Discussion Who is THE smartest MC of them all?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by UnGrave, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm under the assumption that most of the people on NUF prefer CN or KN, either that or they're just more vocal about their opinions...

2. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    "remember, justice not vengance"

3. NevaGonnaCatchMe

NevaGonnaCatchMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt say he's smart in the way the poster of this thread is asking for.

5. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Better yet, find out why the Joker hasn't been sentence to death in a court of law or how he keeps escaping jail.

ElderMaOu and wtfkjp like this.
  6. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    True I guess, and thinking about it 80% of JP protags are idiots.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  7. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    As a smart person, he should be able to calculate on what will happen if he left the joker alone in that criminal paradise of a prison and the damage he will cause everytime he gets out of it. People are dying left and right because of his morality.. innocent people with ordinary lives at that. He doesnt even take precaution at all..

8. Fifi6969

Fifi6969 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His background is just a massive plot armor that can be use in any kind of situation. No matter what shit his in, there always a treasure, skill, knowledge, person or anything from the past that author just pull out from his ass to help him.

9. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess that the JP MC's rarely need to be smart, as they are mostly highschoolers. In my opinion I'd have to say Satou from death March fits my ideal of what a smart person is (not just because of his int stat).

Sky liger and Atl92 like this.
  10. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MCs can only be up to as smart as the people who write them.

UnGrave likes this.
  11. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY!
    maybe because the law says, the criminal insane are not to be held in presinct jail but instead in asylum (also posibility of unfair play of the corrupt mayor)?
    but seriously, joker should be on deathrow.

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    He is pretty smart considering he has pretty much manipulated everyone. But since he has so little screen time it is kind of hard to say in which category he belongs in.

But in general I think Dantaleon from DD is the only one(or one of the very few) which has demonstrated real smarts and logical philosophical thinking. Most other characters are just made to look smart via taking convenient actions that even someone of average intelligence would be able to pull off if they set aside their pride.

Yeah okay, pretty sure breaking his arms and legs would be justice. Cause you know he gets a life sentence every single time he escapes which is like every weekend.

To be clear, you aren't breaking his arms and legs out of spite, it is to prevent him from causing harm to anyone else.

If prison can take away your freedom as a form of justice (to insure you don't harm others while repenting), then why not take away his mobility (to insure you don't harm others while repenting).

Slayerwolfx2 and Atl92 like this.
  13. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hidden runs into child carrying ice cream, and unlike most lord magus, acts all nice and kind for the child's mistake.
    All the while he guessed he was being observed as a candidate for a certain magus guild.

Tricked a demi-god into invading a world, got him to fight his own enemy(another demi-god who cursed him), while also acting as a follower of another demi-god he tricked, and then used another plan to steal power from both of them at the end of it. All while slowly wasting away and bowing his head to some shitty noble(and carefully distancing himself from the women the shitty noble likes) just so he can have a place to live and having 0 care for his pride at the time.

plenty more plots, he gets smarter plots the stronger he get's, quite strange given the usual for xuanhuan.

14. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    Think of this, you started a regiment of diet,
    you don't want to eat unhealthy and consume unnecessary lot of amount of food, but you always wanted to eat something delicious that will break your diet.

It's like that, batman always wants to kill joker, but unlike the diet when you've failed,you can do it again from the start, no biggie. but in that place, a broken manchild who's parent were murdered by a killer holding a gun (two key points of his trauma, death and gun) started killing people, what would happen?

the self diciplined batman, the strong willed batman who canonically should be "perished"(look the the part where batman was cloned with a copy of his memory, the cloned killed himself due to the massive depression and pain) or "snapped" insane, but because of his will and policy, he never became a "vilain"
    (see owlman, the alternate earth batman, who kills, he was on the point now that he planed to destroy all alternate earth and leave nothing, just to share his pain, only batman was able to defeat him)

you know justice league is fucked up when batman went full nuts on them.
    nobody could save the world

15. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    So hes not killing a dangerous killing machine psycho who keeps on killing to keep his own sanity in check and to not break himself..?

wtfkjp likes this.
  16. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    True, id like to see him do that too,

but did you know, driving a man to suicide is no different to murder?

never seen in any batman movie,comics or animation him beating someone up to a state of vegetables(if there was a case, i might have missed it), i vaguely remember him stopping someone beating someone to death tho,
    maybe the permanently making a man a potato couch is an another extension of his no kill policy

17. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he knows himself he's much more dangerous than the villains he knows..
    i mean there's this contigiency plan (i hope i spelled that correct) that if he ever got hypnotized to be bad/evil, or his memories removed, he planted a back up batman personality by hypnotizing himself, named "batman of zur en arrh" so he wont stop becoming the batman

18. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you break all his bones and prevent him from biting off his tongue, he can't commit suicide right?

And pretty sure batman is known for beating people up until they tell him what he wants. While he doesn't cripple them, excessive beatings have always been his thing.

19. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    heeyyy not true!, he never excessive beat people, once the man get unconscious he let them be, he may break one or two ribs or crack some skulls, but never to the point to make them a man who can no longer walk normal in the society, (in short a vegetable).

besides, his interrogation method is hanging them upside down from the roof of a high tower building.
    never excessive, you might realized he doesnt have lethal weapon (battarangs are sharp tho, but it never stabbed people upon throw)

20. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    He most definitely excessively beats people. If I remember, superman once stopped him from doing that. Of course he doesn't hit unconscious people nor does he put them in vegetative state. But he is known for quite a few beatings for extracting info.

Also he in theory could use the batrope to kill someone. (it is sharp and outputs enough force to do so)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.