Question Why Necromancer so popular

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Nope34, Jan 12, 2017.

?

How much necromancer novel did u read

1. 0

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. 1

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. 2

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. 3

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. 4

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. >4

26 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. UncleOddball

UncleOddball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was unsure whether I did read more than two, stopped re-count past the sixth xD
    Ok, priorities first - Twilight was fun novel. Light, funny and little whimsical. Not the best of the breed, calling it the romance of the century always brings me down to the knees from all the laughter, but good. It suits one to read it, like, during the train ride. Or a cold winter evening with some cocoa. And honestly if not for the sparkles(lol) people would not hate those vampires too much. They were proper vamps from technical stand-point, apart from that one trait.

Back to the topic. Necromancers got this liver-punch lately, just because.There are some old good necro-chars, like that guy from Shaman King with the dog and wife ghost. I think we could name few more too if we tried. Witches got hit first, because u can make em ecchi easier. But now some pps got to think. Necromancers has some potential.

Sadly, ppl often forget that necromancy is supposed to be one of the dark arts, and it's hard to write a proper and prim evil.

It's gonna be around more, like reincarnators, vrmmo and other stuff that got people hooked up. Just wait long enough, and you'd find one day on NU a story about: a guy who got hit by the truck-chan, met a loli-goddess, got reinc-- transcended to a foreign world with game-like system(bonus points for it being based on the game MC was wasting his life on), got gender-bended and either lolified himself(out of goddess spite) or bimboified(for lols, also of spite)... who happens to be a necromancer. And you wish it was written properly, without a carnival of tropes, for rolfs let's say being a generous mix of japanese and chinese tropes.

Nope34 likes this.
  2. Zhen

Zhen ~[Badass Butler from hell]~

Reading List:
    Link
    i liked the necromancer class ever since I played diablo =\

Scylox likes this.
  3. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Say wha, after a year of translating Great Demon King, necromancy is the hot topic now? Oh yay! :D

MC can currently control a troop of ~40 dark creatures right now, but we're only on chapter 200. I think it's completely feasible he can do millions later on.

Nope34 likes this.
  4. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    A morbid fascination with dead? It's just cool?
    Being able to just stand aside as mindless minions do your work.. having control.
    Zombies and apocalyptic scenarios have been trending lately, so there's that.

I thought he was just using "millions" for effect, and maybe alluding to some RPG games/stories in which the villain seems to hold such, or similar, capabilities. That aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the MC from SSN can gradually build up to the millions. He still hasn't even regained his previous level of power yet.

Nope34 likes this.
  5. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a new trend toward evil mc, and necromancer is the easiest way to say: MC is evil but still can be an MC

Nope34 likes this.
  6. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow 41% read more than 4 Necromancer novel

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I've been enjoying necromancy novels lately because they put the character in charge of an army, as opposed to one man taking on the world. For some reason, that just feels so much cooler than the dime a dozen xianxia/xuanhuan MCs.

It's probably just about the change of pace.

8. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-experimental-log-of-the-crazy-lich/ well before his army broke apart he had millions of them.. and since he is also training his necromancy as well so we might see him uniting his scattered undead army

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-legendary-moonlight-sculptor/ doe not on same tier as Barkhan but he will surely get there since he just got his class doe not including the time when he transform into a lich

also ALL HAIL LORD AINZ

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    keklel likes this.
  9. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its because they have a unique, yet defined skill set that goes a bit deeper than some of the other magic options, while being totally self sufficient. You got summons of varying types, bones, death magic, status effects, life steal, and such, where as for others, its just things like fire ball, fire shield, fire sword, and variations there-of. Maybe throw in heals for light, water, and wood. Gotta mix up the elements just to give the person variety, while a necromancer is good for anything, alive or dead. If its ever been capable of bleeding, they can deal with it.

10. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol boners are erections

11. Miss Ruby

Miss Ruby 『Candy Floss』『Black Blood』 『❄️Ice Princess❄️』

Reading List:
    Link

Something about a single person bringing down countries alone with his mindless army is very intriguing. LMS and Overlord made me love the necromancer class. Emperor of Solo play and Seoul station's necromancer close after.

12. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't be serious... Please be joking... And if you are serious, a boner is...
    erection

13. Nope34

Reading List:
    Link
    What the ....
    Bone and that think, i cant see the connection

14. idgetsxx

idgetsxx The Real Life Snorlax

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to enjoy Necromancer novels because I agree with a lot of the decisions most of the MCs make, based on the situation at the time.

15. Kurisu

Kurisu [Androgynous King] [Crimson Ruler] [Origin of All]

Reading List:
    Link
    ALL HAIL LORD AINZ

16. Nope34

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Ainz LOL