Game Sign Up When The Occult Club Plays With Summoning Magic [Mafia Interest Thread]

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by yuzuki, May 8, 2016.

1. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a Murder at NUF Regional High School!
    (Mafia Game 2)
    Synopsis:
    Welcome to NUF Regional Senior High School. Things have been going well since the last time we had our outbreak of yanderes, and thanks to the failed efforts of Class 2-A, that incident has been resolved (sort of). However, as all of you know, NUF is never at peace for long since we have crazies everywhere.

There’s a new rumor that’s been circulating.

The mysterious Occult Club has summoned a cursed evil sword from another dimension. It is filled with the demonic energy of “The Slasher”, which randomly possesses and controls innocent students. The past few days, “The Slasher” has been rampaging around the school in broad daylight, slaughtering exactly one student every day.

My name is Info-chan (@matcha) and I am an underling of the student council president @Shio. These recent events have concerned us deeply, and as usual, the police/teachers are absolutely useless. We took matters into our own hands and last week we actually appended “The Slasher” and… eliminated him (don’t ask how… we have our methods).

You might think this would have solved everything, but we were surprised to find out that a new Slasher appeared the very next day. Apparently the cursed sword will find a new host whenever the previous one is eliminated.

We did some research of our own, and it seems the Slasher only picks hosts from ordinary students of class 1-C. Occult Club members are apparently immune because they hold an unforgivable-thou-shalt-not-break-or-else-you-will-grow-ugly-warts-everywhere summoning contract with the demon. Furthermore, the only way to exorcise the Slasher once and for all is either to eliminate all the members of the Occult Club (to annul the summoning contract) or to eliminate all potential hosts of The Slasher.

The student council is only concerned about exorcising the Slasher, so honestly I do not care which approach we take. To be fair though, I figured we’d let y’all fight it out in the democratic way, so good luck everyone?

The Factions:
    The Slasher
    The Slasher is an evil spirit possessing a student of Class 1-C. The goal of the Slasher is to kill everyone and literally be the last one standing (freedom!). The Slasher does not know the identity of the Occult Club Members.

If the present host of the Slasher dies somehow (and the summoning contract still exists), a new host will be randomly selected from one of the living Regular Students. This new student is the new Slasher.

The Slasher has two abilities:
    • Every day, at any point in the day, the Slasher may kill someone. This action will not reveal the identity of the Slasher.
    • Every night, the Slasher is forced give a cursed knife to anyone of their choice. The recipient of the knife must use it to stab someone the next day. If the recipient fails to stab someone before the end of the day, s/he will commit suicide.
      • The knife recipient can only stab the Slasher after the Slasher has made a day-kill. Otherwise the attack will fail and backfire.
      • The Slasher cannot day-kill the person whom they give the knife to.
    The Occult Club
    The Occult Club is a secretive group of students who know each other’s identities. While they originally summoned “The Slasher” with a contract, the truth is they lost control of the demon soon afterwards.

The goal of the Occult Club is to survive until the end. The only way to accomplish this is to:
    1. Eliminate all possible hosts of the Slasher.
    2. Eliminate the final Slasher once there are no more Regular Students.
    Class 1-A (Regular Students)
    The regular students are all potential hosts of “The Slasher”. While they do not know the identities of the Occult Club (or each other), they have a hodgepodge of talented students with assorted skills.

The goal of the Regular Students is to survive until the end. The only way to accomplish this is to:
    1. Eliminate all members of the Occult Club
    2. Destroy the summoning contract (automatically happens when the entire Occult Club is eliminated)
    3. Eliminate the final Slasher once there are no more Occult Club Members
    All Students:
    Every day, the entire class may vote on one student to eliminate. I, Info-chan will collect the vote at the end of the day and pass this information to the Student Council. President @Shio will arrange to have this student… “eliminated” overnight… with special methods.

tldr; don’t mess with the Student Council, kay?

This entire setup is essentially reverse-mafia. xD

Administrative Things:
    If you don't know what's going on (how to play, etc.), I recommend checking out the previous game thread.

First, joining the game is first-come first-serve. I don't have a player cap at the moment, but I cannot guarantee that everyone who responds will gain a spot. I'd like to
    accommodate everyone who is interested, but we just have to see. If you didn't get in, there's a waitlist available too.

T
    he exact quantity and kind of special ability roles has not been determined yet. These will be determined when I have a more finalized list of players so I can fine-tune balance.

Prospective players should be aware of one major thing: You should not join this game if you cannot guarantee that you will be available to check the game thread DAILY for the next ~two weeks. I am extremely strict about activity. If you think you may be slow or inactive, I'd like to save these spots for players who can check and respond multiple times a day.

Additionally, I am recruiting a co-moderator to run this game along with me! It's not a very difficult job, so if you're interested, you should let me know. In fact, I am not starting this game until I find a co-moderator, so if you're even slightly interested, you should volunteer. ;D

Anyhow! Hope to see you playing!

Current Players:
    1. @DCLXVI
    2. @DRECK
    3. @erichninja
    4. @NZPIEFACE
    5. @oddfreak
    6. @A5G_Reaper
    7. @wraith
    8. @BattleNoob
    9. @anhrefn
    10. @iampsyx
    11. @tinnydevil
    12. @shamu
    13. @lichdeath
    14. @Rotte
    15. @Arcturus
    16. @Anonymous012456
    17. @Mister Scarecrow
    18. @Dreizehn
    Current Wait list:
    1. Wait list is not open yet

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. DCLXVI

DCLXVI [not vi's]

Reading List:
    Link
    me, I'm in

yuzuki likes this.
  3. DRECK

DRECK 【3rd Disciple Dark Angel】【True Dragon God】

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to play

yuzuki likes this.
  4. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rotte @lichdeath You posted in the interest thread of the last game, but I wanted to confirm here too.

5. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    Count me In

yuzuki likes this.
  6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in.

Is that all you need to say to join?

yuzuki likes this.
  7. oddfreak

oddfreak NUF #1 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Been bored lately so sign me up

yuzuki likes this.
  8. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Me! Me! Pick me!

yuzuki likes this.
  10. Little Dragon

Little Dragon I does what I likes and I likes what I do

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just gonna watch this time

11. wraith

wraith -----------------

Reading List:
    Link
    Sign me up. I wanna play too.

yuzuki likes this.
  12. BattleNoob

BattleNoob Founder of the NooB Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    In if I can

yuzuki likes this.
  13. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    This feel like Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria volume 3,4 huh?

NekoMK2 likes this.
  14. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Should I play, or co-host this time...? Hmm....

15. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in!!!!

yuzuki likes this.
  16. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
  17. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh. I'll co-host next time. Sign me up for the game @matcha-sensei Err, I mean Info- @matcha n.

yuzuki likes this.
  18. iampsyx

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm crossing my fingers for an Occult Club Member role. I'm into shady rituals these days...fufufufufu~

19. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to be the host of the Slasher :3

*crossing my finger*

20. tinnydevil

tinnydevil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme join

yuzuki likes this.