Why does this tag exist?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by I Eat Monsanto, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Oraboras

Oraboras Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rape:
    Unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus,or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other bodypart, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

So, when you let it be rapped, it's still rape?
    Because, if a beautiful girl "rapes" you, a man anyway will 'like'. So, is not rape.

Why do is so hard to understand that womens and mens aren't so different?

Arcares likes this.
  2. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they didn't have this tag, people would read a story like that and get triggered. Then they'd protest saying "why didn't you give a trigger warning!"

runsing, Pretender and mem like this.
  3. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stockholm syndrome, yo

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  4. mem

mem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latter is really common, like emily in great demon king or whats-her-face in martial god asura

5. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's a shitty trope honestly, because the way it's done is just superficial.

6. mem

mem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Compared to most other tropes, i'd say it's a pretty good one

Shield Loyalist and runsing like this.
  7. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very situationally, one time that I encountered it, it was due to benefits in cultivating (Chaotic Lightening Cultivation). Another the MC did not do so willingly, and afterwards they still had to interact leading to mutual love (Heavenly Jewel Change). If you are talking realistically it is probably pretty unrealistic.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  8. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you high or something? Life isn't a poorly written smut novel, no matter how beautiful the person is rape is rape.

Raobihr likes this.
  9. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    its for extreme fetish.
    after all some people would start finding novels with that tag, because after their fetish has become at a high level where they can't level more without searching with that tag.

10. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's boring and expected though. If you see rape in a Chinese novel then what comes after is obvious, and it's pretty common in the more explicit ones.

mem likes this.
  11. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    Because adult relationships aren't black and white, and just because feminists and their low quality male enablers spam all those stupid posters on the walls and stuff, not everything can be reduced to yes and no, right and wrong, at least in mature relationships.

Of course, I repeat mature relationships though.

-- Like the poster below says though, it's a warning for kids basically. Might as well replace it with age 21+ only or for mature audiences or somethiing.

runsing likes this.
  12. Goatse

Goatse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That tag exists because a certain group of special snowflakes believe that rape is worse than death and any form or rape in novels should be accompanied by trigger warnings before, during, and after the chapter in which it occurs. Also cue in massive "this novel is shit", "I'm dropping this novel", "I can't believe this is actually happening, author is dumb", etc posts in the comments and in the LCD thread, as well as new rant threads.

If I really wanted to I could probably sum up the majority of chinese novels in less than 100 tags, as well as ruining any plot twists or advancements and put them all under tags, but I don't because that's just silly.

Shield Loyalist and runsing like this.
  13. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not much different from the stockholm syndrome or the people that fall in love with crimanials. They are bad people but if you get to know them it's possible to become friends or fall in love with then. Even if it isn't healthy, it is possible

14. Arcares

Arcares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what he was getting at is the fact that there's a huge chance of the guy to be willing in a situation where a beautiful woman would take the chance to "rape" him. Honestly, I feel the strong urge that people need to understand the psychological issues issues that come with rape. First under the influence of drugs it no longer becomes rape, in which i have to add a majority of series are like this. If you aren't conscious you can't "rape" someone because you didn't willingly choose to do so under a calm mentality. People will argue and yes there are some places that considers it rape but under most places once influenced by external drugs comes into play its generally never rape.

15. Casi

Casi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... there is a tag on pixiv that is just "feet", I saw it and thought Ewwwww..... but it does exist...

16. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    in god of slaughter mc raped a girl in front of her fiance with guards outside and then killed them both... So there's that...

17. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    They had it coming.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  18. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    A variant of Stockholm syndrome I guess....

19. jossy48

jossy48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This is low and not even funny as a joke. Are you being serious?

20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I laughed, this is hilarious. there is a reason for everything I like to say, there was a reason for the rape and there is a reason why she fell in love, maybe she liked it and there is a reason why there is this tag. Maybe there is just a lot of these cases, so much that you can already say it's a common thing. Therefore it will be a common tag