What really happened during the Gravity Tales migration

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by formergtmember, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formergtmember

formergtmember New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a former Gravity Tales staff member and I have been holding my silence because I didn’t feel the need to air this dirty business. If I was going to do it, I would’ve done it when everybody left a few months ago.

I can’t hold it in anymore, not after all the business with QI and seeing some of the replies that GGP has made on the recent licensing thread.

Most of what I’m going to say is backed up by screenshots but I’m not going to post them. This is for both the privacy of the people who gave them to me and a way to keep my identity a secret.

You can choose to believe me or not. I don’t care. I’m just doing this to get some facts out there. After this post, I’m not going to answer any questions.

Now I’m going to go through that whole week where translators left.

First, Hyorinmaru suddenly deleted all his chapters off Gravity Tales and left. Cue shock from everyone in Gravity Tales. People are curious and wondering what happened. GGP acting like he didn’t know and it was all a surprise to him. He eventually says that anyone who wants to know what happened can DM him. The gist of his explanation is that it was business, Hyorinmaru was doing it for the money, he felt betrayed blah blah blah.

Then CK and Legge left. More panic. Three of the most popular novels on GT had moved away with no explanation. GGP is the one panicking the most. Sends a message to everybody on the internal Gravity discord. He states that he has never stopped anyone from leaving and won’t do it now. Gives everyone an option of whether they want to leave or not. However, those who want to stay will have to sign a binding contract and NDA. It is to stop anything like this from happening again. In addition, people only have two days to decide if they want to stay or not because GGP is going to send out the contracts after that.

Lots of people get nervous about the idea as well as the short time limit. They start talking to each other and other members of the community to see what they should do. In the process, worrying things emerge. Translators hear that they should check the contract carefully when they do receive it, because there are rumours it is going to include things like rights over the translations not belonging to them anymore. After all, how else does the contract stop a situation like Hyorinmaru’s and CK’s from happening again?

More things emerge about the truth behind Hyorinmaru’s sudden move. Hyorinmaru had been talking to Ren and GGP about moving for a while. Talks weren’t going well because GGP didn’t want to lose MW, understandably. Finally, GGP threatens Hyorinmaru with legal action if he leaves, making Hyorinmaru furious. He decides to instantly delete his chapters and move them.

Other things heard include:

· GGP colluding with owner of Xianxiaworld by giving away Wuxiaworld’s backend data to the owner, in hopes of getting authorization from Qidian for Gravity.

· GGP willing to sell Gravity and its contents to Ren for $900k or a 30% stake in Wuxiaworld.

· Rumours of GGP selling Gravity to Qidian.

People feel lied to, feel like GGP has changed, feel betrayed by GGP, don’t trust GGP anymore, don’t feel confident staying at GT, etc. More people leave and GGP realizes he made a mistake with the contracts. Says they aren’t going to be implemented in the near future. But it is too late as most people have decided to leave already.

The long paragraphs end here.

As I said above, I’m not going to answer any questions. GGP can refute some of this the way he tried to on discord. Just the fact that he threatened Hyorinmaru, something I have definite proof about, is enough for me to believe that GGP’s actions aren’t ‘for the translators.’

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more drama.

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh not again:blobexpressionless::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

compass96 and spitfireYG Ace like this.
  5. NightinWolf

NightinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with all due respect, FCUK. french connection united kingdom, if you don't know what it means.

stop trying to say anything against GGP as the guy didn't even say anything when all those translators were poached by WW. now, he is having success and much better than WW and all these pricks are here to throw dirt at him! FCUK you all!

marvince, Screed and ThunderGod like this.
  6. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh, hahaha.

Mm..I just wanna say something. Idk if the OP is telling the truth but I find this to be a perfect moment to tell of some people-slash-idiots who are still branding every translators who moved from GT as " money grubbers "

Watch the word ' every ' people.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that moving from GT to Volare at that time wouldn't be for the $$$, perhaps only idiots are still thinking that it was about the money. I can understand if people claim that those who moved to ww may have money as a reason and I won't shut down anyone who says so because idk if it's the truth or not. But volare? Really?

When the GT stuff happened volare isn't even considered a ' big ' site yet, heck, a lot of people are asking what's volare? And the most popular read at that time is RTW, also the one with the fastest release speed, which, when compared to WW and GT novels, volare who only has 1-3( I forgot ) novel at 7-14 chapters / week release rate. Making it seem much more lackluster, of course volare now is a much bigger, succesful site all thanks to the hardwork of etvo and the people behind it.

Now, you can probably remember that the one who moved to volare isn't only 1-2 people, if that's so what happened if it wasn't for the money? I'll leave it for you to imagine. And those who are saying stuff like " chain reaction " or something please don't make me look down at you.

And for the TLers who moved to WW it doesn't mean they are in it for the money, perhaps something happened in GT and WW is their first choice?

All in all, this post is meant to those who are still saying those stupid stuff, wake up.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  7. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... shit.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    btw how Op know I'm having slightly delayed lunch?
    vanilla huh.png

9. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Staph, we have enough drama already

anzuda, Sh1r0r3n and qwertzuiop like this.
  10. CheeseBread

CheeseBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    900k is a lot of money. I can spend it until i day of old age without working.

sleep with no worries and Tebix like this.
  11. Neruz

Neruz sssSSSssss

Reading List:
    Link
    Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Benitora, Papi, eriv93 and 3 others like this.
  12. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    And you don't talk nonsense you can go # yourself ^^

Pizz0011 and StuffedDuck like this.
  14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    that smelly smell.

15. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
  16. devilmaycry1

devilmaycry1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn more twists and turns than a soap opera

17. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xD. Screenshots or its hearsay. Hold on though if you do provide evidence and stroke the drama I need sometime to get some popcorn. :blobpopcorn:

18. niiiice

niiiice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeaaaah boiiiii

eriv93 likes this.
  19. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that you state you will not answer question, but maybe you can clarify the part on "other thing heard". Does this mean thing you(or somebody else) hear or thing that in discussion, or gossip that spread while the "panic" period? @formergtmember

20. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, i just hope justice will prevail... ganbatte...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.