Question Ze Tian Ji Timeline

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Liron, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I've been confused as hell for a while about the timeline regarding the coup in Hundred Herbs Garden and the fall of the Orthodox Academy. Because, well, if I remeber right, the coup was 200 years ago and the matter with the Academy was 20.

Thing is, it was implied that Changsheng came from the Sacred Light Continent, but is Tianhai's son. And the Chen clan guys that escaped to SLC did so when she rose in power, that is, 200 years ago (right?). Then comes my questions:

If Changsheng really is her son, how did he end up in SLC 20 years ago and who sent him there, just to be sent back shortly after (when Daoist Ji found him)?

And if the coup was 200 years ago, how is it that Tianhai got pregnant from the Xian Emperor? Or did she just take the throne 200 years ago and no one said a thing (why?) until 20 years ago (in that case the coup and the Orthodox Academy thing would be the same I think).

I think it is important to mention that after the previous translation stopped I haven't read it until just a month ago, so we have a 2 year gap for important info to fade from my memory.

2. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    its all about magic

3. maosatella

maosatella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to answer this but now that I think about you are right the time line makes no sense ,it's like a giant plot hole .Hopefully someone else will enlighten us.
    Edit :(maybe there is a secret father idk

4. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    The husband of the Empress was Emperor Xian , son of Taizong.
    Emperor Xian was a puppet ,but he didn't died 2 hundred years ago.
    CCS can be a descendant of the guys that escaped to SLC , but that would mean that he's not the Empress' son.

Let's see , this is what i think happened.
    200 hundred years ago:
    Taizong died
    The Empress - who was part of the Taizong's harem - was exiled to hundred herbs garden
    In the HHG he met Daoist Ji and the Pope , afte that she learned of the secret to change fate , married Emperor XIan and manipulated him and the country . although sha wasn't yet the Empress , she had all the power.
    20 years ago- something triggered the Empress and killed a lot of people .
    The Empress had more than one child , tho they 're all dead ,except for Yu Re or CCS , she's not sterile.
    As for why she had childrens , even after her oath to the heavens , i don't know.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. bassa

bassa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she was pregnant when she changed her fate and became empress after he was born he was kidnaped after that i dont get it either but probably the person who took him did go to SLC and after that he was return or something

6. hypersheep325

hypersheep325 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me clarify the timeline for you. When Taizong was still Emperor, the Divine Empress became a part of his harem. At some point in this period, the Divine Empress offended Taizong in some manner and was exiled to the Hundred Herb Garden. It was there that she made the oath that changed her fate. After Taizong died, Xian became Emperor. Because Emperor Xian had a weak constitution, two hundred years ago, he decided to hand over management of the government to the Divine Empress, so Emperor Xian was still alive and the Divine Empress was simply ruling in his name. Twenty years ago, Emperor Xian finally died, and the Divine Empress, rather than passing on the throne to one of Emperor Xian's sons (which he had with his concubines) chose to take the throne herself. This triggered the disapproval of Shang Xingzhou, the Principal of the Orthodox Academy, which resulted in the bloody battle at the Orthodox Academy.

You also seem to be conflating the Hundred Herb Garden coup with the Orthodox Academy incident. The Hundred Herb Garden coup occurred at least a thousand years ago when Taizong forcefully made himself heir by killing his brothers at the Hundred Herb Garden. It was also at this time that the families of those brothers that Taizong killed fled to the Sacred Light Continent.

I hope this clarifies matters for you.

Shratath, Liron and Lazybum0 like this.
  7. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it did. Thank you very much! And good job on the translations!

8. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    It cannot be any clearer.

9. bassa

bassa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that CCS got his sunwheel broken when she changed her fate, and did she got pregnant just before the Emperor Xian died ???

10. hypersheep325

hypersheep325 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Changsheng had his sun wheel destroyed when he was still a baby in the womb, not when the Divine Empress made the oath to change her fate. It can be assumed that her getting pregnant and giving birth and Emperor Xian's death occurred very close to each other.