulating common mortals... which you can imagine how that goes. Atleast in the magus world all the benefits were in the hands of the higher levels and the common mortals didn't matter at all to him. He does become insanely powerful in the end, and he stays true too his character I guess.. but I didn't realize Leylin would do stuff to the extent that he did.

mrttao likes this.
  17. Salohcin22

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, no. It's less guilty and more disgusted, ashamed, and some amount of disappointment of his actions. Just because what he's doing I would change a lot of things, but it's a story so what can you do? you know. That's why I like Age of Adepts so much, because it's a refreshing new point of a Story, setting and idea that I love, but with a more compassionate protagonist

18. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man he is getting all kinds of gains from this new world, new spell forms, new techniques, and new meditation techniques. Though the seem kind of on the pale side, I'd expected a lot more because of the great results he got from the multi-limb race technique and that was a broken down or elementary version of that technique yet it was still good enough for him to use even at Morning Star, yet the stuff he has gotten from this world so far doesn't seem to match up in usefulness.

BlackBlade and mrttao like this.
  19. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Well he needs time to process all those gains and optimize the techniques whithis ai cheat

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "For love and justice! Breakthrough between life and death!"

I laughed so hard. very nice parody of your typical CN LN there by leylin.