Your Role in MMORPG Party

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by LivingCorpse, Mar 3, 2016.

?

Which role are you in the party?

1. A Knight (Tank)

10 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. A Mage (Magic Damage)

24 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. A Warrior (Damage/Tank)

14 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. A Hunter (Long Range Damage)

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. A Priest/Cleric (Healer)

23 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. A Rogue/Thief (Damage/Support)

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. A Ninja (Damage)

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. A Samurai (Damage/Tank)

11 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. A Marksman (Long Range Damage)

12 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. A Magic Knight (Magic Damage/Tank)

12 vote(s)
    6.8%
  11. A Paladin (Damage/Healer)

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  12. An Assassin (Damage)

25 vote(s)
    14.2%
  13. A Bard (Support)

3 vote(s)
    1.7%
  14. A Berserker (Damage)

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  15. An Adventurer (No Role)

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  16. I'm a Solo Player (Whatever, Kirito)

40 vote(s)
    22.7%
  17. I'm a Crafter (Blacksmith, Tailor, etc)

17 vote(s)
    9.7%
  18. The guy who always goes Leeroy Jenkins, killing everybody

8 vote(s)
    4.5%
  19. The 10 years old who always blame everyone

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  20. A Shaman (Magic/Support)

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  21. A Tamer (Support)

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  22. A Necromancer (Support/Damage)

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of like healing role, but my targeting suck (well, actually not only in targeting/locking). I pity the party that has me as healer.
    Still remember that one time I went to a dungeon and the other player kept saying "dodge, dodge! Don't get stunned" since I get stunned and killed a lot by AoE spell.

2. KuroShiroe

KuroShiroe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly tank and sometimes go for a warrior with a focus in dps. I always do a decent job in tanking, not good enough that they will give a vote but not bad enought to get yelled by an angry dude...... Well there was one time that I was overleveled for something as a high class tank in ffxiv and killed mobs on my own since it was faster but got kicked out of the party because of it.

3. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked Kirito solo player thingy

who wants to be my asuna? :)

4. KuroOkami

KuroOkami [Bad wolf]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like The Mage Knight better, but he isn't in a lot of game, so I will said the marksman

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    I always play as a Mage in any online game, and love playing solo, I don't like sharing any loots that's why.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  6. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    Crafter with pet/summon or support (hexer)
    • artisan (rf-online)
    • barbarian+blacksmith (81keys)
    • beastmaster+tailor (ro2)
    • enchanter+refiner (3kingdoms)
    • summoner+bopae (blade&soul)

7. anjoman15

anjoman15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i always play knight cause cool armor and stuff. i also usually play the meme jobs

8. ibekaya

ibekaya RARE SPECIES !!! DANGEROUS CREATURES !!!

Reading List:
    Link
    A cheater. it's sure win

9. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I main healer class for more then 10 years and am retiring from it. Just don't have the time and don't want to bother keeping up.

These days, I play offset tank that main dps, or dps support that uses either sword, spear, or fist. I don't like playing full tank class with low damage. class that are survivalist and don't have trouble soloing.

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked "tanking" in Tera online, because there was more incentive to dodge the damage you could and time blocks / parries than just mindlessly follow a set skill rotation. Especially so in solo play actually, where you wouldn't have some healer to back you up every time you made a mistake.

I personally like things like magic knights, spell swords, arcane warriors, etc , but usually that's not a viable option (if any at all) for the "evasive tank" & dps role I like to play.

Illustration of what I mean (watch from 7:29, though I'd also recommend watching the entire thing later):

That said the game overall is pretty shit, but it's still the best mmo imo, so in effect I don't actually play any mmorpgs at all anymore. Maybe I'll give Black Desert a shot.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  11. heishiken

heishiken yarvic001 Hell Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    In pretty much every game I either go as a Mage or Warlock, if they have it (and if mages are rubbish and they have nor warlock, I'm alwaysa rogue)

Though I hope they finally make a game with a Story like wow,combat like Terra and Skill System like Rift. And no casual Raid/instances.

12. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Played WoW (wrath of the lich king) for few years (later went private server cuz Wotlk best expension eva :D)
    Rogue (PvP/ PvE) love stealth and ability to control enemies the way i want to , thought if i do single mistake i can get ra.... recked i mean :D
    Priest (PvP as Healer) i loved doing 2v2 as discipline priest , strong protection shields , timely dispells etc , loved dispelling enemies buffs before they get chance to use them (EX: Paladins "bubble" to stay invincible was pointless vs decent discpline priest) or magic based cc (crowd control skills) from my team mates , which made meeting discipline priest in arena quite painful for other people , oh did i mention i could use mana burn? to drain the F**** out of other healers?
    and Warlock (PvP) decent cc , decent dmg , decent survivability and it was my first character to reach max level

I played other classes too , almost all of them with exception of one or two , but those three above was my most played , especially rogue and priest

Tbh in most mmorpg i played first choice for class is assasin/rogue type character :)

13. Recklezz

Recklezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A warrior berserk er if possible, I mainly like melee in general. The kind that rush ahead and fight like the enhancement shaman in wow, the dk and of course the warrior my favorite. World of warcraft tries to make the warrior a berserker which it isn't however many other games like diablo has made a fine representation of what a berserk er is.

14. winter woods

winter woods [no Title]

Reading List:
    Link
    solo adventure i guess going solo cause have no friends playing mmorpg s they play their own things im forced to party for dungs thou thats bodersome cause some guys just are all over the place and since i go solo i try to make an all rounder char i suppose but thats not possible so im forced with range or melee and the choice is melee mostly tank melee if possible.
    in wow i chose dk in the time it wasnt nurfed paladin was my favorite a dwarf paladin lol :D in eso (elder scrolls online) i picked the dragon knight guys cause of the self regen abbillity tho not that affecting in pvp but good enough for pve if you know that its like in cyrodill thats the highlight of my mmorpg i guess