You filthy Paradox fanboys!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ai chan, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, you filthy Paradox fanboys and fangirls. Let's decide once and for all who is the biggest fanboy and fangirl among us. Post the Paradox titles you have played and let's see who have played the most Paradox games. Obviously, games produced by Paradox Development Studios, their partners and subsidiaries gets 5 times more points than games published by Paradox. Expansions do not count unless it vastly makes the game different, such as the difference between Stellaris and Stellaris: Utopia.

Created by Paradox or Paradox sub-companies/partners

Hearts of Iron II
    Hearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron IV

Europa Universalis III
    Europa Universalis IV

Majesty 2

Victoria II

Magicka

Sengoku

Cities in Motion
    Cities: Skylines

Sword of the Stars

Crusader Kings II

War of the Roses

Stellaris
    Stellaris: Utopia

Published by Paradox

East India Company (including all the expansions, Pirate Bay expansion is playable, but felt like it wasn't finished)
    Galactic Civilizations II: Dreadlords
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    Restaurant Empire 2
    Supreme Ruler 2020: Global Crisis
    Supreme Ruler Ultimate

Total Points = 86

Now who has more points than Ai-chan? Also, which games are you currently playing?

LoneWanderer23 likes this.
  2. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    literally none. I'm a filthy casual who plays Total War series instead :ROFLMAO:
    I was considering getting stellaris on sale but considering I just got endless space for $1, think I'll wait to play it before getting any other 4x

Gunji Murgi, Mikey and Ai chan like this.
  3. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of the ones listed in the above:
    EU4(+dlc) ("Currently playing" (within last month))
    Magicka
    Crusader Kings II
    + Mount & Blade: Warband (+dlc) (was Mount & Blade: With fire and sword theirs too?) ("Currently playing" (within last month))

Ai chan likes this.
  4. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Europa Universalis IV
    Cities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings II
    Pillars Of Eternity
    Magicka 2

Mount & Blade
    Mount & Blade: Fire/sword
    War of the Rose
    5*6+4=34

I'm far behind :'(

Ai chan likes this.
  5. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    And I thought we were going to talk about MGQ paradox....

6. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    What's MGQ ? The only thing that come to my mind is a 18+ vore VN ...

7. Zaye

Zaye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Europa universalist and supreme ruler 2020 for me... So, it's only 6 points huh

Ai chan likes this.
  8. Gwylon

Gwylon Magic is dragons!

Reading List:
    Link
    King Arthur
    King Arthur 2
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    Magicka
    Knights of Pen and Paper

30 points here.

Galactic Civilisation 2

2 points

Total 32

Paradox make some great games, never really play their big ones though. Might get the new Hearts of Iron, it looks good.

Ai chan likes this.
  9. Loriel

Loriel [Aspiring Editor][Lover of BL][Pinata Smasher]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know any of these...

Shio likes this.
  10. Ardavix

Ardavix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CK2, EU4 & Stellaris ~ was bummed out by Stellaris and I'm not sure if Utopia'll cut it for me. Imo, there is still not enough content in the game (even with mods) ~ need more races and ships in particular.

Likewise, I've been playing Paradox games since Art of War and (even back then) I was tired of their DLC bullshit ~ I'm on the verge of boycotting them altogether because of the Celestial Empires DLC! It's not even the money anymore; although that is a serious issue! I usually need to wait more than a month to play EU4 after every new DLC because of the mods that I always play with aren't compatible with the new update. Additionally, some mods are not updated and my love for the game wanes more and more with every lost mod. Honestly, F**k paradox at this point. I've been playing the old Rome: Total War recently with the Total Realism mod installed and I'm totally in love with it all over again. This feels so much like when Rome 2 came out ~ glitchy as anything ~ and I tried EU4... sigh...

Ai chan likes this.
  11. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a hillbilly, cos I've never even heard of Paradox before.

12. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm why are those titles not on Y8????
    XD

13. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to get Celestial Empire, but running my laptop at System Requirements told me I won't be able to run it. And also I have no budget for it. So I wanted to put it off. How bad is it?

14. Ardavix

Ardavix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely not a mandatory DLC like Art of War or Common Sense arguably are; however, if you're a EU4 vanilla perfectionist level paradox fanboy then it's worth it. Imo, don't bother; wait until there is a big bundle. Also, in terms of your system req. issues, I believe that there is a memory saving mod for that (not sure if it's updated for 1.21 tho...)

15. HnM_Pete

HnM_Pete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paradox Developed / Published

Crusader Kings
    Crusader Kings: Deus Vult
    Crusader Kings II
    Crusader Kings II: with all DLCs
    Europa Universalis II
    Europa Universalis III
    Europa Universalis IV
    Europa Universalis IV: with all DLCs
    Hearts of Iron II
    Hearts of Iron III
    Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
    Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
    Pillars of Eternity 2015
    Stellaris
    Stellaris with Utopia
    Sword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars II
    Victoria
    Victoria II
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    Warlock II: The Exiled

Paradox Distributed

Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords

Adds up to 106

16. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    DLCs and expansions don't count unless they vastly change gameplay. All the DLCs for Crusader Kings 1 and 2 basically added stuff and doesn't change the base game. Also, the first Majesty was not a Paradox game. Paradox acquired the rights to the Majesty franchise and made Majesty 2. Haven't played Pillars of Eternity yet, wiki said it's their highest rated game ever, but how good is it?

17. HnM_Pete

Reading List:
    Link
    If you count Utopia as being vastly distinct from Stellaris, then you have no ground to argue that CK2 with all DLCs is vastly different from vanilla CK2 ( India and Central Asia on the map for starters ). Deus Vult was a huge upgrade on CK1 and so on. I'm not listing them all for a reason, and I'm not listing the HOI or Victoria DLCs because I agree those are cosmetic.

Majesty 1 was re-released by Paradox in 2012 as Gold Edition once they acquired rights to the franchise, I have both that and the original, so that should count.

Pillars has a very good story and side characters, a nostalgic and well-executed art style, surprisingly not very black-and-white for an Obsidian game. Combat is meh, some bosses are overtuned and require cheesing, or just require a certain party composition. A huge number of skills is useless or underwhelming, so it's easy to level up in a way that'll make you struggle late game too. But on the whole, worth playing a couple of times.

Ai chan likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    But Stellaris and Stellaris Utopia are very different. Utopia reworked the ethos system, removing Collectivist for example and adding something else, created Ascension perks and its support system and changed the weapons system and tactics from Stellaris. So it's basically a similar game with Stellaris skin, but not exactly the basic Stellaris. At least that's my opinion, because I jumped from Stellaris 1.0.0 straight to Stellaris: Utopia, so there is a huge difference in my eyes.

As for CK2, yes, they added new continents and new government system, like Polish tribes and such. But they only added over the base game. The base game still doesn't change. You still marry the same way, recruit soldiers and mercenaries the same way, collecting taxes the same way and changing government policies the same way, unless the later DLCs changed how governments are run and how government policies are changed, in which case, it can be accepted.

Alright, I'll accept Majesty Gold Collection republished by Paradox. I have that one too.

19. HnM_Pete

Reading List:
    Link
    Well CK2 DLCs changed the whole intrigue system, changed the way you raise the kids, completely thrown out the old ways of managing the realm by introducing the council and the concept of powerful vassals, introduced EU's concept of realm threat and aggressive expansion. These days I have to marry differently, value different character stats, have to use completely different strategies to keep my vassals under control and have to constantly push back against my council's attempts to limit my authority and ability to do things ( there's nothing more infuriating than the council refusing you permission to declare war because there's "no glory to be had" )

Ai chan likes this.
  20. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    You got it. This isn't really the place for deeper discussion, but the game is top tier even without the 18+ scenes. The story is deep and interesting with even deeper lore. And especially the game mechanics are on point, for instance if you have null resistance to any element like lightning and are attacked but an lightning physical move. you'd take scaled physical damage instead the taking no damage. Seriously the gameplay is solid !

A (not) good buddy of mine got me to play it and I quite surprised of how good it is. Even though it was my first exposure to vore... stayed for the game. But i'm not looking for anything other than the games completion with part two on the horizon. I'd recommend if your open minded to less than savory content.