Forgotten Title transported/reincarnated hero jpn (Found: Atelier Tanaka)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by mystichead, Jan 10, 2016.

1. mystichead

mystichead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys,
    I remember reading a series with a few chapters translated... and I forgot which one it was...
    Note there are spoilers in my description:

The Character was male, jpn, pretty sure it was someone older than 20 cuz he considered himself old in front of other normal adventurers
    -Cant remember if he was reincarnated or transported
    -His primary ability which he was AMAZING at was healing
    -He originally didnt realize how amazing his healing was
    -Later learnt fire and burnt an orc lord to crisp when he was inches close about to punch him, and the temp group he joined who didnt respect him were shocked cuz he was UBER powerful..but said his Healing was stronger
    -Went to school? or town where he found the ojou sama from the party

Mod (remy) edit: edited out the slurs

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
  2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to be 'that guy' but please refrain from typing jap and use JP instead, Jap is a derogatory term or slur. Although I know you don't mean it that way, just 'the more you know' right?

4. TokenZero

TokenZero Mystic Sanctuary: Divine Fairy

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't read but based on things I heard it sounds like Atelier Tanaka

5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of Isekai no Meikyuu Toshi de Chiyu Mahoutsukai Yattemasu, but i think it's wrong

7. Agni

Agni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    derogatory? In what way? I thought it only means japanese, is it tumblr only slang?

9. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people are overly sensitive when it comes to words, and just want like to defend something even when no hurt was made.

10. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recall, it is from WW2 era. "Jap" was used in a derogatory way to refer to the Japanese. We rarely think of it in such a way anymore, but it does still carry that connotation for some people.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  11. Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, those pointless white Knighting. Guess some people like to hurt themselves over nothing, pure M.

12. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I no interest in being a white knight nor am I some pure innocent guy who thinks women are glass and fighting is meant to be words only but if we are all taking an interest in JP novels in Chinese novels why would I make a reference to a work done by them with a title although not as well known as a slur is still one. There are still plenty of people living from that era and who knows if someone will go to Japan and refer to such a person as a Jap only to get there as handed to them by a 80 or something year old guy (can happen). Say what you will but as a black man I am a little sensitive to words and don't go around putting Chink, wetback, cracker, or other things in reference to works done by foreign or native novelist.

You all use Japanese words as reference to each other and carry images of anime or manga characters yet can't even bother to learn a bit of culture reference? Shouldn't you be embarrassed?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Shio likes this.
  13. Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah i'm egoist by nature, why should i be embarrassed because of that matter. I study what interest me, anime and manga does hold interest for me but culture reference, not so much. Its like liking hamburger but hating pickle for me.

Although i must agree throwing slur word like that is not smart in real world situation. That i can agree with you, since in real world situation it have negative implications.

14. mystichead

mystichead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys
    It is indeed Atelier Tanaka...
    lol the response was quicker than i expected... I put the question and went to sleep... and come to see my thread being filled lol
    on the otherhand maybe i should have used the term JP rather than jap..... granted even in reality it doesnt carry that connotation anymore even with the japanese americans in my neighborhood or me schoolmates...

granted it was only 4-5 decades ago where there was still an unofficial "bash a jap day/week" that ppl used to do...where they would damage japanese cars in our region.... kinda like mischief night around halloween which assholes use to throw eggs at peoples windows

anyway Thanks all

15. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Jap" is still a racial slur, at the very least in American English. While it's not commonly used anymore, it is what it is.
    Anymore talk of "lulz whiteknight" = warning points.