Workout Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BlackBlade, Nov 8, 2016.

1. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My weight is fluctuating quite a bit, even on the same day. I'm assuming it's about the same. I'm still keeping up with my new increase in intensity and feeling good. I'm finding that some objects that had previously seemed heavy are now incredibly easy to pick up and move around, really helps getting things done around the house. Also, despite my somewhat fragile knee it's become much easier to walk long distances. A mile long walk is no problem now, where as in the past maybe I'd need a day or so to recover before my knee would stop feeling sore.

2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys need @MOTIVATION ? Listen to this while working out!

3. Vedastra

Vedastra [I.....See....You.....!!!]

Reading List:
    Link
    last year i tried to workout a little bit
    HIIT, beginner level, 10 min
    almost die
    ╮(─▽─)╭

4. Mau

Mau S m i l e

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't eat that much yesterday and now i lost 2kg!! I'm 6' 60kg quite thin eyy. I did pushed up or exercise everday last month in which it surprised me i gained weight! But after i tried going on a gym once my big bro invited me. We hit the gym for 4hours it did stunned me. Anyway after that my body hurt liked hell! I can't move my muscles. Oh right before that my right arm hurts i dont know why i cant straight it properly. After that day i forgot my daily routine which hurt me alot. I can 30+push up every 5sets already. But now i think i need to start over again. How sad

5. SummerHaze

SummerHaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a bit fan of leg workouts

6. Claire the Lunatic

Claire the Lunatic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Say, if the diet minimizes carbohydrate and increase fat to invoke ketosis, would 2 pounds per week still apply?

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know much about exercise but daily strenuous exercise is not advisable. You injure (break down) muscles , you need a day at least to recover.
    Source: Sports trainer I used to know

8. Pleasefilter

Pleasefilter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would imagine so, but I'm no dietician. The hard and fast rules I go with are: eat fewer Calories than burned, and keep it all simple (for both diet and exercise). If you can stick to a keto regimen that's great, I tried it and couldn't stick to the habit so I focused more on the math of Calories in versus Calories out.

If you check the 'loseit' subreddit, you'll notice for the posts about successful weight loss journeys longer than a year, they average between 110-140 pounds per year for those with enough weight to lose, no matter what plan they follow.

9. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is above the laws of thermodynamics.

At most metabolism vaires 400 calroies eithee way.

You arent eating as much as you think you are.

10. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    Yh i realised that i eat little portions every 4 hours isn't enough.

Im eating huge meals 4 times

11. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    you just might be the biggest masochist I've ever encountered

no one likes leg day

no one

12. Nargol

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah.

if you can still walk after leg day, you're doing it wrong

13. Nargol

Reading List:
    Link

relevant

14. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    SAITAMA -SENSEI!
    GENOS DESU~!
    too lazy to workout...

15. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    My knees been all kinds of trouble this last week. Hard to go to the gym when your leg feels painful to walk on. Seems like it has resolved itself to an acceptable level now though, I'll be going tomorrow and I'll try to take things easy on the legs. Funny theres a video out about skipping legday.

16. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    I did artistic gymnastic for a long time, it was my way of having fun and being healthy.

Going to a gym solely for the sake of doing exercise though? That is a no for me, way too boring.

17. LifeFrog

LifeFrog {Frog In a Pond} {L.L Footstool on Strike}

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you train so hard you went bald? lol

18. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda find it fun...

19. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, my friend was a gymnast for quite awhile. It's pretty crazy the kind of strength you need to do some of that stuff, its very good exercise. My parents put me in a gymnastic class as well when I was younger, but I was about the only boy in the class, so I quit and decided to play sports instead. I remember there were a lot of cartwheeling and balancing exercises.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  20. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my workout routine went through a bit of a crisis in these last 2 weeks. I was getting into bed by putting my weight on my bad knee and it kind of popped awkwardly, and I popped it back into place quickly afterwards. The next week it was way out of whack and it almost seemed unstable or something, quite painful and I couldn't find it in myself to go to the gym. Luckily after a week everything seemed to have fixed itself, but I was no longer in my workout rhythm. I was also incredibly bad with planning out my time and didn't go to the gym for another full week. I'd say today is the day I'll get back over, but then I would waste my time until the gym finally closed and I couldn't go over. I felt very low on energy and frankly bad those 2 weeks where I didn't work out. Finally this morning I told myself I had better go today or else when the heck was I going to start working out again? Made it over there, did a full workout and even added on a few additional exercises. The knee felt great and I got in a very good workout, did everything at full strength although I did cut back on my walking by about 10 minutes.

Only benefit I really had from this break is that all my muscles got very well rested and built up. Working out breaks them down after all, so any muscle damage that I may not have noticed definitely got repaired during these 2 weeks, but I'm glad I'm finally back over there and can continue working on my goals.

Also now my elbows is extremely sensitive just like it was before I started working out, very weird. Didn't get in the way of my workout, but near the end I pushed off of something awkwardly and my elbow was in instant agony. Idk what I did to that sucker, but I figure if I go easy on it for awhile and make sure I don't sleep on it it should improve. Maybe tendonitis or something.