Why writing Reviews is pointless!

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tasear, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasear

Tasear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sending time to give serious review even if it's negative, means you are hoping that oh fabulous and certainly basis or fair overlords won't delete your review without notice nor discussion, because they didn't see it fit with their mindset. So why writing this what some would call a rant, because novel updates is using blatantly censoring on free speech and they need to be called out on it.

Now lets see if this thread doesn't get deleted for startling the Overpowered Gods above.

Cien and thymee like this.
  2. Tasear

Tasear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why simply because I wasted time writing reviews and now seven of them are gone without notification nor reason within a day? I won't be mind or be anger if at least I had been told why, but instead It was clearly deleted, meaning it was censored.

Cien, thymee, Lagu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why not just ask? @Tony isn't online atm, but you can ask him later.

4. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    He has a point.

Love how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of making fun of OP without knowing the full context.

Lagu and Astaroth like this.
  5. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now there are reviews and trash reviews, if your review is only saying that its bad without mentioning why then it will be deleted XD, and a rant is not a review

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mind recreating your review which got unjustly deleted....

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    @Dream Seeker why would we censor anything really? Calm down, dude. Can you provide an example for me?

Astaroth likes this.
  8. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    holy shit this is so funny. hahaha
    you should like, ask the mods why no?
    usually its the "why this is novel is shitty and should not be read. oh woe, how i have wasted my 20 minutes of mouth breathing to read this pile of crap" kind of 'review' that got removed. or just the one liner review.

Mikey likes this.
  9. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash review should be deleted. It's a waste of time to write one (but who care it's your time), and it's a waste of time to read it (my time is precious you know). It's a favor to the world and the people if it gets deleted.

Ai chan likes this.
  10. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah ... asking first would probably have been a better idea. Also the review system did just get an overhaul so I'm assuming it's not entirely impossible they fell through the cracks.

I'm really curious what you wrote and which novels you reviewed now. Since you are new to the forums I would normally ignore your reviews cause I don't recognize your username but since it got deleted I really want to read it.

CDLevit and Astaroth like this.
  11. Em_Rez

Em_Rez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you ask tony why it got removed then

12. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    i love how they give me heads up on the cliche "im a reincarnated person who is the trash of the family"

thank god i dodged those bullets

13. Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Professor Charles Francis Xavier Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So your review got deleted and you want to create a rant? I don't think he's an asshole, OP do you mind telling us what your review was about? Do you also mind telling us what you wrote?

14. mansour1

mansour1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviews are supposed to be what you feel about the novel wether its negative or not perhaps a guy who likes xianxia will frown upon japaneese LNs , you have every right to be baised but dont go to the extreme by saying negative things randomly because your not attracted to it atleast state your preferences maybe thats why you hated it ex: as a xianxia fan i dislike this novel while you give it out points anyone writong a bullshit review needs a warning followed by a ban from reviews foerver if repeated

15. OffDutySpartan

OffDutySpartan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reviews shouldn't be rants. They should be constructive critisisms of the story with comments and opinions. Whether you liked them or not which is fine.

As a writer though I can see why some 'rants' and the reviews would get deleted. They don't provide any help to a reader or the author if they ever read them. I got a review once that said how a guy hated stories with RPG elements in them, which my story had them, then went on a long rant about it. And it was almost like well your not the target audience and the review suffered for it.

16. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Censored because... (∩╹□╹∩)

17. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing against OP, but if he wrote his review the same way he wrote his first post, then it definitely need to be deleted.

kainee and drewjn like this.
  18. Tasear

Tasear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't address in slightly, you assume that of course I deserved to be deleted. After the gods couldn't be wrong or unjust. The fact is there is no system preventing it from being as such. The fact is I wrote a decent enough negative reviews that I should of at least been notified why they weren't deem fit for site in comparison to so happy go lucky positive reviews.

I made such dramatic thread to get attention on there is no check and balance system in place.

Cien and CDLevit like this.
  19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I've written rant reviews before. They weren't deleted... I'm surprised yours were. Can you copy paste it here so that we can know what you're talking about?

I agree with the other posters that trash reviews should be deleted, but I've not personally heard that happen before. I'm surprised someone's accusing the mods of deleting 7 reviews. I don't think they're that hardworking, unless if it's Parth lol

Please share with us your reviews so we can make informed decisions whether to support you or bash you. As of now, we're really confused of you.

drewjn, DeanRae, makenai89 and 2 others like this.
  20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    here's the thing, a notification system is not in place. So there is no way to notify you in the first place. Would you stop being so sarcastic and actually provide some example of what was deleted?

only Tony deals with reviews.

Astaroth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.