Recommendations Xianxia/Wuxia with great romance?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by xgelz, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I more or less agree with @H0RR1BL3CPU
    The xianxia genera itself isn't something that supports much romance. Better work in the other direction - a fantastic romance novel, rather then a romantic xianxia novel. Even the female MC xianxia novels, like Genius Doctor Black Belly Miss rely on the same shallow 'overbearing emotional ownership' tropes that make a mockery out of anything a westerner would call a romance. : )

2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No need for you to apologize, people that talk like that are just the worst. My father used to talk the same way, he didn't use abbreviation, but since we was a physicians assistant he knew a lot of doctor jargon. He would bring it up during everyday speech, then act like you were a idiot for not knowing what he was talking about.

On the other hand Robbini might just be so used to using the abbreviation that he did it without thinking. Man sorry I kind of derailed your thread. Douluo Dalu, is got great romance, but I am not sure it is considered xixanxia. It does have cultivation though.

xgelz likes this.
  3. xgelz

xgelz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Ze Tian Ji, haven't read Xian Ni and The Grandmaster Strategies yet, I will try to read it.

4. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really... World of Cultivation does not have a good romance... I've read to the end, it is a bit lacking, especially at the end of the series. It has maybe two romantic portions throughout the entire story. ISSTH is known for the romance being stretched out, yet has more romantic parts.

Ze Tian Ji is far better of a fit, and if you are more towards the polygamy type, Fenglin Tianxia's novels (OEM, TTNH) are somewhat decent.

All of Tian Jia San Shou's series are monogamy based romance, but it is more geared towards young adult readers (reading level).

5. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    i will have to disagree with you on that m8 just because there is no background in your eyes doesn't mean there is non in my view delia liked Linley because love in first sight (kinda ) she (13 year old then i don't really remember) thought that he looked diffrent than everyone else and felt curious and *bam* that kids is how i met your mother ( i meant the show btw) and for ISSTH re read the novel again and tell me there's no character development.

6. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. H0RR1BL3CPU

H0RR1BL3CPU [Hotline to Shiroyukineko] [白酒鬼]

Reading List:
    Link
    For Xu Qing? It's negligible. She's basically steak hung in front of a dog called Meng Hao. she is the reason he does everything but she does more or less nothing. And look at the post marriage arc of Delia and Linley. She was basically a statue or a dog or something but not a love interest. Same can be said about Linley's kids.

Arcturus likes this.
  8. Awe 128

Reading List:
    Link
    omg guys stop hating on delia and xu Qing just because you think that they are shallow and don't have enough background i personally liked the stories and never felt any dissatisfaction towards them.

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    We aren't arguing that the stories aren't above average for webnovels, nor are we saying they aren't entertaining to some degree. We are merely arguing that character development for anyone who is not the MC is sorely lacking. That is all

10. glaxerszz

glaxerszz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why not try MGA. And ATG

11. Awe 128

Reading List:
    Link
    okay i geuss but i really didn't feel any dissatisfaction towards them at all and never noticed anything shallow about them

12. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind BL, there's "The Legendary Master’s Wife" and "Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan".

"The Legendary Master’s Wife" has a (sort of) power couple where MC is working towards being an OP pill cultivator and his love interest is already OP at everything else. It's also a comedy where they both pretend to be less powerful than they are and enjoy trolling everyone.

"Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan" is also a comedy. MC is transmigrated into the body of a minor character who died at the beginning of the webnovel he just finished reading. He hated the ending, and has ended up as the friend of the protagonist and antagonist while they were still children, so he decides to guide them to change the story.

13. xgelz

xgelz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks guys i will try some of your recommendations.

14. IgotKIF

IgotKIF Manny the Manatee

Reading List:
    Link
    IET might be eh, but Renegade Immortal by er gen is a good work with romance imo.

15. purpleeee

purpleeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already been mentioned but Ze Tian Ji fits this

16. Prabin

Prabin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "The Whole World Knows That the Crown Prince Loves Her"