Spoiler Wife, You Can’t Run After Eating

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by PechDepi, Sep 1, 2017.

1. PechDepi

PechDepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's seem to be a good one. And I really love the Synopsis.

Black belly female killer soul attached to the house weak eldest sister, shocked Yan Yan, attracted peach blossoming open, belly black emperor? Demon bad prince? Insidious handsome king? Gentle physician? Iceberg Mystery Male? Who is his true life? Haha, but she only eats, definitely will not take responsibility! Beautiful men be careful!

Synopsis provided by Girly Novels
    Mei Xi is a world class assassin, adept at poison and medicine. She’s extremely lazy when she’s got free time, and she’s the biggest flirt ever. A total player. Her goal is to bed all the beauties she can find.

She somehow transmigrates into a rich miss, Feng Zhiyao, who’s just had her engagement broken with the seventh prince, whom she was crazy in love with. So she went insane with grief and hanged herself. Then Mei Xi wakes up in her body in the coffin…

Everyone expects her to be grieving over her lost love, but instead she changes into a seductive demoness who manages to win over many hearts (some of whom belong to the seventh prince’s posse). Simply put, she turns into a femme fatale.

Please~ spoil me :blobpeek::aww:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Better yet, translate it

3. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    she has a half-sister that is the usual ''green tea bitch''. Luckily her father actually seem to love her, the 7 prince and her half sister seem to be in love.

Feng Zhi Yao/Mei Xi- Our FL. Zi Yun- our FL maid.
    Feng Zhi Qiong is the name of the half-sister,
    Prime Minister Feng Wu- Zhi yao and zhi qiong father.
    7 prince- Qi Wang

Hae_UNa, Kittsune, Rahul and 4 others like this.
  4. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    This type of story is where no joke, people literally fall for the MC left and right. Her first man is a bodyguard she tricks into getting for 1 month and I kid you not, at the start, he really didn't like her, the next, she drugs him, tries to look innocent, and they both lose their first time. The MC is angry and realized the orig!MC was tricked into thinking she lost her virginity due to a fake scandal caused by her ex-fiance so he can leave the MC and marry the sister. After that one night stand was over, amazingly enough, the bodyguard fell in love with her and wants her as a wife!

Most of the things that happens in the story is that the MC wants sex but no commitment, but sadly for her, all these men keep thinking "she will be my wife!" or "I want her to give birth to me a son!", some know she's no longer a virgin or still sleep with other men, but as long as they're her 'last man' then they're happy. I'm at the point in the story where she had hooked over 9 guys but slept with only 3 of them. What I find it a bit sad how she has to trick some innocent people into thinking she wants to marry them when in reality, she hopes after she's done with them, they'd go out and fall in love with some other girl or some so they'd leave her alone unless they're willing to be friends with benefits with her. I'm a bit so-so on this story, sometimes it's funny, but sometimes I'm just :blobwoah:
    Yes, he regrets, he regrets not long after the MC after she takes over the body. Not only her style changed, but also obviously her temperament. It's not really smutty, it's like various of failed or successful attempts of the MC trying to get into the guys pants.

He ends up making the half-sister a side princess instead of a main princess. He actually becomes quite disgusted with her after wanting to be with the MC. She was apparently pregnant before marriage so some people know about that and found it disgraceful. This was found out when the MC tried to make the half-sister lose more of their father's favor which involved with the MC poking the half-sisters thigh with a needle (which wasn't seen) then suddenly, she started to bleed and aborted. MC had no idea she was pregnant. Later, a doctor shows up and lets them know the half-sister was pregnant but the MC felt something was suspicious.

It turns out, the 7th prince doesn't want the half-sister to ever have his children! He also made her secretly have a infertility drug so she can never have children in general! He even tried to re-hook the MC with the half-sister seeing everything, but of course, the MC doesn't want to have anything to do with him so she rejects it. The half-sister loses her 'gentleness' and tries to attack the MC which resulted in the MC dodging it and the half-sister hitting the 7th prince instead. This makes him punish the half-sister and strive more on trying to win over the MC. This is also the scene where he finds out she has an ambiguous relationship with another man. He calls her slut but in the end, he still wanted her as his wangfei lmao.. This of course makes the MC even more disgusted with him so I doubt he'd be one of the people joining her harem.

The main entertainment I find is when I see all these two-faced girls having the man they liked snatched by the MC and having their faces slapped in the end. :blobsmirk: If they weren't two-faced, I'd feel sorry for them, but unfortunately, that's not the case for any of them. Where I was at, the MC only encountered 4 types of these girls.

5. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this sounds really disappointing, this was not what I was hoping for :blobunsure: I totally get your point.

vsukio likes this.
  6. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it is too different but in this setting i am kinda liking it... afterall, this is in ancient setting where the males all can do it, though the "assassin" may not be too concerned about the body's reputation, i still salute her to have the guts to be more free in her wants and go after it.. at the very least, all those males can see what the women of that era feels when their beloved men go hook up with various women under the guise of raining nectar...

nielyti, JimmyFalcon, Hae_UNa and 5 others like this.
  7. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mentioned it, there are a few things I actually really like even though this is an ancient setting.

1. The MC's father
    The MC's dead mother is her father's beloved woman which is why the MC is treated so well. What I like about their relationship is that they trust each other. When the MC's father had to deal with a thing assigned by the emperor, the MC stepped up and told him her idea which he instantly approved of. Her father did not want the MC to marry into royalty. Normally in other novels, the father would normally aim for whatever gives them the most benefit, therefore would likely want their daughters to marry high to climb high, but regardless of the half-sister doing so, he rather the MC never does. That's why most of the time in the story, regardless how beautiful the man is, the MC tries her best to avoid royal eye-candy or at least keeping them away from her pants. When the MC is at the palace with her father and needs to leave or wants to, they give each other eye contact. Once they do, her father will make an excuse in order to help the MC escape.

Another thing is her father even allowed the MC to own her own business and didn't get angry when she said she'd never marry. The bodyguard/assassin ML eventually does tell the MC's father he had slept with the MC, instead of being enraged, he was happy the MC had finally found a man to be with although she had strongly denied wanting to get married to him. I did skip ahead at one point where it looks like the MC eventually does take all of her men as husbands, in other novels, I'm sure the MC's father would be against this but instead, the MC's father is quite pleased with it, especially when he see's how well they treat the MC. Overall, he listens to her opinions, helps her when she looks like she needs it, and wants her happily get married to the man she loves.

2. How the guys react to finding out the MC is not a virgin
    In other novels, I honestly feel like they'd be completely disgusted if they were to find out the MC slept with other men. They'd usually be like "slut!" etc, but in the MC's case, it's completely different. Instead of "who did she sleep with? I'll kill them both!" and giving the MC the boot, it's more like "who dared took my favorite woman's first time!" while still trying to woo her and make her fall in love with him so she'd be his wife. The other thing I kind of liked is some of their mindset, although some wanted to take the MC asap, they didn't want the MC's 'first time' to be where they were at (since they didn't know she wasn't a virgin). She had almost seduced this one guy but they were in a carriage, he wanted them to spend their first night together at the bridal chamber.

8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah... why can't we have this kind of men in other novels? It was only in this kind of novel where the female MC are "shameless"in that era or confident enough that we see this kind of men appearing... those ML candidates are all so loving and has their brain wired on right... sigh...

9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
  10. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll not be reading this one I dislike harem stories the most. I don't really care the gender of the MC harem, I don't find them worthy of my attention.

11. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. I've been reading this one too and highly recommend it if people are okay with the romance for the MC being pretty late. People want to be with her but she takes a lot of time considering certain matters and her feelings about it. Hopefully someone will be interested in translating it.

Although it doesn't happen until later, her revenge against her ex-husband was good enough for me. :blobhero:

The other zombie novel she recommended on her blog was eh. It was pretty good at the start but then I don't know.. things kind of changed. I'm not sure if it's completed or not? I read the last raw I could find but it doesn't seem like it was the final chapter.

Her revenge against her ex-lover here wasn't really satisfying.. the ML took matters onto his own hands. With how he did it, I felt like it wasn't enough.

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know if this novel is completed or not? I went to the raws websites and they counted the chapters up to 82, 85, 109, and then 4; also the website said that it is incomplete
    http://www.lwxs520.com/books/60/60943/index.html

13. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    kiara8 and ludagad like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  15. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't sounds like a rec to me, judging by her review lol. I didn't bother reading it, so I'll trust your words.

vsukio likes this.
  16. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops. I meant review. But yeah it went from I must prepare for the apocalypse! To oh look its a kid, let's save him from these thugs! To omg he's one of the strongest people in my past life! To I must make a base with all these people! To I'll leave my base to my aides to deal with these people wanting my life! To, what's this? You're apparently my so-called grandfather? To, what? You want to kill me because I'm too strong and is considered a threat to you because of it? To, what? Your son wants to kill me because his daughter fell in love with the ML but the ML refused her because he loves me? To oh look me and the ML are reincarnates of these very important people in our past life that we knew nothing of! To look, talking ancient zombies! Wait they're the ML's ancestors? To look, a ghost! What? He's also the ML's ancestor? Yeah. I lost how much times the MC went into a coma and woke up to finding herself stronger. Oh right, and there's the generic "oh no I lost my memories" moment but the MC regains her memories back pretty fast.

Maybe I'm just being bias but eh.

Also, do you have any zombie recommendations? The baby and mom one was the first novel I've ever read with zombies and so far, I really enjoyed reading it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    nielyti, Ease, Hae_UNa and 4 others like this.
  17. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, sounds like pure chaos...
    About zombie novels, if you don't mind BL there's http://www.novelupdates.com/series/back-to-the-apocalypse/ , which was really good and up to my taste. Oh, there's also Dominion's End, which is a bit weird with its characters, but very well-written.

18. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! But I still want to know if she is having children or not, like she seduce and bed man left and right? And how sexy she can get?

Hae_UNa likes this.
  19. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    She has been taking medicine to prevent herself from getting pregnant, the prince who slept with her got angry after finding out and tries to stop her from taking it. After skimming though ahead near the end, she does eventually get two twins (both dragon's(sons)). I may be wrong on this but I believe the father is the cold prince whom was the 'assassin' that she hid in her room after he tried to assassinate the 7th prince pretty early on in the story. The prince who slept with the MC which I had previously just mentioned was pretty jealous and envious of his brother for having the MC bore him two sons. The other guys in the harem were happy enough to have the MC's children regardless of the child not being their flesh and blood.

As for sexiness, well, she made herself even more beautiful due to her subordinate giving her a pill that would greatly enhance her martial arts. She of course had no idea it would enhance her beauty. When she took it, it made her skin more glossy etc and she was so beautiful it made her manly girl servant blush. The first guy from the harem that see's the MC's beautiful transformation is her cousin-in-law (his dad's sister is the half-sister's mom) whom is extremely close to the MC's half sister. He couldn't help to find the MC to be extremely beautiful and started to dislike how the MC smiles at other people but frowns or acts coldly towards him. Previously, he did see her as beautiful but was able to stop himself from being seduced, plus, he really disliked the MC at the time, this time, he basically wanted her for himself and felt jealous even towards the coachmen he saw the MC smile to.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  20. PechDepi

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, that so sweet. And how many prince is in her harem?