Youjo Senki

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by vsukio, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga has the republican troops looking more like Napoleonic wars era troops with those fancy clothes, whereas this PV has them actually looking more like WW1 era troops. As for the Imperial troops, they're more or less unchanged, with a bit of WW1 pickelhelmets and uniform between WW1 and WW2.

As for what's very likely the republican mages... what the hell were those... 'metal horses' they were riding in the PV instead of flying?
    What in the nine nether hells?

Did they try to go for the whole 'Armored Knight' like in the manga (not yet translated chapter) with full body armour flying around in the sky with something resembling a Bren gun ,but then just remove the armor and instead use a metal horse? What? What?

As for the manga version of the imperial mage gear, they're more or less in uniform from 1940s-forward, and something resembling a MG34 / 42, or a similar version of K98.

Yeah, I have no idea.

That being said, i'll still try to watch the episodes as soon as they come out, unless I get really disappointed by it.

2. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    nooooooooooooooooooooo, artist why?

3. kazaki

kazaki [Likes Sleep]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah pretty much just the main character, though they do have child soldiers.

4. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna watch this only cause of novel and cause i'm realy hyped for this
    If i'd consider this artwork

5. kazaki

kazaki [Likes Sleep]

Reading List:
    Link
    Overall I wish they went more with the novel style or at least the manga's which is similar. I feel like they captured the war feel well with the gritty colors and dark backgrounds, but wow the style for the females are really out of place. Yeah she had big eyes in the novel and manga too, but they were so gorgeous it actually fit.

6. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    First thought: Loli Dio?

7. Needhydra

Needhydra Everything is on Fire

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong upto chapter 5 in the manga is translated. New guy picked it up and pushed out 3 4 5 today

8. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes well, I wrote that before I atleast had read those chapters, possibly before the site I use had posted them. Still, there's 11 chapters in the raws.

9. Needhydra

Needhydra Everything is on Fire

Reading List:
    Link
    ok after watching the pv wtf did they do to vish and tanya its like they tried to make it so they are more expressive but just messed up the art style. they needed to take a lesson from girls und panzer and first squad. the latter being eastern front ww2 with some magic that has some physiological stuff.

10. orz

orz New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the art for anime choose different style..
    background, sound was over my expectation.. it was very decent.
    chara art was bad idea. the man on PV look like generic military ojisan char from every anime
    girl in this using big eye, chubby cheeky. make it unbalance. but on the other side tanya face when he smile at last PV was outstanding :3

let give it a try....

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit disappointed with this PV... I was kinda hyped for this anime, but the art style of it kinda killed it for me...

I guess I'll just stick to the novel...

12. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    That was sexy lips

Art is fine for me. I just want to hear tanya voice..

13. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like they messed up the character designs to me, at least for the female characters.

14. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaand so anime was releasr today or yesterday and artist sucks but it was good

15. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it somehow weak, it lacks the oomph of the novel or the manga... Even the spells and explosions are unimpressive...
    The trailers had a gritty look, but this is not really found in the anime leaving a "everybody is overly shiny there" kind of feeling.
    And the lips of the female characters would even make Yukito Kishiro cringe :sick:

For now, I'm quite disapointed, I hope it will get better later on.

PS : and Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov look stupid :eek:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. Mael

Mael Took Me Long Enough To Get This Title

Reading List:
    Link
    watched the first ep. I think they swapped the chronological order of several events.

17. Reddu

Reddu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they wanted to make viewers more interested to this animation by starting it from the point when the war really took off (At least for Tanya). But I still think that they will show us how she/he met the person X and how they developed the prototype-95.

So far I am liking the animation. Reason might be because I haven't watched one for a long time so my standards have been lowered.

18. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    The second episode is waaaay better than the first, it should have been used as the first one instead of weakening the start of the anime with an encompassing "start in the middle of it" that sourly lacked of impact.
    It's not for nothing that the author started it that way, disregarding the original work rythm and style so much really hamper this anime, but that what anime adaptations usually are (konosuba had became some kind of fanservice clusterfuck with unecessary close buttshots and jiggly boobshots everywhere, but at least they try to stay on track for everything else...).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  19. siwakotisaurav

siwakotisaurav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm probably the only one who hasn't read the novel or the manga but has watched the show here. Considering I find nearly every anime cringy these days with me having to skip a few minutes ever so often(pretty normal after watching nearly every popular anime I believe), I guess this anime suits my taste as I have yet to skip even the intro or the outro

Was I the only one who wasn't over-hyped and then led down by the bad art style(apparently)?

Edit: Probably just me but my favorite was the jewel activation sequence.

20. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn.. I love the ending