What is The Lock Icon on The Devil's Cage latest Chapter?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by tytania, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    just ignore me. I'm here to eat cookies. :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain it to me what's the difference now QI using adwall compared to for example WW?

3. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like if qidian starts with payment for those gem things they need to go...

5. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    people bitch about qi and claim ww can do no wrong. that?

6. hajiko

hajiko m(_._)m

Reading List:
    Link
    ah I also just noticed it just now I personally wouldn't mind those add walls but it is annoying if these walls, doesn't do its job and only fail to start (app) and those spirit stones which they added they should at least be use able in the app to and not only on the browser @Qidian correct it

7. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ad wall for bonus chapters. They will still release normal chapters without it. So far only TMW is doing it for the novels I'm reading there. OEM and RITF doesn't seem to have it(so far)
    They also seem to be showing patreon link of translators now on the app(not sure if this is new)

This is not the first time they do this. They did it a while back too for a bunch of bonus chapters on top of regular.

8. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    because those translators are getting paid via patreon while translators on Qidian get paid for each chapter they release(most likely not enough) so the add-wall is there to "help" the translators of their series

9. slay_mithos

slay_mithos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many thanks for the change, and sorry about the extra work for everyone involved, but it really is a welcome addition.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm... I think they're different implementations? WW floods your page with ads to the point it crashes your browser, but you can just ad-block them and browse normally.
    Qidian on the other hand forces you to watch the ad if you want to read the latest chapters, which cannot be solved by using an ad-wall...

I guess that's basically it? One let's you load the content right away and crashes your browser while you read, while the other stops you from reading at first, but allows you to read normally after seeing the ad.

I know which one I consider better, but I don't read anything from both sites anyway, so I don't particularly care. *shrugs*

Don't expect any business decision from Qidian to not be received with drama over here though... People just need a reason to complain these days, and Qidian is their favorite topic atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.