Discussion Watermarks in Manga's.

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Raphael, Sep 22, 2017.

1. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about the Chinese watermark smacked in the middle of the page, you can't really do anything about it. I has tried and failed to look for certain manhua without any watermark but they are all pretty much marked.

2. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    who told aggregate sites to be dicks that would not only leave out posting the credits page or claim to have done it themselves, but also to reframe the pages so side or edge watermarks were cut off?

TamaSaga likes this.
  3. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The watermark in my case is to a Chinese site so I think the site that put the stamp which is the little mark that tells you what site to read on, is different from the watermark so I think the Translators are getting their raws from the Chinese site that put up the watermark and then they added the stamp to tell people where to read, which is their site and not the Chinese site that put up the watermark. Confusing yes?

runsing likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. I meant what I said to the other guy who didn't think it was an aggregator.

5. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read from Batoto and from the actual translator's site for reasons like this. Of course, there are still some jacked up ones, but they are few and far in between the shi**y quality the aggregators like manga pan*a have.

The best place to read is on a computer because as long as you're willing to spend a few minutes, you can find the best version of the chapter. As for mobile, like I said, I read Batoto. If Batoto doesn't have the manga, or webtoon, (speaking of which, I also use Naver's official app "Line Webtoon's" as well) I wait till I get on a computer and go to the Scanlators website.

6. Bofhen

Bofhen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (>_> ok, guys. just a heads up if you will. any site that has like hundreds of different manga is like 99.98% an aggregator. only batoto is excluded as it has permission from the translator. Any other site is an aggregator that is *stealing* content.)

Indead and the manga you read is probably from a time back when there was a real anger from most Translation Groups for manga some water marked there manga so bad it was unreadably Thaw it is under standibul thx for the site stealing there work and not giving credit for it =/

But they mess t up there own manga whit the water marks at least some groups offered the unwater marked manga att ther home pages or IRc channels...

But from my case i usably read from the Groups home page or from batoto to offer some support for the Translation

7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I never use my phone simply ause of the tiny screen and my limited network data cap.

if I am ever near a wifi point, then I have my laptop near me too.

8. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I use a tablet (mobile hotspot) if I'm not on my computer. I used to read on my phone, but that's a different kind of torture. But I do read Epub's on my phone.

9. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
  10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what are you saying.

11. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well no, they're doing it for FREE, and they wish to protect their content, the hours of hard work they have put in into their manga translations, they're doing it because they're angry and DISGUSTED at the people that post their shit elsewhere without permission and those people get more views than they do. Why would I as a leeching reader be disgusted by their water marks? in what sense should YOU get disgusted by it? They have no obligation and they have nothing else to protect their hard work other than water marks, yet people still steal their content without consent, as such they can only use Large watermarks in hopes that people will stop it.

missycin and TamaSaga like this.
  12. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Exxxxxcuseeee me princess (sorry couldn't help myself.) but they aren't using those raws with permission so "protect what's theirs" is kinda out of the question here, more like they don't want other sites to post the shit they jacked. At least that's about what I get from the TL's on that site.

13. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're amazing... *golf clap.*

This is a service that they're giving us so that we don't need to learn moon runes too just to get in on the action. It's not an entitlement. It's a kindness that takes long hours and the ability to get along with other people even if you think they're idiots. Show some respect to the translators.

Sure there's always someone else, but if you look at the NU pickup request section, you'll find that not everyone has the skills or that section would be empty by now. Now add in those who can spend mind-numbing days cleaning up the artwork and laying out text and you're looking at an even smaller pool of fish.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but my respect goes to the author and artists, not the translators in this case. Do not get me wrong I APPRECIATE what they do, but respect? No son they aren't creating anything they are simply using their language skills and time to change the language from one to another and if they clean up the raws then thanks I also APPRECIATE that, but respect must be earned and you don't get it simply because you demand it, maybe others out there respect what they do but don't get it twisted the real heroes here are the people who made the work they are modifying for us. Also it's not a kindness my friend, nothing with you personal but don't paint me as an ungrateful swine simply because I'm critical, I can live without their work, and yes I really appreciate them making it available to me by letting me understand it, but that still doesn't mean they made it and the respect should go to the ones who did. My point is, don't demand on their behalf.

15. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I wouldn't have if you had made a mention of those on the last leg of the trip, the aggregators. Most of the arrogance being discussed in this thread is a defensive measure against the ones earning big bucks off of others hard work.

Yes, this wouldn't be a thing if the buck stopped at the scanlators and the translation industry did not exist. But it does exist. And when you didn't say anything about them, it's easy to assume that you support the idea that aggregators should have unrestricted access to content -- whilst your real opinion is that they're a non-sequitur because they can't exist without the middlemen.

16. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just don't read their shit then, it's not like they spend hours and hours translating and editing etc etc,
    Ikr, why should fan translations even EXIST, it's illegal right? We should all petition for them to stop existing, even though they have no obligation to do it, they can just read their Japanese mangas in Japanese, why do they have to translate It? It's not right to translate it and give it to free for the rest of the world like you and me. If so they shouldn't get credit for something for free that takes up so much of their time. Yep yep
    They should just not scan anything.

17. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    I really know how you feel. They really destroy the pages with it. I think this was the reason I started with collecting/buying the unwatermarked raws. But now I feel disturbed if there are even some tiny, tiny printing mistakes, like darker or too light colors, dots etc. (although these are not really printing mistakes, they normally appear in each book, I think...). Weird... If you solve a problem, then another appears, even if there didn't really exist one in the first place.