Discussion What is your definition of criticism?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TSLives, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you entirely missed what i wrote i said as an example i wrote out many scenarios from you reviewing because of a friend or any of the other reasons i typed....
    And you my good sir are a pretentious prick, at first i didnt think so but now i do just because of this no brains reply...
    Lol could not even see that i wrote out examples LOOOOOL.

Try proving me wrong :D
    You can't prove your point, I can't prove mine. It's a stalemate.

When you wrote the above i should have already been prepared instead of asking him to prove it 1 sec after his comment you already tell him that neither can prove what they said so its a stalemate.......
    If neither of you could prove in 2 sec after replying your statements then that doesnt mean its a stalemate that just means that you have not tried proving it -.- pretentious prick!

2. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I ever make a story, please be as negative as possible, lol. I probably won't make a story for a while, but I'll probably contact you if I ever do.

3. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks any party where i can be as negative as possible is a welcome gift~
    And any novel that doesnt make me negative is the goddess descending herself to make out with me....
    I love people like you ~ hic if only i could get drunk of the orange juice i am currently drinking.....speaking of getting drunk i should get my vintage wine out of the closest that i have been holding for 666 years....

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    One's common sense is bias. So your process just backs that every opinion is biased :D

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't even personally know me. Well, I don't really mind whatever you wanna call me. Also, I fail to see you clarifying your claims as examples in the previous reply, or maybe I'm unable to understand you given how you construct your sentences poorly. I'm not proving my points, but rather telling you the way how to make an unbiased review.

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I said general common sense. Something that is being accepted by the mass.

7. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: if you do not see them as examples because i do not directly say EXAMPLE then the fact that i wrote out multiple scenarios should have tipped you off "intellectual" pfft.

Your yet again dodging the bullet by ignoring something you said yourself.
    You told me this >>>>> Have I ever posted a review on a novel that I don't care? Look, this is why I don't take this community seriously. They fail to hold an intellectual discussion.<<<<<<<<<

I reacted by saying i GAVE EXAMPLES IN MY COMMENT YOUR COMMENTING ON.
    That is why i call you a pretentious prick ignoring something then claiming i am something because i cannot hold a disscussion yet your the person who says something gets a reply and then fucking ignores it and repeats the same shit in a diffrent reply.
    Please just leave we already know your a pretentious prick trying to act dignified and keep your so called image intact.
    I am not pretending i am a little shit who likes to bash peoples dreams or better said i like to bash little pricks like you.....
    People like you bring the worst out of people like really why are you even commenting when you ignore everything that is being said to you while you yourself are asking for this disscusion to begin with.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    For me eh?!

Find flaws and point them out. Try to improve something. It can help if it's constructive. In other cases it's just plain stupid hating, if arguments are false

9. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    If they are false yes indeed i agree with you 100% but often all the more if people here are familiar with royalroad its not easy to tell people/authors exactly what ticks you off.
    Often its by instinct or by comparison that you dislike something and try to point that out.
    The human average are not smart but they are not retarded either so when they complain about something it just means they didnt use 100% of their attention to write constructive critic.
    So often its hard to point out if their opinions or comments are false or correct.

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sure. Whatever you say. But what's your point? All you able to do is spitting insults? You don't make any point, so how should I reply to you? All you say is "He does this, he's a pretentious prick. I just exposed him, my win."

What's the correlation of my lines with your examples then?

11. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Why bother? Get a life. Don't like then don't care move on imo

12. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    What is my point you ask its simple!
    We started by disscusing something then you told the whole community that we cannot hold a good disscusion because we are obviously retarded.
    Its is you who changed the tone of the disscusion and i am not one to shy away from such people my hat off for you its an art in itself what your trying to do.
    Oh and i almoost forgot your a pretentious prick (hehe now i am just a troll but the above stays tru we were talking about bias then you commented with a biased view on forums and people that comment on them!)

13. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo come on octopus girl we were having fun no need to tel me to get a life that hurts.......
    Nah i got 9 of them no worries my kitty kat hands are doing just fine and if i could get 10 lifes i would like to do that share thine secrets with me.
    As for really replying to your comment yet again i just reacted to your earlier comment by saying knowing if a statement is false is quite hard.
    Knowing if someones opinion is just hate speech is quite hard and royalroad is such a place divide by opinions i am not sure if any of the pople here even like royalroad but i love dem site.

14. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey u're upset, calm down, no ill or hard feelings rly

15. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my comment was quite joking in nature, but upset could be a good word for my current mood i am in a typing frenzy and jesus thats what so fun about forums.

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole "never ever criticise unless you sugar coat it to hell and back" smacks of hugbox mentality. While people should strive to be polite, it doesn't mean that the rude people are always wrong. And sometimes there is really no way to sugarcoat something.

17. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm saying that because that's what happened most of the time on this forum, if you somehow took offense to my statement, I apologize. Also, if you're starting to troll here, better stop.

18. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    Awsome T enjoy your Tea ^^ thats is basically the gist off it all.
    There are people who care enought to sugar coat their punshes (its rather painfull to be hit by a fist caoted in sugar) and there are people who just dont care.
    I shall make my exit Tea reminded me to just chill and look at the shit storm from afar.

mrttao likes this.
  19. postbank

Reading List:
    Link
    When i said trol i was refering to the part when i said i forgot to call you a prick again.....
    I was not offended i am stating a fact that was when the disscusion changed from us exchanging replys about bias but then you were talking about something else enitrely dragging me into it.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do not, they expect things to be plausible and internally consistent. Which they often call "realism" by mistake because they lack the vocabulary to clearly to distinguish things.

For example, if the author established that a vial of demon poop can act as plastic explosive, then later on the demon MC suddenly forgets he has that ability so that plot can happen, then the author failed to make the story internally consistent.

If the author doesn't explain how demons do not spontaneously explode, then he failed plausibility.

Nimroth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.