LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    But Leylin would keep his soul force in the point mass. You can't detect the point mass from what I remember, and he isn't stupid enough to blow his cover in front of the 5th rank just from that.

2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Other Rank 4's can't detect his point mass (?) but I don't think it has said anywhere that Rank 5's can't. We still really don't know anything about Rank 5's. They could be more than capable of seeing through Leylin. The only reason he fooled the last Rank 5 was because he temporarily became another type of Warlock through that secret technique.

As has been stated before these ember wing birds have no special bloodlines in them. Nothing leading to any ancient creature so this technique won't won't in this situation. All he can do is change his appearence, use their techniques and language plus their cultivation techniques.
    That is his disguise, no secret bloodline camouflage techniques. Given that I would think even exceptional Rank 4's would be able to see through him let alone Rank 5's.
    Plus I still think Ranks 5's can tell if you have spiritual force or soul force (point mass or whatever else we call what you get when you pass into rank 4) which makes all those other things Leylin is doing to disguise himself worth even less.

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really baffled at how the hell leylin is cultivating this emberwing meditation technique. I mean, I thought you cannot switch those once you have become official magus!

Also he set up a scenario where the rank 5 had no reason to look too hard at things

Viola likes this.
  4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those dukes are completely heartless. They set up the triserpant sect just so that they could betray it to the atlan union for personal benefit. Those poor idealists who joined the triserpant organization for the sake of liberty and equality...

5. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the emberwing thing is a technique that nurtures a flame isdie you and that flame nurtures your body and soul so it counts more like an add on and not a main Magus branch. This is all speculation

Black Frost, mrttao and Raven_King like this.
  6. Zyront

Zyront Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its very similar almost the same i think, normal magus create a rune on their subconscious whit the help of meditation techniques (or made them whit grine water and a spell model but that cuts their future) and the rune nourish their souls power, the warlocks use the bloodline to nourish their bodies and use the meditation technique to create a warlock rune that gives them the natural abilities of the ancient beasts as innate spells and nourish their souls power. So i think that from another point of view the emberwings would be very close to a warlock phoenix family.

mrttao likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been mentioned how similar it is to warlocks... I think the main difference is that you do not need to start out as belonging to the bloodline. Rather as you practice this meditation technique you are transformed into a warlock of that bloodline

then again, the phoenix disallows people of other races from becoming star rank.

8. hodel.kirk

hodel.kirk Walking the Dao of the Brick, Building by Building

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to me like it is more of a selective picking than disallowing, leylin's point mass kept him from being hypnotized and forced into a change by the phoenix

mrttao likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c568
    >Leylin kept Scarlet Eye company at the parliament while listening to an illogical and boring speech.

I laughed. nicely accurate representation of politics there

Raven_King likes this.
  10. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked OMAs patreon and I'm a bit confused about the latest goal

6k$ for 100 chapter per month, 4k$ goal was 3 chapter per day, so an extra 2k$ gets us only 7 - 10 more chapters per months?

And yes, I know that 3 chapters a day is already awesome

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that it is a matter of willingness. increasing from 90 to 100 chapters per month means the translators already limited free time dwindles. He is already making good money, so, a lot more money is needed to convince the same translator to work that much harder

12. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about his motivation.

13. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am i the only one who feels that Bowens is the real spy from jupiter lighting?, real in the meaning that loke was a decoy to make fire eyes lower his guard

mrttao likes this.
  14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's happening! Leylin has started to consume the phoenix egg and is racing towards fireplume level 11!

15. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did he break his blood shackles now that he has fused fire plume with his mass point. And will he now transform into a bird or a snake, is he still apart of the snake bloodline? So may questions.

16. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    He should grab the egg and open the gate back home.

17. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    So the 11th,12th and 13th level of the Fireplume isn't necessary to cultivate anymore?

18. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    He only loosened them a little and weakened the Snake Dowager's influence on him

19. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Aww yeah this chapter is so awesome squeeeee~

jirka642 and mrttao like this.
  20. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    Gilbert be all like, why the fuck is his snake bigger than mine? He's my student!

CodeZero, Agame, hodel.kirk and 3 others like this.