Spoiler Xianxia Transhumanism

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by mrttao, Feb 17, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking about world of cultivation MC. He is basically a transhumanist
    To start with he was modified by some yuanying+ cultivator who turned his face into a zombie face, then he was parasitized by a degraded sky yao (plants and elementals) and general mo (magical animals). He practiced a bunch of body transforming arts (dhyana xiu at first, and then mo cultivation). Had some magic rhino mo scripts implanted on his bones and a yao 3rd eye crystal implanted in his head. And then he underwent a full body mo cocoon reconstruction where the new body is explicitly brand new and not directly related to his old one and also upgraded his yao and mo features and made them innate and smoother flowing. Then his energies fused into his body (human, mo, and yao cultivation methods), including his 6th grade flame being fused into his muscles. And the 3 energies fused together to form shen and then he got a sun seed and became a shen warrior.

And I was wondering if there are other such cases where they go for full transhumanism. I do not mean "body refining" where the MC just practices a mere body refining technique that takes his basic human body and turns it into human++.

But going full bore with adding nonhuman stuff into the mix just for more power. undead/cyborg (golem?)/elemental/magical animal/etc.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. Asura Nerd

Asura Nerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry off topic...
    But damn it, I didn't know it was about world of Cultivation...I was at chapter 2
    I'm ashamed >_<

mrttao likes this.
  3. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more like something bad guy would use.

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is evil about self modification?

5. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not saying it's evil, it's just i know some which used by bad guy.
    in BTTH, green scale was kidnapped because of her eye ability, and the kidnapper like to integrate some of the beast part in to his body. In MGA, ya fei's fiance absorbed people to enhance his strength. I read both on MTL, years ago, so maybe I'm incorrect.
    Also, naruto (manga, sorry). Orochimaru and kabuto.

mrttao likes this.
  6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, you are not saying it's inherently evil, but rather that the examples you can think of are all villains. fair enough. reminds me of this http://dresdencodak.com/2009/09/22/caveman-science-fiction/

Also, Orochimaru is a hero of science!

7. Arcelia

Arcelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock in the Magus World has the MC become what is essentially a human snake.

mrttao likes this.