Spoiler Ze Tian Ji latest RAW discussion

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DarkBlue, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw the thread about Release That Witch latest raw and just had to make one for this novel, Ze Tian Ji.

After binge re-reading the translation from beginning and then reading the mtl on lnmtl till chapter 1151(edit) I've got to say that Ze Tian Ji is one of the most well written, well thought out novel with the most adorable characters. For what else can you call the romance between Chen Changshen and Xu Yurong, but adorable~ Especially when they meet and Chen Changshen recognizes her after fighting on that bridge. And then, they roam the capital together under the yellow umbrella~

I especially like the current arc. It shows how far Xu Yurong is willing to go for Chen Changshen and also how firm Chen Changshen can be in his beliefs. And have to say, in the whole novel, my most favorite character is not the MC but Tang Thirty Six. The swords he hid before while joking are now the MC's only(?) hope of defeating his master XD While everyone is surprised how Chen Changshen pulled a sword out of a tree, Tang Thirty Six overcomes his paralysis just to boast, "I hid it there!". Then when the MC pulled out another sword from under a pool, everyone looks at Tang Thirty Six and asks him, "Just how many and where have you hidden?" and he's all, "Everywhere!"

On that note, I hope his master gives up soon~ But if he gives up so soon, then Ze Tian Ji won't be Ze Tian Ji~ That sweet aftertaste of the height in the story after all that build up makes it worthwhile~

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Justcallmejust, NiQuinn and akki like this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    (≧ω≦) ty for the spoiler~ i don't wanna mtl it cuz it bothersome~

3. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the latest chapter seems to hint Shang Xingzhou's lost in the battle by the end of the chapter. XYR is indeed the best waifu.

4. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? Although the chapter is named Shang Xingzhou's loss, the end is not clear. He has his hands around the MCs neck while the MC has bloodied him with his swords. Just how did he lose?
    Oh wait... Is it coz Shang Xingzhou used power above Saint level? As one of the rules was to suppress his cultivation to below Saint level... That could be it~

So, on that note~ Yay~ the MC won~ In the face for all those who expected him to lose~!!

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some nice spoils here~ I'm tempted to read the machine translations. Must resist...

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    go read it there great battle ahead~

7. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he lost because CCS would have killed him but stopped.

8. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the rules were, if SXZ dies or admits defeat, then CCS wins and vice versa. Also, cultivation at below Saint level (since they were initially fighting in the Zhou Garden) was implied by Lord Wang.

So, I guess stopping before killing SXZ wouldn't count as CCS's win but forcing him to use cultivation above Saint level would.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  9. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew, lots of things have happened in the last 2-3 chapters.

CCS officially won though SXZ still refuses to admit defeat. Then CCS counters his words by saying, "Master, if you cannot admit defeat, then at least admit your mistake." XD
    And then, you can see his words hit the mark XD
    SXZ admits to himself that the reason he distanced himself from CCS was not because he disliked CCS but because he did not want to be emotionally attached. And that he was aware of Yu Ren who comforted CCS when CCS came to know about his impending death and cried under his blanket at night (CCS cried, not SXZ). That he knew that he was only master in name, but CCS was raised and taught by YR.

SXZ let's go of CCS's throat and leaves without saying a word.
    CCS then tells XQR that he won and he didn't cry. That was touching~
    T36 tells WZC to go away and that he won't make him stay for dinner XD
    And YR and CCS meet for the first time after he became Emperor. It's implied that they talked but the convo (if they did talk) isn't included.
    In the end, CCS won and his position and authority is undisputed throughout the whole Orthodoxy and Court as they all kneel to him.
    Phew~ good end~ arc ended or is ending soon~

Justcallmejust and NiQuinn like this.
  10. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tfw you want to mtl but can't get into it

11. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can somebody give me spoilers about his relationship with Xu Yurong? The translations are just up to the point that they've met but not know they are who they are. Will she find out? C'mon guys! Help here! What was her reaction? Sweet spoilers come!

12. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    XYR and CCS are engaged although it was something they kinda decided upon themselves without telling others (there were no official announcements to the world, just them treating each others as fiances) in the latest raws. The world knows they love each other.
    XYR finds out about CCS' identity first as Su Li kept the umbrella which XYR recognized to be the one she carried in Zhou Garden and should belong to CCS. This led her to realize that Xu Sheng is CCS. XYR returns to capital and fights CCS (she doesnt show her appearance) because of the differences in beliefs between DQ and Pope while they are their successors. Before the fight, XYR secretely enters Orthodox Academy to confirm CCS' identity but finds Mo Yu on his bed. Mo Yu explains herself but then tells XYR that CCS and his friends were in the restaurant. Tang 36 invited some female servants in the drinking party but CCS doesnt dare to touch them and acted awkwardly since he felt a cold stare on him. XYR then laughed at his cute reaction of which Mo Yu commented that she is laughing like an aunty in some unknown village that plays Mahjong all day (XYR loves to play Mahjong, and she plays with those village aunties too!). XYR didnt tell CCS that Chen Chujian is her because she wanted to know how strong CCS became after actually learning from a teacher in the way of swords. Their strengths are about equal but because CCS snatched both the swords, XYR surrenders. XYR wanted to meet him later but her hat and veil was sliced in half as she was about to leave, causing CCS to be surprised.
    CCS was really cute in this scene as he wanted to talk but was too embarassed; therefore, he turned his head towards the mountain while his ears were red (they were fighting on a bridge on top of a lake).
    Theres more, but ill stop there.

adwaitv10 and NiQuinn like this.
  13. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? WHY??? Why on earth would you stop there? XS

14. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    Coz you only asked about their first meeting... If you want to know more, then I'll tell you. Be warned the events I tell you may occur in a different sequence than the one I mention...

Anyways, before leaving XYR gives a slip to CCS. According to it, they meet on the same bridge at night.

Before leaving Orthodox Academy, CCS asks T36 about what to wear XD
    T36 is surprised and asks CCS what's the matter and CCS refuses to reply. Looking to his reply, T36 guesses that it's a girl and let's him go (but not without swearing to follow him the next time he leaves to meet a girl at night).
    Lol, he even asks CCS who the girl he is meeting with is and CCS replies, "if I tell you it's XYR, will you believe me?" T36 laughs at his face only to come to know CCS was telling the truth when he really follows CCS to his next 'date'.

Anyways, they meet at night and walk through the streets (incognito) together under the yellow umbrella. Then, they stop to eat at a small restaurant and overhear people talking about their battle and comment on their relationship. Both of them blush. XYR teases CCS while CCS blushes (actually, this goes on throughout their walk+eating+consequent return walk). They decide to base their opinion of each other from what they have seen and not from rumors+second-hand-talk-from-friends.
    Lol, at one point CCS comments that she looks beautiful and XYR teases him saying "So didn't think I looked beautiful when we previously met (in Zhou Garden)?"
    CCS smoothly (and with a straight face) replies something like, "you looked beautiful there also. The you then and the you now are both beautiful in a different way."
    And now, it's XYR's turn to blush~

Anyways, after their date, CCS goes back to the Academy and tries to sleep but can't. So he goes to the palace and waits below XYR's window. He doesn't have the ability to go up there and see her without being detected. Lo, and behold, even XYR is unable to sleep and when she opens the window, she sees CCS down there and invites him up. They spend majority of the night talking before falling asleep just like in Zhou Garden.

adwaitv10 and NiQuinn like this.
  15. NiQuinn

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooh I love this. Thank you. It keeps me very much alive today. Work has been a killer but this sweet overload of these two lil cuties has fueled me anew. Thank you!

16. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    Just some corrections.
    T36 does laugh at him for stating it was XYR he was meeting, but he doesnt know until XYR enters the Orthodox Academy the following day. The quote about XYR being beautiful at present and in Zhou Garden was said by CCS in the tournament in Cold Mountain, not when they had their first date. Their conversation on the first date is rather serious with XYR stating that they are enemies because of their superiors (DQ and Pope being in opposition). CCS then replied that he forgot about that and gave her the land rights that he asked from the Pope because he thought she was from the Spirit Girl Clan. This moved her as he forgot the rather unnecessary things yet remembered the thing about her responsibility (XYR's Zhou Garden identity is Chen Chujian, the leader of the new generation of Spirit Girl Clan. CCS learned of the pressure she bears and wanted to help her by giving her clan the land they deserve).

NiQuinn likes this.
  17. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess i would like some links for those extra 400 chapters you've read, we want the whole story too.

18. patcan3609

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume he read it on LNMTL or that he got a wrong chapter numbering

19. DarkBlue

Reading List:
    Link
    I did say the chronological order might be different~ I did read the mtl during heavy work hours for stress relief~

Wrong numbering XD