Discussion Worst romantic relationships in Novels...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by abdera7man, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it's so hard to choose between pretty much every CN with a female MC based around transmigration/time travel. there's only like 1 or 2 i've seen where the MC isn't spending half of her time around the male lead or other "romantic interests" just trying not to get raped by them and the other half is trying not to die while they taking advantage of her. pretty much no romance to speak of, just a bunch of guys runnin around with a raging boner yelling "stop moving and let me @%&# you!" at the MC only to get cock-blocked by a rival that follows up by doin the same thing to her.

even if the male MC cultivation novels are rather pathetic in what they consider a relationship, at least both sides usually end up being portrayed as willing and interested before they get "serious" (even if the reason is just really bad writing). the ones i'd call bad would be the ones where she falls in love with the MC after he screws her while she's poisoned with an aphrodisiac, since there's no sense wasting a perfectly good chance to get laid (AST) or too weak to fight off the advances of his "magic wellness stick" that'll rape her back to health (ATG). that shit ain't romance, that's a mental disorder.

readerz and abdera7man like this.
  2. Araias

Araias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I logged in just to like this comment. I hate that novel.

abdera7man likes this.
  3. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    ludagad, Mangochic and abdera7man like this.
  4. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Like this...

Hunta likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Camille and the Male MC of Otoburi! Because I hate that guy! *flips table*

Why is the male lead overprotective of his wife that is a better mage than him!? Go protect those citizens that are being attacked by the heroine instead!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    abdera7man likes this.
  6. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    ludagad, readerz, AliceShiki and 4 others like this.
  7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Emperor's Domination?

Celes likes this.
  8. Celes

Celes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku.. WORST!

abdera7man likes this.
  9. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything with ntr is the worst.

abdera7man likes this.
  10. pinkrainmi

pinkrainmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know sometimes we have to take novels with a few grains (or cups) of salt but...that is an example of domestic abuse...but things like that show up in a lot of novels regardless of if it's a male MC story, female MC, harem, non-harem :blob_coughblood:.

I wonder if authors think that healthy romance cannot exist in a profitable story? :blobpensive:

Edit: Two stories instantly pop up in my mind:
    1. Shura's Wrath - I dropped it because the harem was just getting ridiculous. Basically every female person/character/form of existence would fall for him and he would go from "Oh my god, something bad happened to my sister, I need to focus all my efforts on saving her, she is the meaning to my life, blah blah" to "OMG look at that woman's soft-looking, pure white, round, blah blah, let me take a video to manipulate her and sexually harass her" in an instant... That and his (non-blood related) sister is like "Oh, I'm going to die, I love you but I know you are interested in all the girls in our guild, aren't they pretty - why don't you sleep with them all because you're so awesome???" - definitely realistic and healthy (y)

2. Long Live Summons - Pretty sure that's the name of the novel. The male MC takes on a side wife (I don't think he "touched" his main(??) wife yet) and he has an ever-growing line of "wives" waiting to be initiated :blob_coughblood:. And the general attitude of the other females is "I'm so jealous I haven't slept with him yet, unlike --- who is being rewarded every night, but I'm going to pretend to be shy until he gets to me".

...The post ended up way longer than I anticipated, oops! :cookie:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  11. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

ohko, AliceShiki and abdera7man like this.
  12. pinkrainmi

pinkrainmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, novels with angst and misunderstandings are fine, but these novels take unhealthy to another level :sweating_profusely:

AliceShiki and Action like this.
  13. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

pinkrainmi likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... What...?

If I had a boyfriend, and he ditched me for buying contraceptives, I'd consider it a good thing overall... I mean, I got rid of a terrible person in my life.
    Healthy romance is good! >.<

Honestly, there ought to be some drama to keep readers entertained I guess, but RL relationships also have drama, so it's not like this is a problem... You just need to make the relationship make sense and you're good.

*sighs* Some authors... Really...

Action, abdera7man and pinkrainmi like this.
  15. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Any MC in an IET novel..

abdera7man likes this.
  16. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like ISSTH romance.
    They dont even meet at all for hundreds of chapters, and its less than a stick burn of insence everytime. No courting, no nothing. Uber long distance relationship with zero contact and years of saperations and somehow it all magically work out? ...
    Its like, you save them once, neglect them for years, and everything work out..

abdera7man likes this.
  17. Epicstaar

Epicstaar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MGA. Although people in here are saying IET and I would agree, but there are so many worse ones that it is unbelievable that the first one to come to mind is IET

abdera7man likes this.
  18. Epicstaar

Epicstaar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Off topic, but does ISSTH get good? I like actual deep cultivation so the whole thing of cramming pill down his throat to get stronger and the exploding butts was sort of a turn off for the novel for me. So I guess the main question is, does the MC ever move on from just eating pills til he becomes immortal? Or is that just the way the novel is with no actual comprehension of anything

19. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, not all about pills .... He comprehended the dao to breakthrough many releams and bottlenecks too in the later parts of the story..(every arc focused on a way of breaking through) not gonna spoil you x:)...
    So It's just in the beginning of the story that he focused on eating pills to breakthrough....

20. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when some girl meets the MC and then states something similar to I strangely feel attracted to him, I can't tell why. It wouldn't be that hard for the girl to feel normal things, like he is so hot I just can't stop looking at him or he makes me feel happy being around him. You know NORMAL feelings that people actually have.

pinkrainmi and abdera7man like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.