What to do when a novel has been deleted?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by mrttao, Feb 12, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify. When I asked what to do I didn't mean "how can I read it now".

I meant "does NU page for this series need to be edited in a specific way to indicate it has been deleted, and if so can I do it myself or do I need to report it. and if I need to report it then where is the appropriate location to do so"

2. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much this, though the community is pretty big, most of us follow a ton of ongoing series and having to shell out for each and every one of them, or even paying a large monthly subscription fee, would be extremely painful. It really only flourished due to the freedom that people had, they could just go to any website without having to sign up or fill in any forms and just read. Granted, it's a translation of a work that some people may have paid for in its original language, but this kind of piracy is what popularizes it in the first place in the West.

I really hope WW and other major hubs don't ruin the translation scene for everyone else for a bit of money, e-fame, and ease in obtaining novels. Then again I guess we can only wait see what happens with the partnership. It'd really suck if it was locked behind a paywall though. Seeing people lock latest (complete) chapters behind timed paywalls really makes me sad.

Tebix likes this.
  3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is not even piracy if it is not even being sold in your country

4. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure. I've noticed over time that several series in my lists have changed to read SERIES DELETED and to be honest, I wish they wouldn't. It's one thing to delete the chapters as for whatever reason they are now unavailable(licensed, DMCA'd, translator site shut down..etc) but at least leave the novel page with the synopsis and prior ratings and reviews so that those of us who are interested can keep an eye out for novels we haven't read.

I understand that sometimes a translator stops or something happens, but I would still like to know what series it was that I was interested in, rather than just seeing it say Series Deleted, or at least put that in parentheses or brackets after the book title. What if I were making an effort to learn a foreign language so that I can now read a set of novels, and thanks to this action, I have no clue what they were anymore.

mrttao and Wujigege like this.
  5. AnonyMouse0007

AnonyMouse0007 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about, "tagging, links and statistics", but you could post a pick up novel request in the appropriate forum on NU. It will be on hold for 90 days before anyone can pick it up, but at least it will be done.

6. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    What you do is complain about other sites stealing and storing novels to their site without the translator's permission.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't quite follow you