Discussion Who is THE smartest MC of them all?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by UnGrave, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhang Xuan from library of heavens path

Hiji likes this.
  2. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    however, that's not excessive enough to put a man in perma coma or disabled for life, thats still on a level that its okay to beat them up xD maybe he does that to scare them to never do it again also extract info.(coma or vegetable state,that was the "excessive" im referring to that was extendion to his policy)

also yeah, the rope has that taser feature, and it can use to strangle someone, but not sharp tho, never seen it cutting something or someone when they pass on it. but even so, the taser rope is not a lethal weapon

3. raiha88

raiha88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree, even I am not intelligence.

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Batman likes efficiency, he doesn't do it because it isn't efficient or useful. But if he thought about it, breaking their bones is the most efficient method. He just doesn't do it due to villain plot armor.

I'm not talking about the taser rope, I mean the grapling hook. It has a sharp edge and has enough power to go all the way up a skyscraper. It is not too much inferior to a gun with a rope.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  5. raiha88

Reading List:
    Link
    Li Qiye is omniscient for me. Leylin is both cunning and smart IMO.
    For me Dantalian is the smartest MC in novels.

6. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes i was also reffering to that grappling, hook, the rope is taser featured. true tho it's possible to peirce people with it, but he never does, just like his battarang, never used for stabbing villain, and no its not villain plot armor, he just doesnt do it out of his own will. refer to this post

breakin bone without reason is far from being efficient, putting man in pain and giving them fear is efficient, but there are times when he could not do anything else but break some bones to neutralize an enemy,(it happens),
    but he never does it "intentionally" for no good reason.(maybe fingers sure)

7. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't without reason. It is same reason why you put someone in jail. To prevent them from harming others and making them repent.

Since jail isn't working after the 50th time, a more efficient method is needed. And he wouldn't be killing them either. He can even give them a drug so they don't feel the pain if he is worried.

8. raiha88

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree, idiot-wishy-washy-coward-harem-minded MCs are common in JP. But there are some that are good MCs like Souma in Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki, Momonga in Overlord, Yakagi Suimei in Isekai Mahou ha Okureteru and others.

Sky liger, Seraphic and Atl92 like this.
  9. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    that's practically execution, so no, not a batman thing to do.
    like i said, hes not too excessive to the point that "make a man no longer walk like normal in society, in a perma coma, in a vegetable state, a disabled veteran , a brain dead patient, etc."

also he use "pain" and fear. he arent worried about his enemies feeling pain? sorry didnt get what you trying to say there earlier

if it's to point the finger who is the most incompetent. it's the GCPD(gotham city police dept) or the corrupt mayor who kept making villains thrown in asylum instead of jail, or president of 'murica that never upheld the death penalty in their judicial system.

10. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Making them disabled is not the same as killing them. Plus batman could have made his own prison too. (there are private prisons even in today's world)

Plus if the death penalty did exist then it would mean that batman can't give them in because that would be indirectly killing them (by your logic)

11. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    man, its really tough to explain to you, i did explain a lot of time, many time repeatedly,
    that exessive beating to the point of disable, making people no longer walk normaly on a society.. blah blah coma blah vegetable is an "extension" of his no kill policy, he never does it.

what difference is there being dead with vegetable? vegetable can no longer move, talk nor anything at all,...wait that sounded like a dead man, except there were no corpse
    what difference is there being a brain dead with being dead? living body, but nothing moves it, just a vessel, but the man inside is dead. sounds like dead to me.
    what difference is a man , disabled or a man who was stolen of choice of becoming a normal man to be a part of society(and never be able to),
    a nothing.... sounds like a dead person to me.

he never does that too exessive because morals,... and gotta reminds you, ethics and moral are two different things, he is rough, he keeps himselt apart from others, he is ruthless and beats people up, but he is still a man of moral.

this things you suggest are loophole you can do to "technically" avoid the batman policy,
    but batman is not looking for a loophole, he didnt make it so he can restrain himself, he made it so he wont do it.
    jut like diet, you made it to get healthy and thinner, if you just cheat, then your diet regimen is just pure bullshit

and no, batman did not deliver a criminal to get killed, he deliver a man to a jail, to the hands of the authority.

and on authorithies' decision
    the man was sentenced to a year time of jail time? good,
    the man was sentenced to death? great
    the man was sentenced to be freed because he is now a change man? glad batman didnt kill that guy.

also batman does have rehab cells, he does use it, but transfer who ever held on tho those, to police because,
    well it's illegal to put a man on personal jail lol.
    human rights, batman respects it.
    maybe tons of reasons

12. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say I'm stupid... but it's hard to tell what's fact and what's fiction

13. darrell0887

darrell0887 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sora of NO GAME NO LIFE

Sky liger, ElderMaOu and Hiji like this.
  14. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Because what you explained makes no sense. It is like keeping dogs that maul people to death and just catching them and letting them maul people over and over but refusing to go the extra step to prevent them from doing so because letting them maul innocent people is okay and not killing people, but preventing them the freedom to maul people is killing.

Remember you said the whole thing about driving someone to suicide is killing them? That means you acknowledge indirect responsibility, why make an exception in this case?

You can let them keep one arm, happy? Then they can pick their nose with it or do whatever.

Just an fyi, these people can never be normal people ever! I'm not even talking about their psychology! I'm talking about the 1000 life sentences they have. Aka, their fate is being stuck in maximum security prison without even leaving their cells for their entire life. How is that any different than vegetative state? Only difference is they can escape and kill people, that is about it.

You are forgetting the end result, if you can find cake that is fat free, then why not? You aren't cheating on your diet because the purpose of your diet is to lose weight, not to force yourself not to eat cake.

Private jails are a legal thing. If he has the permission from the government (Which he can easily get), he can build a jail of his own and keep the prisoners there. There are plenty of 100% private jails where government pays private companies to hold prisoners.

End of the day I'll say this, Batman is one of these 3:

1) An idiot
    2) Unable to do anything due to villain plot armor
    3) Gets a thrill for playing the game of hero, hence letting them go to play again

I mean listen, he doesn't even have his own surveillance net of the prison. So every time a criminal escapes he is the last one who finds out!

Khatulistiwa and Asf like this.
  15. takehisa

takehisa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddammit stop talking about batman and his lame ass excuse

UnGrave and IRandomGuy like this.
  16. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    The author~
    The author was the one who allowed all these MCs to be born~

Hence they're the best MC out there~

17. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not okay, thats why batman captures them. but preventing them freedom is no different than what they are doing, which is why batman arent it doing lol.

Then going on your implication on my phrase as indirect resposibility for the death logic,
    you are then trying to refer policemen and lawyers and the judge who wrote their signature to appoint a man to death bed are all murderers? do all of them too deserved to be convicted of death row? how about the law abidingcitizen who was driving a car normally, then a guy jumped into their car's path and die (suicide), is as well murderer?

what you are doing now is plain sophistry of my real implication,
    intentionally driving people to kill himself is "murder"
    it's even in the law. if you're a lawyer student, i bet youd get instant reject in bar exam.
    dont put strange twisted ideology on it. please sheesh.

why would batman cut of a man's arm?for what reason? because he can? like i said, excessive execution. and batman is no judge nor executor.
    now here is the difference of being vegtable and in a life imprisonment
    there's a community/society and people inside the prison, unlike in coma induced man, or a man who could not interact with anyone who are stuck inside their head, and alone in that darkness
    inside the prison you can 'live"
    being vegetable or brain dead you cant, rather impossible.

you do know sugar makes people fat not "fats"?
    besides you are doing diet regime to be healthy and thinner, expecting the result which you want

like this "1+1 =2"
    not "1+1.5 =is practically still 2"

No, private prisons that are sanction by governments are still in government control. (they can shut it down if they will it, change it's rule if they will it, in short government control).
    in the end it's the government who manage while the owner of the prison was something like lending their entire property and personell to the authorities.
    batman cant do that cant he? if he does that why not change profession from night vigilante to prison warden,.. oh right because he's needed OUT there.

he doesnt, he doesnt go above law, those are perfect violation of personal privacy, human rights and stuff,
    he had a good coordination with the police, he'll know if someone broke out, either by oracle or gcpd bat light or call from comm. gordon

and he's one man. he cant put focus on 15 metahuman evil in cage while chasing hundreds or thousand thugs doing criminal act all around gotham, cant blame the police, they would be even have a hard time with those too.

and remember gotham is a criminal den, expect thousands of them criminals and hundreds metahuman/supergenius/non human enemy

18. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we're talking about smart, not omniscient...
    Smart for me is someone who without all the details, manages to find the correct result, and not someone who is a walking wiki (the definition of fake smart).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Sky liger likes this.
  19. ElderMaOu

ElderMaOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Random harem japanese "dumb " mc is the smartest, he touches oppai and sees girls bathing and lives to tell the tale but thats not all he gets the girl in the end by playing "dumb" and pretending he doesn't know the girls love him

If we were as smart as them we would have had harems of our own

UnGrave likes this.
  20. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue with smart characters is that it's just about impossible for an author to write someone who is smarter than he himself is. It's possible to write characters who know more or who have skills and abilities that the author doesn't have, but that doesn't work for coming up with plans and things like that. The best that an author can do is to steal, and that only goes so far.

For example, I'm reading "the Grandmaster Strategist" right now, and the protagonist wrote an amazing poem for his Imperial Examination. The writer, Follow the Crowd, probably wasn't some sort of poetry prodigy so instead of writing her own poem, she stole one of Su Shi's most famous poems. There's nothing wrong with that (other than not attributing the original), but I did prefer the way Yue Guan did it in his book (he even stole the same poem!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.