Windows 10 Anniversary Edition?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by PinoyReader, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PinoyReader

PinoyReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought an ssd for my laptop and thinking of formatting the hdd and installing the windows 10 anniversary edition on my ssd. But is the anniversary edition better than the classic windows 10 version 1511?

2. haghala

haghala Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With a fresh install anniversary edition should be the better option. It got more features for better or worse.

3. gandalf

gandalf Patriarch "You Shall Not Pass"

Reading List:
    Link
    nah..dont do it man...i swear its bad..imo

PinoyReader likes this.
  4. rizuya

rizuya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly new features for developer not home user, and some people experiencing bugs.
    Normal windows pro is more than enough.

udonsage and PinoyReader like this.
  5. PinoyReader

PinoyReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, i see. I'm sticking to 1511. Thanks for the comments

6. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    well either way we will get forced to dl that in the future but for the time being dont

7. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please upgrade. You don't have to do a clean install, even upgrading from Windows Update is fine, as long as your internet doesn't act up. Your OS is the single most important software in your computer, and keeping it reasonably up-to-date is important.

Read this article. Especially read the Updated section. Guesses and speculations aside, I believe that article shows the importance of keeping your OS updated. Not just for new features (which is nice if there's any) but primarily for security fixes.

8. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your be enforced to upgrade to no matter what with windows 10 as that's how windows 10 is built now ( its more inline with firmware up grades then olds school o/s) also the windows 10 anniversary ED is better than the 1st release ( you can also then use cortana (fully) on your phone if you run ann 10 ), i run 2 rigs one that runs the standard releases and on the other for windows 10 insider builds ( set to fast track builds ie i got them for dev debugging before the slow track release which is more like the pre release build) , the newest insider build it testing the "new windows gaming streaming stuff but it will be a good few months before a normal nome user gets it

the best way to do a clean install is going to the windows 10 site and use the windows 10 media creation tool , that way it will build the right release in x86/x64 home/pro into a usb or iso format that 1 usb or dvd will then install all versions of windows 10 for any pc and can be used for fixing your pc if you get booting problems

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine keeps freezing at 86%... How long does it take to install? >>;;

10. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    Windows will force u to download and install latest updates. If u try to stop it badly it will keep on downloading same updates again and again and then prompting u to re-install ...
    I dunno it took 30-40 min but it installed like normal updates installed after a long period ... Never stuck for me. Maybe do a factory reset then re-install the update?

Blushy likes this.
  11. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try that thank you!

12. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can stop windows doing the updates to speed up the time , 1st way is when asked @ the express install / custom screen pick custom as it's the best as you can then tell windows not to do the updates at that point and you can also tell windows not to share info and other settings , but if you're unsure / not a techie that best way is make a usb stick and just unplug the network cable or if its a laptop use the button to turn the wifi off , that way it will also speed up the install times , then you can do the updates afterwards