Discussion What do you do when this happens to you?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Scandalf, Jan 11, 2017.

?

this ever happen to you as well?

1. yes

59.7%
  2. no

8.3%
  3. maybe

4.2%
  4. I don't wanna answer to this poll but since this response is here I will just choose this one

6.9%
  5. it happened to my friend...

4.2%
  6. my condolences

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this to happened to me... there are like 30 novels and some of them are even completed but i just cant start reading... i must be cursed!

2. Nyanboro

Nyanboro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm for me.....
    i stop reading it for a month for me to cool down a bit then read it again from the very beginning .....
    just like LMS ...... read it like four or six times already.........

also read panlong - 3 times

over lord vol. 1 to 11 - 5 times

log horizon - 2 times

tensei shiratara slime datta ken wn - 6 times

warlock of the magus world - 4 times.........

and so on and so fort.....

i'm a university student and my schedule have a couple hour gap each so.....
    yeah i get bored a lot ......

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am exactly like that. I have such a hard time picking back up a novel sometimes even if i like it.

4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens to me to most of my backlog series to read.
    But idk how but my motivation will just return for some unknown reason to read them again

5. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    *checks number of tabs that are open that pertain to this*

I probably have five or ten tabs open that are like that. I usually start to read them when I have nothing else to read. ...Which usually never happens as I'll find something else to read by then.

Scandalf likes this.
  6. freakz

freakz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happening to me right now with a zillion novels, I guess I just get bored of knowing how the novel would probably continue, and the only thing that might motivate me to read them is probably wise cracks from the MC, or leveling up as easily as taking a dump..and other OP stuff. Just find other worthwhile novels to read

7. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to read every translated chapter without stacking them so when i finish and i don't have anything to read ......mtl martial god asura for double the cancer
    BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN ! CHOO CHOO
    Rapist Feng is the best Mc

8. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a break and give it another try. Sometimes I read one or two chapters to see if I'll be in the mood to continue reading it. Sometimes I go and ask someone what happend (like a spoiler), if the arc finished or if the was something new/major happening - I use that as a way to 'find' my interest.

9. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I did have this kind of problem. I mean, I opened the first chapter of ISSTH and stared at it forcing myself to read only to fall asleep.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    my advise is~
    leave it be I have huge pile title (also chapters) that I wanna read some on my reading list~ most out of it~ I will read when I wanna read~ I don't want to bother just because of there many thing to read~
    my list my way to read~ 19656.png

12. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I'm having this issue currently with ISSTH and IRAS. Stopped right before important plot developments and lost the motivation to keep reading, even though I like the story. I guess it's like when you get a good book that you know you'll love, but don't feel like taking all that time to slough through it.

But you know, novels are a hobby, right? Read it when you feel like it--you'll enjoy it even more then. For my own situation, I think I was just tired of all the "extra thinking" I do while reading updates: remembering characters from the past, developing plots and subplots still underway, plus the roller coaster of emotions that come with each new chapter/story advancement/etc.

Instead I felt myself drawn more to new or starting series with fewer chapters under their belt. Instead of rebooting from a "mental save file" of that novel, for example, I could start with a clean slate and fill it with mental notes along the way. Anyways, I guess my point is if it's really bothering you, then make yourself read it (or have the browser to speech-to-text and read it out loud). Otherwise, I'd say just let things wait. You won't take much of the story in if your mind's not in it, anyways.

13. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    i save it all for after my graduation,which is in less than 6 months

14. flickering shadow

flickering shadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep this happened to me too.. i got lots of series that i stack up and just couldn't get myself to read it..
    it also happens to some of the series that i forgot which chapter where i left it off.. :(

dunno any solution.. sorry..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.