LCD World of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raphael, Nov 9, 2015.

1. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    "The systems of yao and mo cultivation were completely different. Mo that understood yao arts were very rare."

Didn't Pu Yao originally say that nobody ever managed to cultivate both yao and mo systems? I specifically remember him saying that a few people tried in the past but it ended with them dying. Now the author says that it is possible but a rare occurrence. Inconsistencies?

2. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember that it was said that fight at high level be it Mo, Yao or Xiuzhe each one would use some art/skill from each other

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did say that people had tried, and always failed, to cultivate the yao and mo paths simultaneously, but he also said that everyone used parts of all three paths once they reached a certain level. Its the foundations that others can't mix. The actual techniques aren't as much of a problem. They just can't be displayed at the same level because the foundations wouldn't be there.

4. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see now, so other mo may be able to use yao arts but they won't have a spirit palace (I think that's what it was called, author doesn't really explain yao and mo cultivation) so their attacks would be lackluster

Lokumi likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically. I assume that they learn them for the added utility and to gain insights on their own techniques (and those of their enemies) by studying others' techniques, rather than for direct battle potential

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  6. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I had thought that Ge was only able to do it because he had ling power to bridge the gap between yao and mo skills.

Pure yao who cultivated mo physique and pure mo who cultivate yao consciousness did not have ling power to balance out just died IIRC and the yao cultivation technique Ge uses had the side effect of drawing in ling power.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you think that? The whole reason he inscribed a mo physique into himself and formations based on mo physiques into his followers is that they naturally absorb ling power without conscious effort. The fact that it comes so naturally is what makes it difficult for them to use xiu methods, that and the fact that their foundations and bodies are very different so they don't really have/use dantians (or whatever they're called in this series). The reason that people couldn't cultivate multiple foundations was simply that the technqiues they chose weren't compatible. It was like trying to put down to mutually exclusive support structures in the same place. ZM's plot armor allowed him to pick techniques that were compatible, and/or his unique physical characteristics and talent allowed them to become compatible.

8. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 343:-

Maybe I've been infected by Pu's biases. I kinda figured that even if mo absorbed ling power automatically instead of cultivating like xiu, they did not have enough to bridge the spirit and the body, causing them to die when trying.

EDIT: And when Kunlun being sword xiu experimented with mo physique, they did not succeed because they did not have enough consciousness. Ge was the crazy person who cultivated consciousness mainly for it's side effect of gathering ling power.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, we probably just interpreted that part differently. I'm mostly basing my assumptions on that passage and the one where Pu says that everyone uses all the powers to some degree once their cultivation advances beyond a certain point.

10. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT:
    deleted,
    simply because its pointless to tell someone how or what happened in the story. after all its not like i'm the only one reading, or is it???
    how funny and idiotic does it looks, when you tell someone what happened, and in response you get a reply with a mocking expression....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  11. r34lpr1nc3ss

r34lpr1nc3ss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lil miss sending wei ran with 500 people to confront gao xuan with 500 people is a strategy in of itself. the suggestion that lil miss should have used his advantage of having more people to overwhelm the battle isn't a good one - simply because this is an advantage that lil miss won't have in future battles. xuan kong temple have a lot of battalions: jing zhe and jing zhe battalion; bie han and evil troops (the ones they sent to cloud sea jie initially and that disappeared); possibly more; in fact, the 1,000 battalion with feng yue isn't even considered elite in xuan kong, just experienced. (and of course, there are the other sects and their own battalions.) lil miss has to come up with strategies on how to defeat battalions that have troops more than his, or troops that have higher cultivation than his (as in the case of a zha ge, which is why lil miss incorporated brigadier [jindan level] mo in vermillion bird camp).

also, lil miss might be crazy but he isn't that irresponsible. right after ding zhen (yuanying) was killed and zuo mo disappeared in shattered stone jie - lil miss have been preparing for the retaliation of xuan kong temple. this might be the first time lil miss is engaging them in battle, but it's definitely not a situation where he is totally in the dark regarding them. ma fan, nian lu, and lei peng are familiar with the xuan kong temple emblem and even recognized their signature attack. furthermore, it is highly likely that lil miss have scouts to observe the enemy as well as the battle (but will not engage in the battle itself - this was mentioned when wei ran was transporting skilled people to golden crow city in little mountain jie).

besides feng yue rushing to cloud sea jie on her own without sect orders means that there wouldn't be significant people. xuan kong temple are occupied with chaos rifts due to the sky splitting calamity - defending their territories and battling yao/mo armies. most of their resources and people would be concentrated in this. (an example of this is when tian huan/xu ling recalled their yuanying and other people in cloud sea jie without closure on the sun shen temple incident [an important matter that they have prepared for in years and years!]). more so since ding zhen isn't even a significant person in the sect (this is alluded to by himself), and the sect already lost an elite battalion when bie han and the evil troops disappeared.

12. r34lpr1nc3ss

r34lpr1nc3ss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mo, yao, and xiu differing paths of cultivation are probably due to what is considered important: mo is strength of the body, yao is consciousness, while xiu is spells/formations/etc. right after diverging from shen power to the three different powers, the differences are probably not that much; and the differences are just further magnified throughout the years.

basically, the "rules" regarding each of the three differing paths of cultivation is possibly not absolute because of the qualifiers attached to it. just that, most don't question anything and completely accepts such things as fact. like in zuo mo's case - he can enter ten finger prison, he's definitely a yao; he has a great day mo physique, he can't be anything but mo.

there are a lot of examples throughout the story that sort of break the rules. the great day mo physique is considered a noble mo bloodline but is in fact created by a yao. or that yaomo have stuff that destroys ling power in an area (affecting xiu since they use it to cultivate) but the mo matrix absorbs and filters ling energy. or the xiu slaves like shu long being able to cultivate mo skills. or that ye ling is a mo without a matrix but developed a mo skill, and he needs a mo embryo in order to develop the matrix compatible with his mo skill. [mo emphasizes bloodlines for mo matrixes, and yet they were now able to use mo embryos in order to develop mo matrixes.] or that zuo mo (though he's probably not a great example to use because he's a weirdo) was able to use the great day mo physique in the yao ten finger prison, which is said to be impossible. or gongsun cha developing his consciousness and being more like a yao battle general.

higher cultivation mo, yao, and xiu are probably able to see and study the others' path of cultivation - understand it and incorporate on how to use it to strengthened themselves. the creator of the mo steeles didn't even cultivate anything, and yet he is very knowledgeable. if anything, the existence of such rules in mo, yao, and xiu differing paths of cultivation are possibly and probably just limiting the potential.

josh_15 likes this.
  13. I Eat Monsanto

Reading List:
    Link
    No, no I didn't. I'm not studying the story— I'm just casually reading it as a hobby.

14. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started the novel, and I'm in chapter six, and the MC is a girl.. but the description talked about a young man sooo... and so far no mention of the supposed MC. I heard this novel was slow paced, but six chapters in and the MC hasn't been introduced. Does the novel pick up in speed a bit.. or is the female the MC? BC I read for fun and I don't wanna get stuck reading 100 chapters of exposition or world building...

15. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure that you read the correct novel ? Because I dont remember the MC being a girl, not even in the begining, un fact I'm sure that he Nevers was a girl

16. Legendary_Exor

Reading List:
    Link
    Found the issue. The link kept redirecting me to a different story on the same page. Anyways thanks hehe, I don't hate female MCs but prefer male ones.(since I'm a guy I can relate and stuff) welp, time to read then... so much for doing homework haha.

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am really disliking the current fight scenes
    I wish this author would stop writing bad fight scenes and go back to what he is good at. scalping, comedy, farming, etc.

18. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because it's becoming a trend that enemies surrender after Ge throws one punch.

19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should rename him saitama.

There is also a lot of really annoying "cold sweat" and "feeling of danger" and other such repetitive nonsense. and the crowd reactions which i loath. 2 pages of filler for 1 punch defeat.

The first 300-400 chapters are still the best cultivation story ever. but lately it hasn't been as good. its not all bad, but sometimes you have a couple chapters in a row that i wish to skip

josh_15 likes this.
  20. Legendary_Exor

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the little paper crane fight thing(chapter 6 or som) Very stupid sending it back knowing the power of the person and stuff... will this type of stupidity continue or what? dumb MC's that survive of luck and plot armor makes for a shitty story.