Feature Request Widget to show "Completed Novel of the Day" on main page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Dizzcity, May 24, 2017.

1. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,

A couple of days ago, I did a poll about how people were finding new novels to read, and discovered a majority of them randomly clicked on titles found on the main updates page. Which is all well and good, but that leads to the problem of novels that are NOT being updated not getting much visibility. This is fine in the case of translations that have stopped halfway, but unfortunately it also filters out novels that have been completely translated (and therefore no longer updated). Which means that a lot of the "classics" (so to speak) of the novel translation world are being ignored by newer readers.

So I was thinking, in order to allow readers to also be aware of novels that have already finished translation, how about having a widget on the main page that just randomly selects one novel who has already been marked as "completed" for display? It can be just as simple as displaying the title. As long as there is some way of making the completed novels more visible on the main page, so that they have a chance to compete more equally for attention with novels that are still actively being translated.

I know there is a search feature for completed novels, but that implies active intention on the reader's part to look for completed novels to read. That's not what I'm going for. I'm hoping to catch the "window shoppers" or casual browsers, by having completed series in a place where they are browsing for new stuff to read.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually seems like a good suggestion overall, I agree with the OP that it would be a nice idea.

3. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

I don't think @Tony's planning on adding anything on the main page (NU or NUF) any time soon, but who knows? I'd like to read good classics too.