Discussion Why i stopped supporting wmw's patreon (and why you shouldn't)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ronishamay, Apr 19, 2017.

1. ronishamay

ronishamay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading the series for the past year+ and it's a nice fun light read for me and i have always been happy with the quality of the translation.
    When the option to support via patreon came i pledged 5$ immediately, up until a few days ago i was very happy with the reward (having 1 advanced chapter was always nice).
    however recently the 1$ pledge level and the 3$ (not in use anymore) and the 5$ pledge have been combined despite the the "reward being supposedly different 1$ rarely be ahead 1 chapter 5$ "always" be ahead 1 chapter, i know it's not a big deal but every time i check NU and wuxiaworld after a chapter has been updated and i don't have access to the promised reward i get slightly annoyed.
    why should i be annoyed about something i am donating to? and it is so simple to keep such a promise, i tried writing in the patreon community page however the response i got from a different supporter made me decide to delete the post.
    i might donate to bonus chapters in the future however i just don't feel like donating to a translator who can't keep such a simple promise when i can support a different translator who does, with ISSTH and The Desolate Era there has never been such an issue, i might start supporting GDK next.
    I know that for some this amount of money is nothing however if you live with a budget and are trying to save every $ counts and in addition i just can't help it and i become annoyed whenever a promise is broken no matter how small or insignificant even if i try to especially if the same small non-difficult promise is broken repeatedly.
    To sum it up i don't think anyone else should stop supporting OMA's patreon but for me personally donating to somthing that annoy's me personally again and again (no matter how little) is just stupid.

p.s
    Just wanted to share instead of keeping it bottled up inside.
    (

2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for donating at least.

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this one is broken,

heres another brand new bottle..
    trust me, with how the world operates, you're going to need another one.
    [​IMG]

199sweetheart and Havisu like this.
  4. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    But people like you increased the amount of weekly chapters for plebs like me. Thanks you with love from all the plebs

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally understand your frustration when you don't receive something that you should get when spending money. It's cool but still I don't think you should stop anyone from doing so.

6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to stop supporting it at the end of the month but that's becasue I've spent way too much on patreon. I originally intended to just do a dollar and now I've been doing twenty a month for two months straight.

7. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday night I had a stomach because I was so furious but didn´t go into rage mode
    It is known to many readers here that canceling an attack (or going into rage mode) forcefully will result in inner injuries
    Until yesterday I didn´t believe it would ever happen to me but now I fully believe this :D
    Anyways, good for you

matt_esa likes this.
  8. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    I do get where are you coming as someone with the budget reaaaaally thight

So as a shameless leecher I Will say, thx for donating, and I do not put any Blame on you for stopping donating

As those donating tiers do look skechy....

Havisu and shianthiestrada like this.
  9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly thanks for your donations.

Secondly. If you have a problem with getting your reward you should tell OMA.
    Ignore whatever guy shot down your post because at the end of the day his opinion is worth shit. I won't tell you how to spend your money but with what you said yu should do whatever you can to make sure OMA knows you aren't getting your reward so that he can fix it. You shouldnt just sit there getting more and more annoyed until you decide you wont donate anymore.
    You should send that message to him again other users be damned because that way you'll atleast get a response.

Whether or not you decide to stay or go atleast your issue becomes known so it affects as few people as possible.

If your problem becomes known to OMA then he can address it and possibly fix it. Be it not getting your reward or your reward changing.

Addition: You say he is breaking his promise. What if he has no idea what is happening to you. A simple message could be the key to you issue. If he knows he can fix it. If he doesn't, then you are setting yourself up intentionally to get screwed if you don't tell him. I doubt OMA singled you out to screw with. Could be an easily solved issue once he finds out.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Why here?

11. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TS, I'm sympathetic to your feelings.

Perhaps in the event you decide to support another translator via patreon, in order to avoid similar disappointments (which I do hope does not re occur), probably you should check if there are reviews like yours on other programs by other translators and then see if they were addressed.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    he not ask other to stop it either~
    cuz here more friendlier respond~
    at least better respond~ maybe~
    just look how many WW add complain, business related stuff for qidian, is down just for me or everyone topic, ect~

matt_esa likes this.
  13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    And I was expecting people to be rude

14. Teppou

Teppou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your support

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    we are rude but only few are asshole, dickhead or low level troll wannabe~

16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... True

17. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're adding more chapters for people who rarely or don't donate, and for that, I thank you.

18. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since i finish reading the raw of WMW, i never read it again in WW so i don't know if this problem ever existed...

Well, best luck for you pal. Thanks for donating to make the story keep up to date even if i didn't read it anymore!

19. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu... Personally as someone whose read the raws I don't think its worth donating to anymore. The script changes to like another story after 600 chapters or so and a lot of characters get discarded. Old characters are like revisited once or they died 'coincidentally'. Its pretty messed up stuff but don't want to spoil anything lol

ronishamay likes this.
  20. Youe

Youe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "My condolences for your loss. I, Leylin Farlier, as a representatives from Ouroboros clan appologize to the esteemed supporter. We sincerely hope your problem will be fixed." *cups hand*

ronishamay likes this.