Renegade Immortal/Xian Ni PSA

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Atros, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To everyone who read Xian Ni back when it was still being called Xian Ni and couldn't get into it: Seriously, go give it another try on wuxiaworld. I needed something to read for a couple hours without net access so I grabbed an epub, and oh my god. I could not get into the novel at all with the original translation and dropped it as garbage, but now I'm really into it. I'm not even up to where I was when I gave up on it before, so I'm spoilered 100% on my reread, but it's still so much better. I don't even remember clearly what it was about the previous translation that turned me off; just the writing never grabbed me, but the new translation is a world of difference.

If you're not into Er Gen, this novel won't change your mind; but it's a really solid Er Gen work, and the new translation really helps to deliver that.

Raven_King likes this.
  2. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the light my friend!! Or should I say the dark side? Truthfully I consider this novel to be much better than ISSTH... just my opinion though!!

Abchew4, Lithit and TH3unknown like this.
  3. illusorum

illusorum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is a great novel, especially when he gets stronger, which is actually strange because novels typically get worse as they get stronger. It really is a great read though.

4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    all hail Wang Lin

5. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    In a spoiler please (vaguely) say around where the story us noe

6. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... someone else wanna weigh in on this? 'Cause I'm not caught up so I've got nothin'.

7. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got stuck around chapter 93. I found that chapter SO BORING. Read it stopped half way gave up. Read it stopped half way dropped the series. I don't even remember what the story is about.

If I ever do pick it up again I'd have to reread all the previous chapters again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Er Gen, but I've only ever read ISSTH, AWE, and RI... I skipped AH and BTD.

Both ISSTH and AWE are amazing works in my opinion. RI is... a bit lacking once I hit chapter 93. =/

8. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Suggest skimming the chapter as after that something huge happens which is very unexpected!! Also don't expect first 100 chapters to be amazing as if you have read ISSTH you would know it... the most boring first book ever!! - ISSTH
    Wang Lin is adventuring in the immortal graveyard and is surrounded by danger of a savage tribe that controls it

9. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually thought the first hundred chapters of ISSTH wasn't boring at all. Unlike how chapter 93 made me fall asleep. I was reading and dozing off at the same time. Happened both times! BOTH TIMES!!

I guess I'll finish ISSTH first then try picking up RI again one day... maybe.

10. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually in your shoes with ISSTH when I started reading it (especially the first 100 chapters) at first as I had to force myself through because they were so boring...(let say this as well i tried reading more than once as well as I dropped it then began from the start and only by forcing myself through the torture known as book 1 was i able to continue onwards), such a shame that after spirit severing the story declined again...