Discussion Youjo Senki anime talk

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot wait for the fifth and sixth episode! If the anime follows the trend of 1 episode per chapter, we will get 5th chapter on fifth, right?

2. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the anime is not stray too far from the LN, but what is wrong with the quality. I mean, Tanya is a cold beauty. cute yet she can kill you with her gaze, but I don't get it from the anime. :(

3. Deleted member 43009

Deleted member 43009 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude the Anime just made her a psychotic/evil villian

juniorjawz likes this.
  4. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    FTFY.

5. Adastria Lillith

Reading List:
    Link
    Nnn~ i mean her expression. No matter villain or hero, her face and expression in anime is like total failure.. :( i know i shouldn't talk big when i can't even draw, but it feels like blasphemy towards the original description of Tanya. She has a cold gaze that can kill you, like a predator toying with its prey. I think with the description she can take role of a villain alright. But when i see the anime, what i see is just an op loli :(

6. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because you're projecting the images from the novel which tends to make it seems more grandeur than it actually is, also your imagination feels like the correct one since it's personal. I'm not saying current anime designs are perfect, just reminding you that this is pretty much a common case everytime anything adapted from novels. This is also the reason why some people prefer not to watch novel adaptations since it's hit and miss between their personal imagination and the creator's.

7. Adastria Lillith

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I mean look at the illustrations from the novel, they are perfect. I think those illustrations are official right since they're put on the LN printed edition too? So i think the one who draw illustration and anime are different.
    get.png

A18692-2086134528.1477933140.jpg

First, Their eyes are completely different. And then i think the devilish look from the anime is more like psychopath rather than cold beaud beauty. So yea, I'm not glorifying mw own imagination, but i can say this because I've found perfect illustration of Tanya, then i saw the anime and it feels like fan fiction rather than official, from the drawing though, not the story.

Edit: rather than saying fan fiction, i think it's more like when a character is played by different actors. You know, like when they say for example daniel craig is the perfect picture of James Bond, then someone else play the next James Bond movies and you will find it somewhat lacking, right?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  8. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I mentioned in the other thread the evils of the studio's translation engine, but this episode it's gotten even worse, with one line of the recruitment ad being left in japanese while the rest is in english (more or less).

9. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good anime. One of the rare examples of a excellent Anime adaptation.

10. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As one of the biggest novel+manga fan, who kill my brain using MTL to read both the Off. and Web Novel, and a person completely in love with Tanya from the deepest part of my soul even though he is a dude on the inside. Since she is, in my eyes, the most ideal MC compare to most of all those other idiots you call MC character out there.

I am really surprise over the divide on how the anime watcher and novel+manga reader feel about this anime.

Seriously it just a continous argument over the quality of this anime.

Usually the light novel and manga reader would defend the integrity of the adapted work, but here they are only throwing more criticism then love about its artwork, which is understandable, but the anime watchers instead was blown away by Tanya awesomeness even while her beautiful appearance got downgraded to a toad. Yet she was still able to outshine other series this season through sheer character alone. And made this Anime one of the biggest dark horse this season.

Personally I find this anime good because although it made a mess of the first volume, we can finally see what lies in the second Volume of this novel, because lets face it, although we can all appreciate the translators for the manga and novel, there speed of release is simply too slow and most would not dare touch it due to the sheer difficulty of translating this work. So the only thing left to tell us what lies ahead in this story is, you all guess it, this Anime because if it takes years to translate this phone book college thesis of a novel, we may never see the ending of this story within our span of interest before the next big thing arrive that will make us forget about this unpolish gem left to be cover in dust due to time.

Nazgand, qwertzuiop and NekoMK2 like this.
  11. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I like how the anime didn't show the anime in chronological order.
    It really immerses you into the war and fantasy at first, while showing how ruthless the MC is.
    Then it goes to actually tell a story, with snippets at the end of every episode which are quite interesting.

NekoMK2 likes this.
  12. Redo

Redo 『God Tier Fanon BRO』 『Swordsaint Puppeteer』 \></

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the manga better.

13. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the anime 10/10, and am looking forward to the next season. I haven't read the novel or manga yet.

14. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha.. i love this anime i really wait every saturday to watch it i love the cruel, merciless Tanya Degurechaff.. :) :)

15. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too i first saw the anime then the manga and last the novel.

16. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched the anime of youjo senki its a good anime but the anime portrays tanya as really evil if you read the novel or the manga you would know she's not that bad i mean sure she can be cold and logical but that's how she is she not evil to be begin with also visha her first subordinate loves the shit out of her she doesn't see her as anything evil.

17. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    She's evil though? I mean, that's kinda the whole point of the novels.

She kills people mercilessly, she disregards others for her own personal benefit....
    She joined the army because of personal gain.

18. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    The right word is egotistical~~

What she does is not evil in my book~~
    Yeah she should kill people merciless there the enemy right~?
    yeah she disregards other which also being egotistical~~

19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Sir, it seems we have another brainwashed one, what should we do with him?

Reddu likes this.
  20. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The warning in compliance with international law was great in episode 5.