Wuxia/Xanxia Recommendations(TV or Movie)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Wujigege, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance-themed story please, I prefer action. Just rewatched Legend of Chusen Season 1 and I want to watch something similar

2. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always liked Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (the 2003 version) and Legend of Condor Heroes (the new 2017 version looks nifty). You could also check out The Vigilantes in Masks (though parts of it are kinda 'comic book styled' action), Chinese Paladin 3 (okay there's romance but there's also monster hacking and stuff), Brotherhood of Blades and its newest sequel (that's actually a prequel storywise--and yeah there's romance elements in there but again it's more hack and slash).

Oh and if you want action cinematography then go check out Tsui Hark's works. I enjoyed watching Detective Dee & the Phantom Flame as well as Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon.

Uh...yeah that's all I can think of for now. To be honest there's like lovey dovey moments in all of them but not enough to detract from the plot, I think. Anyways, have fun and tell me what you think~

P.S. These are all mostly wuxia, yah~

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen most of Jin Yong's adaptations including the 2003 versions of Semi Devils although I did not have much appreciation for the culture when I saw it a few years compared to now. I always preferred the second : Return of the Condor Heroes and Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre over the first installment of the Condor Trilogy
    Not a fan of Wallace Huo so couldnt watch Vigilantes in Mask even with Liu Shishi in it, Chinese Paladin 3 was great at least a happy ending
    when compared to the original and Tiffany Tang stole the show but I might enjoy rewatching it since I understand puns and general Chinese culture now. Thanks for the recommendations

Ruyi likes this.
  4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend me some back if you find any! I approve of your taste, hah. >D

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha thanks, I remember poorly signing Pian Ai in college and make Chinese roommate making fun of how horrible my signing was,
    it was basically karaoke as at the time I thought ne ge was niggar haha