Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The person who founded ML's clan was a monk and was very strict with his actions, which is also part of the reason why the Lan clan has so many Clan Rules. The headband tie is suppose to symbolize one's self restraint to always follow rules and regulations, a sort of willing, self-imposed restriction. It is only in front the person you love and are determined to spend your life with, that this self restraint is not needed.

So, it is a heavy taboo for anyone besides yourself to even touch your own headband tie, much less tying it on someone else. The only exception to this would be your true love, so the fact that ML tied up MC with his headband tie and then showed it off, is kind of equivalent to screaming into a megaphone that MC is the love of his life while naked.

Basically, the headband tie is a super important object that only you and your true love are allowed to touch. If someone else touches it, then it's a great insult to your honor, integrity, etc. Of course, MC had touched ML's headband tie quite a few times without knowing this and thought it was just decoration that was part of the clan uniform.

@scriptor
    There's quite a few sites, just google the novel name in Chinese.

Rangeles, Fiorisi, LoveManga and 16 others like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    LoveManga, xBubblex and Aster Anemone like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, so they don't take it off even when bathing or sleeping? was ML angry when MC touches it?

LoveManga and lazynoodles like this.
  4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    LoveManga, LadyBlue, NA2Z and 3 others like this.
  5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, usually until you find a lover, you sleep and bathe alone, so that's not an issue. The important thing is that it's tied neatly as long as outsiders are present.

When they were young, ML hated MC's guts, and was beyond offended when MC had touched it. After MC's rebirth, ML is quite nonchalant about it, though when drunk, he very happily handed it over when MC asked him to.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 10 others like this.
  6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    so much sugar *faints <3* ....how did the ml react at first when the mc hitted on him to get kicked out?

kyaaa the mc is afraid of dogs (a man after my own heart :D) so cute :3
    lol his sect must have been super angry when they found out he brought public-enemy-number 1 to them (basically he choose him over them again >.>)

btw can you tell us a bit more about the rabbits the ml is raising? *.*

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    LoveManga, xBubblex and lazynoodles like this.
  7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    When ML first brought MC over, no one knew MC was MC yet. After MC's identity was exposed, the elder members were more disappointed and resigned than angry, though the younger generation had already warmed up to MC so their attitude didn't change much.

I don't remember if this was the first time per say, but the first night at ML's clan, MC was trying to steal something from ML while he was sleeping and got caught red-handed, so MC crawled on top of ML and straddled him since ML used to hate physical contact. ML told him to get off but MC refused, so ML sealed his movements and MC spent the night unable to move and forced to sleep while collapsed on top of ML.

The first two rabbits ML raised were given to him by MC, well, more like, forced upon ML by MC. The rabbits all love ML and would always try to get his attention, trying to crawl into his arms. They don't like MC, and according to ML, it's b/c MC bullies them. To be fair, the first thing MC does when he discovers all the rabbits ML's been raising was to tell the Lan kids that were with him at the time to roast them to eat. Don't worry though, none of the rabbits got eaten.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 12 others like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffff obvious atempts from the mc to get expeled so he can run off and play were blocked :D

The bunnies obvious discrimination against tbe mc is super cute :3 .....if they competed for the attention of the ml with the mc that would be awesome ( and explain why the mc is always bullying them xD)

Btw after JC found out what the mc did for him in the past what was his reaction?(besides running around pretending to be king arthur )...like did he got jealous over the mc and ml relationship?

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    He did cry a bit...
    Btw, why didn't ML told MC what the headband means when they were younger so he would stop?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    LoveManga, Misaki Yata and alexfilia like this.
  10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    propably because he didnt have the mc in his eyes and hated his guts so he didnt even bother to talk to him :D

I'm curious about something.....in those videos we often see the mc and the ml with a kid between them....who is the kid?
    Also what are those urns the ml often has?

11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Jiang Chen, was he wearing purple clothes like the MC? I didn't see the urns (just a thought but, MC's ashes?)

Ease and alexfilia like this.
  12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    no, not when the mc was a kid....in some videos there is an adult size mc with an adult size ml and in the middle there is a kid

[​IMG]
    (awww if its true its so sad T.T...but didnt he stay in isolation for 3 years...how did he get the mc ashes? o_O)

13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you mean that girl? Idk either, and why is ML wearing a blindfold? There was also a scene of ML stabbing MC as well, iirc.
    Someone probably was thoughtful enough to burn MC body and leave it for the ML (just a thought, don't know if it's true or not though)
    @winter-t ?

alexfilia likes this.
  14. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't get to see what exactly Jiang Cheng's thoughts were since this novel is from MC's pov. But his attitude towards MC changes, and while it doesn't return to how they were before, it seems like he's turning a blind eye to MC and doesn't actively attack MC or Wen Ning afterwards. He was definitely an emotional wreck and he plowed through that forcefully as he does everything else. He and MC had a pretty intense verbal confrontation where he finally let out his biggest grievance concerning MC, and he does cry.

Jiang Cheng is 100% not jealous of MC and ML's relationship. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to have never found out.

The meaning of the headband tie is kind of common knowledge and most cultivators know its significance. It's just that with MC's personality and terrible memory, he didn't. I'm pretty sure ML thought he did, and that MC was doing things on purpose to piss him off, which MC does do a lot.

Uhm, I can't view the image you linked in your later post, but if you could give me the video link and the timestamp, I can answer your question? But if the kid you're talking about is a girl and one of the people she's with is a guy in a blindfold, then that's Ah'Qing.

Those aren't urns, they're jars of wine. If you see them in relation to MC and ML, then it's MC's favorite type of wine that's locally produced where ML grew up.

If you're talking about a guy in white with a blindfold, he's Xiao XingChen, and the girl is Ah'Qing. I can 99.9% guarantee that neither MC nor ML is ever drawn next to Xiao XingChen. There's two guys show up next to Xiao XingChen in a lot, one is Xue Yang, and the other is Song Lan. The person you're talking about being stabbed is Song Lan.

Fiorisi, LoveManga, xBubblex and 9 others like this.
  15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok lol, thank god its not MC and ML. Who are those people?

16. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek:Adopted son??? Just kidding:ROFLMAO:

Misaki Yata and alexfilia like this.
  18. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know where translations are, but their arc is the first major one after MC and ML start journeying. I'll just give a brief description for the 4 people I mentioned, since their story is both long and tragic (I cried the hardest during this part), but I'll answer any specific questions you have.

Xiao XingChen: A Daoist priest with a very strong sense of justice and the strength to back it up. He doesn't belong to any clan, but he became famous from his good deeds. He clashed against Xue Yang but ultimately failed b/c of the Jin clan. After he became blind, he traveled aimlessly hunting down and solving problems caused by evil spirits.

Ah'Qing: A girl who pretends to be blind. She met Xiao XingChen during his travels, felt a sense of kinship since he's actually blind and was kind to her, and convinced him to take her with him. She's cute and brave and definitely deserved better, MVP of this entire arc.

Song Lan: Also a Daoist priest, Xiao XingChen's sworn brother and best friend. They used to travel and fight together, but b/c of Xiao XingChen, Xue Yang blinded Song Lan and killed his entire sect. Xiao XingChen gave Song Lan his eyes, then disappeared to travel alone. He spent the rest of his life chasing after and trying to find Xiao XingChen to apologize.

Xue Yang: This guy's twisted and evil, and will kill your entire family in the cruelest way for the most minor of offenses. Xiao XingChen clashed against him was b/c he brutally murdered an entire clan, among other atrocious acts. Xiao XingChen pushed for him to be executed, but the Jin clan prevented that from happening. He's the main cause of this entire tragedy.

You know him now as Lan SiZhui, but when he was young, his name was Wen Yuan. At the time of this picture, he was around 3 I believe, and lived with MC, Wen Ning, Wen Ning's sister, and the remaining members of the Wen clan that MC was sheltering.

MC once took him to shop in a small town, and that's when they coincidentally met ML. The toy butterfly he's holding in his hand is something ML bought for him (along with other toys). After that, MC complained about how he might as well call ML 'dad' and go back home with ML instead, since he stuck to ML like glue.

ML definitely holds a guardian-like relationship with him, but even when he was living with MC, MC was more of an older brother that played pranks while making fun of him, but still took good care of him. For example, MC had buried the 2-year-old him in the ground and watered him, telling him that this was the only way to grow taller, so you can see what kind of relationship they had (and just what kind of personality MC has lol)

I think the most serious injury MC gets after his rebirth is getting stabbed. ML is constantly by his side, and does a very good job of protecting MC.

19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm.... MC is kinda...... no one around tried to stop him when he buried the kid? Is that kid the one who act the nicest to MC when he was reborn among the Lan's younger generation?

Misaki Yata and alexfilia like this.
  20. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffff i really like the mc already :D
    I wonder how would he react when he realizes the ml kissed him for real *.* (since he is the type to do it for the lols)

Does the mc make his own sect? (Did he had one in the past or was borrowing JC sect?)

Also did JC mother not like him?

kiara8 likes this.