Question Dao Type, well something like that...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Scratcher, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About everything you can think of is somehow or another part of a Dao.
    Depending on where you are( /the author) a Brick can be part of the Dao of Brick or Dao of Stone, Dao of Straw, ...

If you like something, then think about what Dao it could be part of.

If you, for example, like to chat via computer, you might study the Dao of Calligraphy or the Dao of Small Talk, which is part of the Dao of Chattiness...

The combinations are limitless

Raven_King likes this.
  2. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep Dao's are like @Raven_King said an understanding about a subject the more complex the subject a greater effort is needed to understand it.

Raven_King likes this.
  3. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    You can see them as Laws the reign the universe.
    Every important concept can be a dao , cause and effect , creation , chaos/destruction, time , elements, ying and yang , Life and Death , Fate ,emotions, etc.
    In TMW there was a mention of 3, 000 daos , of course there wasn't a description for them all tho.

It depends of the author

quote from Desolate Era
    The dao can also represent a way of life , for example Meng Hao that "follows" the dao of freedom or CCS that follos the dao of heart.

4. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really since different authors give the Daos different priorities.
    In MW the Dao of Wind, Fire and Thunder are rather easy to learn, while in DE the Dao of Wind and Dao of Thunder are grand daos and the Dao of Fire even a heavenly one.

The only thing most authors seem to agree to is, that the Daos of Space, Time and Chaos are difficult

5. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of them, it has a cultivation system sorta crossing Desolate Era and Coiling Dragon. I think it first mentions the spear dao in like chapter 5 or something, really gets into it more in later volumes, its worth the read.

6. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    And life and death. Light/Dark are also generally harder ones.

7. Scratcher

Scratcher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zariox yeah thanks to that, i absolutely agree with u, but the thing i want to know is Dao types in Xuanhuan/Xianxia literature, if we talk about real life, then we can talk from the very basic, difference between human-animal and animal-animal, with that we will realized almost everyone in Xuanhuan animal-animal who somehow got understanding they are human-animal (by Author grace of course) LOL but with this talk we already run of from my purpose creating this Thread XD

8. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Scratcher

Scratcher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hacalyhd oh, geez, thank for your info then, i thought they (Author) have same understanding, so, thats why i cant find any Dao Type in google search engine.
    @Ged Merrilin so, the understandsing about Dao or informastion about Dao (Type) spread acros the novel? not concentrate at 1 arc?

10. Scratcher

Scratcher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    The interpretation that is use in Xianxia/xuanhuan novels shouldn't be taken too seriously , it's a bit bullshiting after all.
    The dao is that kind of vague and esoteric concept that isn't supposed to be interpreted with words

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
    The name that can be named is not the eternal name
    The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
    The named is the mother of myriad things
    Thus, constantly free of desire One observes its wonders Constantly filled with desire One observes its manifestations
    These two emerge together but differ in name
    The unity is said to be the mystery Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

aattss and DesuDiem like this.
  12. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    The dao lost me since the beginning ... All i know is that it can mean "a way" but there are fucking billions of ways it seems with different names .. Rip

13. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I think so, could peter out once he passes transcendent stage, but I doubt that'll happen.

14. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    All those "Dao" just seem like plain old obsessions to me, like an otaku would be following the dao of anime or manga.
    What counts as a Dao will depend entirely on the author, in some cases there will be a fixed number of them but in other cases anything could count if the person is focused/obsessed enough.

15. Zariox

Zariox 『Professional Wordmaster of Bullshit』『Alien Lv79』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, that's the point im going to: Everything can be a dao. chinese literature with "dao" themes... Can be absolutely everything you can think of, that's why having a list is stupid. I mean, I told you that a baker follows the dao of the bread, or some shit like that, right? Well, if -> I <- can think of a random dao, the authors too. Basically, almost every word, action or meaning can be a dao as long as you put some thought in it. lol

Nimroth likes this.
  16. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from desolate era there is also the dao of yin-yang (they call it something else, but googling that says its just another name for yinyang).
    there is also dao of lotus

From ISSTH there are a ton of them. The dao of blood, the dao of sacrificing your family and loved ones (this is a very very popular and common one since it is apparently an easy yet powerful one), the dao of devil, the dao of freedom (MC's main dao and a super powerful one), the dao of a solar eclipse... basically, everything is a dao. you just need to have a belief and then pump magic into it and you form yourself a dao

18. Takumi168

Takumi168 『Forever Alone Guild』『Boredom sect』『Merchant』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if there's ever going to be a novel where an reincarnated soul from modern Earth gets born into these world's. They can master the daother of physics and chemistry. (Quantum theory? Strings?) lol

mrttao likes this.
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for some reason they always completely forget about the whole science thing and just go cultivate like a primitive

Zariox likes this.
  20. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    In some cases it even come with a claim about modern science being inferior or a mistake even though at the very least the scientific process would be of some use.

Takumi168 and mrttao like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.