Discussion Who is THE smartest MC of them all?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by UnGrave, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the only possible answer, the invisible dragon is far too smart for the human mind to truly comprehend him, so, while the author may look like a 10 years old child, and the invisible dragon might look like a completely dumb character, he is in truth the smartest of them all. *nod nod nod*

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yuuji from baka to test
    Demon queen from mao.. hero be mine~
    log horizon mc~
    shoot forget most titles~

3. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, JP novel protagonists seem to tend towards infuriating stupidity or unbearable chuuni. Souma of Gen....Genjitsutsu....whatever is the only one I can think of that fits. I'm not highly familiar with Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru, but I would say Momonga is strategic in battle but mostly just lucky when it comes to everything else. He displays a modicum of caution and common sense, but isn't necessarily the most adept schemer or innovator, as he himself states many times.

raiha88 likes this.
  4. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roland from The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich. He's one of the few characters I've read who actually Feel like a centuries-old monster in the way he thinks. He's not some fake-smart whose accomplishments are based on regurgitating modern knowledge like an encyclopedia. In fact it was the first thing he tried and it didn't work at all because the fantasy world is quite advanced and had other alternatives.

What Roland accomplishes instead is control the flow of history through setting up judicial, technological, religious and commercial structures, in a way that these structures can evolve on their own without his input, which means that they may fail or not evolve in the direction he anticipated, but also that they are much more solid than something he has to guide 24/7. These aren't bullshit easy structures that he sets up in 1 week on his own: Roland finds and mobilize large numbers of people to pull this off, and the results either took decades or will take decades to bear fruit, but Roland plans that far ahead. For example, he is able to see how the effects of a new branch of (magic) technology will lead to fundamental societal changes in the long run, and guides things accordingly. He juggles several of these things while navigating a complex interracial war terrain.

5. rapture_edge

rapture_edge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the novels i read, Leylin from WMW. Cunning to an extreme. Although he has the AI chip that helps him in calculation and stuff he plans his steps waayyyy ahead. Even as a reader I don't get what he's planning or how he aims to defeat Magi's/gods stronger than him until he does. And quite easily at that.

Another honorable mention IMO, for battle instincts and cunning, would be Mu Chen of TGR. Unlike the other MC's written by the same author, (Lin Dong and Xiao yan) he's a true genius in that he doesn't have a "mentor" like Yao Lao and the Celestial Marten.
    Most "fake smart" MC's either have a grand master to help them, a heavenly item that helps them become a genius (like in TMW and MW), or is a reincarnation with all the convenient memories/experiences. (TDG, SOTR,TTNH, ED)

And then there's Chu Feng. the pinnacle of genius MC. He is totally NOT predictable! there are absolutely definitely most assuredly NO plot armors provided author to make this MC look smart!
    I mean if you remember when he was forced to fight while donning a fake identity, he ingeniously uses, thats right... Feng Chu! That's unearthly genius right there! How did Chu Feng come up with Feng Chu? No body knows! And as expected no one found out that he was Chu Feng! No plot armors used there! just utter brilliance!

ElderMaOu likes this.
  6. Emy.

Emy. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc from ED , he lived for a really ass long time , knows lots of secrets and knows lots of forbidden , restricted or other things . Also he's a good stomping mc

7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang Chen is smart~ he's got his knowledge from his past life

8. Zeraphin

Zeraphin Local Aphrodisiac Dealer

Reading List:
    Link
    All Hail Li Qi Ye:aww::aww::aww::aww::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

9. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Best evil MC - Leylin Farlier WMW
    Best anti hero - Chu Feng (going to get a lot of hate for this but, he did some really bad things when he was "immature" *cough cough* getting his character developed through constant life changing obstacles *cough cough*
    Good Heros - Qin Yu of Stellar Transformations and Linley Baruch of Coiling Dragon along with Tang San of Doulou Dalu and Ji Ning of Desolate Era.

Most Ambiguous Hero Li Qiye of Emperor's Domination.. The Dark Crow can be considered evil to some (or a lot of people for all of the bloodshed he does) an anti hero because he does a lot of good things but slaughters people for the sake of good.
    Good hero because he actually does good clearly defines right and wrong (with his own morality) and guides people who want his guidance and they are usually good characters as well.

He is ambiguous because of these reasons.

Those are my picks for Chinese Novels.

10. Sky liger

Sky liger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if im wrong
    I think i agree with this point of view
    The only novel that i can think of is the mc from My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending, Kazuki(Harold).
    Because in the story, mc is transported into a game and he became a villain where in the end he'll died. Mc knows how its end because he already play the game many times and he as a villain tried to avoid death by trying follow the story line but changed some even that can lead to his death.
    But along the way, there are some that he notice and some he don't, he realized that when he changed just one event, everything went wrong and some of the event that should happen in the future occurs earlier and some event is not even included in the game he used to play. In other words, he just changed some of the fate of the world and he don't know where it will go but still tried and successfully avoid his death.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.