Discussion What are your goals?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Casshern080, Jul 27, 2017.

1. I R Manbear

I R Manbear [Bamboo Warrior] [Chill Bear] [Bruh Perpetuator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Laugh at death and fart in the face of the apocalypse.

Also, google all kinds of shizzz in case some random god kills me and sends me to another world.

2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course. Why would i bother to exercise and eat a good diet until i die while missing out on all those delicious oily, sugary, buttery food. That sounds a bit masochistic to me.

3. Ilisle

Ilisle Lord of the Northern Guards

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope.... to become succesful in my life... to win the lottery,

Study direction : IT, architecture, financial management...

OR I got with my parent's wishes to get into the army...

4. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To regain focus and clarity.

5. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I could be considered an expert in accounting due to my professional studies. Although I find myself more knowledgeable in subjects like business studies, economics and psychology. I also have high interest in programming, just not the motivation to see it through.
    My goal? Well right now I am in a very chaotic place and a single wrong step could alter everything. Not like I planned it all like a mastermind, I am more of a rider, riding the wind wherever it takes me. Now it's literally banging me against a wall. No complains though, I just hope the wall breaks before I do.

So yeah goals. Let's see, the main one would be to set up a business and get it to a position where it can function profitably without my active efforts in it. This would let me afford some time as well my own resources to pursue something I really desire.

6. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    you wouldn't get fat if you move a little bit to be healthy, because you won't be happy if you are sick all the time

7. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to be a doctor, but the college fee is frightening af, my parents reaction for that was predictable, so I change my mind and I took accounting as the second choice. Currently I'm in my third semester

8. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I only work so I can laze around.
    Perhaps I will work until 50 and then I want to take an early retirement.
    I hate the idea slaving myself to work.
    Money is nice, but I won't throw myself for money.
    Or rather, I curse money, the problems of my life were mostly caused by it.
    So, I treat money like what it is, a mere slave for my own pleasure.
    "You are just my slave, money, don't even think for one second that you can become my master."

As a real doctor, I will say this:
    If you only want the money:
    DOCTOR NOT WORTH IT. the stress... the expectation... the burden of a life... it will crush you. If not, you will incur hate, whether or not you deserved it.
    If my daughters want to enter medical school. I will remind this to her.

9. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    When i'm old i don't wanna work no more. Eat and travel. Its really easy to get fat when you just eat and laze around. Besides there's always medication for sickness.

10. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    N o t i f y o u w e i g h t o o m u c h . T h e w e i g h t w i l l p r e s s u r e y o u r b o n e s t o o m u c h , a n d o p e r a t i o n s a r e t r o u b l e s o m e

11. Casshern080

Casshern080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To add further information, my workplace given to me by my apprenticeship is horrible and depressing, I spend 1 hour, 30 minutes to 2 hours 1 way to get to work and then get nagged and shit at work, very depressing.

12. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah man, by my estimation, i would probably suffer from hypertension and diabetes plus minor heart disease. Not fat like a blob but normal fat like someone who eats much and lack exercise.

13. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    t h a t w o u l d s u c k f o r y o u : /

14. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    by the time i'm like 60+ years old, i don't really care much. just planning to live a happy life till the end.

15. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    s o u n d s l i k e a p e r f e c t p l a n t o m e , n o w y o u e x a c t l y
    make me think of a grandma who I know, she is like you describe your future to be

16. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    that grandma is one smart cookie. think about it, at that age, i've done all that i could for my kids. i'm free to enjoy life the way i want to enjoy it, since we're dying anyway.

17. dryzzle

dryzzle 『Little One』『Borderless bun』『Epi's poring』Yzra

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently where you are.... i have a something to do... but I don't have anything plan for the next years besides living well and healthy...
    hmm... I guess that would be a goal?

18. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost wish I at least felt confused regarding goals to pursue. If asked about a goal all I have is a blank mind. Nothing comes to mind no matter how much thought I put into it, and I don't feel like it is an issue of being lazy as some may assume. I think if I found a direction to go towards, I would be willing to do so to the best of my ability. However, I think apathy would sum it up at this point. There is a lack of interest in most things, even things I would say were normally enjoyable.

I have some experience in maintenance, instruction and training management. Some experience in IT, emergency management and hazardous materials management. I have mostly just been busy doing what an organization needs me to do. They set the goals, I achieve them, then get promoted. Then budget cuts set in so they cut personnel, about 25% of the people. A lot of people let go were with the organization a while so many of the people to go were those who earned more than others... but they also got rid of a lot of experienced people who knew better what they were doing and how to get it done well. Then that leaves a lot of other people to pick up the slack doing 15 hour days at least 5 days a week. Then people keep getting let go, which included myself after more than a decade of time with the organization. In a way it was a load off my shoulders but afterwards I have felt rather directionless.

All the things I have done are things I kind of fell into, or thought why not give it a try. After spending so much time meeting the goals of someone or something else... I don't know what I want to do for myself. I think the stress of everything has also taken its toll which may have helped contribute to this apathy.

I use to interact with all sorts of people from various places, but I don't have an interest in even answering the door or the phone at this point. It is not like I can't still be civil and speak with others and respond appropriately to a conversation but it just feels like I am just waiting for the conversation to conclude while trying to remain attentive since they are taking the effort to interact with me.

So aside from looking at employment prospects, and possible education routes, I have been passing some time reading translated novels. As someone else mentioned immortality as their goal. Sounds like a good method to secure plenty of time to figure things out however I don’t think such a goal, for me, is likely to be realized.

So, I think that is it for the moment. Good luck to all with any goal related endeavors!

AardwarkThe2nd likes this.
  19. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG !
    Then is it the legendary ...... coincidence?
    Lol

20. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    More like you copying me. Seriously, stop being such a qidian. Hahaha

Night Ghost likes this.