Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Official Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm registering an Adventuring Group!

Group Name: Mellowing Echo
    Leader: Liam
    Members:
    [​IMG]
    Details
    Name: Tonton
    Race: (???)
    Current Status: Active
    Affiliation: Adventurer's Guild - Aeternus branch / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: Rank C Adventurer
    Partner/s: Fry (previous)
    Notes: Ton
    [​IMG]
    Name: Meilin
    Race: Human
    Affiliation: Aeternus Academy / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: Student
    Partner/s: Fry
    Notes: A bystander that got dragged along
    [​IMG]
    Name: Frya
    Current Status: (???)
    Affiliation: Ton / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: (???)
    Partner/s: Ton (pervious), Meilin (current)
    Notes: Ton's deceased older sister
    [​IMG]
    Name: Liam Deré
    Affiliation: Frontier Village / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: Magic Swordsman
    Partner/s: Yan
    Notes: Ex-retired mercenary
    [​IMG]
    Name: Yan Deré
    Race: Tondryad
    Affiliation: Ton / Liam / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: Cultivatior / Druid
    Partner/s: Liam
    Notes: A one-of-a-kind existence
    [​IMG]
    Name: Sat'r
    Affiliation: Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: Berserker / Druid
    Partner/s: -
    Notes: Seeking his missing sister
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name: Niohogg
    Race: Tonragon / Ancient Serpent
    Affiliation: Ton / Mellowing Echo
    Occupation/Class: (???) / Doctor
    Partner/s: -
    Notes: Currently acting as Ton's other identity, Doctor Pon Journey

[OOC:]
    Some of them will be reappearing quests/raids/short stories, so rather than making a bunch of new adventurers, it'll be more convenient to make a group (since they'll be used more often than side characters). A short story about how this all happen will be posted... eventually, or maybe in a few months...
    [​IMG]

2. shad12ow

shad12ow 『Semi-Offline』

Reading List:
    Link
    “A little bit more…..a little bit….”

Drowned by the sound of heavy machinery, his voice resounded in the edge of the workshop. The source of the voice is a figure dressed in a heavy looking apron that has certainly been worn a lot of time judging by the wear and tear. He is none other than the Guild’s leader, Shadow. But at the moment, his profession is not as a Guildmaster, but as a crafter.

“Okay, finished!”

A shout of joy came out of his mouth as he pulled out a pair of long object from the inside of the large furnace powered by a grid of Fire Crystal. As a few mechanical spider arms helped him in doing that job, he placed the object on top of a stone table. He let out a smile as he looked at the completely tampered.

He took a small jar from the nearby shelf and walked closer to the blades. With a snap of his finger, a few spiders came out placing a pair of canisters on each side of the blades, two on the base and two on the end. Those canisters are filled with mana crystal. It is none other than his signature devices, the mana generator.

After the blades and the mana generator has been set up, he opened the lid of the jar and poured the content onto the blades. Pale blue colored liquid flowed from them and covered the blades’ surface completely without a single spot left untouched. When the liquid has covered them, he flicked his finger. The mana generator started letting out a soft humming sound and then glowed. Reacting to those, the blades also started vibrating and then writings started to glow from the base to the end of each blade. It only lasted for a few minutes. The blades then stopped glowing and the sharp edge turned slightly green.

“Enough.”

The mana generator turned off and the sound of humming stopped completely. Shadow put his gloved hand on the surface of the blade and traced the magic writing, inspecting them for one last time. A grin appeared on his face after that followed by a small laughter.

“Done! Hahahaha~! Now to put on the finishing touch and pack them.”

As he said that, a few spiders crept onto the stone table. Each of them carried different pieces. Seeing that his spiders have completely brought him the pieces he needs, Shadow pulled out his tool and started working on the weapon.
    1. The cutlasses are made from a mix of Mithril alloy and Steel alloy with a blade length of 65cm and thickness of 4.85mm.
    2. The slightly curved blade is made from tempered mithril alloy which was specially treated to make it tough while also still allowing the magic energy to flow very nicely with minimum resistance. It is sharpened and then treated with anti-rust potion. The back of the blade is inscribed with magic writings that go to the base of the blade and to the end of the blade.
    3. The half-basket guard is made from Steel alloy to make it light but at the same time tough to resist some damage.
    4. The handle is made from tough wooden plank. The pommel has a small formation of Wind Crystal fragments that is encased by mithril ring that has magic writing inscribed onto it. There is also a small Mana gem on the bottom to make it easier to absorb mana from the user.
    5. The writings have to effects. The first one is to give the weapon extra speed due to the encasing wind that is summoned by the wind crystal. While it also gives speed, the sharp wind encasing the blade also increase its penetrating power. The second effect is reading the inner mana and strength of the wearer. It will follow the wearer’s strength and will increase its own sharpness and toughness according to that.
    6. The scabbard is made from desert rhino hide and it is made perfectly to house the blade to the extent that it has not useless gap. A clockwork mechanism will lock it in place after the blade is inserted to a certain length, preventing it from rattling around when carried.
    OOC: Please remove 500 G (Yeah, I increased the price slightly. LOL~! Just to rounded it up~!), 1 x Mithril Ingot, 5 x Iron Ingot, and 1 x Refined Wind Crystall. Thank you~!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  3. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ring of Life​

Good. I finally have all the materials I need. This curse I've been born with... it has both advantages and disadvantages. And I can't dispell it because I'm far too weak. So I had to think of an alternative.

It took some time, but now I've got the theory finished. However, before I start the experiment, I will conjure that perfume Maligno wanted. "Perfect Perfume", I call it. Those that smell it unconsciously start to like the one wearing it more, bit by bit. The end result is a bit different from how I thought it would be... now, the perfume reacts with the sweat of the person using it, creating a scent unique to the person using it. In connection with the increased endorphin production it causes, no one will be able to resist it after longtime exposure. I think.

That way, the person wearing it won't be affected and those that smell it will only start to like the person using it more. Now that I finished my research about it, I am able to conjure it. Takes a surprising amount of energy though. I won't be able to make more than one, perhaps two bottles per day.

With all the knowledge I have about the perfume, it really isn't difficult to conjure it. Having done so, I start preparing everything I need for my experiment.

First the materials:
    • A lot of my own blood drained over the course of a few weeks.
    • A few dozen inferior copies of the Rejuvenation Potion I got from a quest
    • Three wooden planks
    • A ring formed with clay, which I got from a friendly local farmer, that fits on my pinkie finger
    So here I am, in the Verdant Forest. I can't imagine a place with more life, and the more life, the better are the chances my experiment will succeed.

First, I pour all of the Rejuvenation Potion copies I made into my reactor and start to split the liquid from its restorative effect and pour out the liquid, keeping all of the restorative effects in an elemental form within the Reactor.

Next, I pour in my blood as a temporal container for the restorative energy, and as a source of life force for the next few steps. Fusing it with the restorative energy goes easy, without any complications.

Then I toss in the clay ring and the wooden planks. Time for the challenging parts... I start to fuse the wood and clay into a dense but flexible material that can contain great amounts of live force. This part is tricky and requires utmost concentration. From time to time I have to split impurities from the clay and wood, and finally manage to fully fuse it into the material I wanted, in the form of a ring.

The first thing I do is to take a long rest. That was really exhausting... should have brought some alcohol.

After resting half an hour I have recovered enough to continue and start to fuse all of my blood, specifically the life force and restorative energy, into this ring. It really works. This ring can absorb great amounts of life force and restorative energy, and with the amount of my own blood I'm fusing into it, I can even sense a connection between me and the ring.

But I can also feel something else. Misfortune is approaching me again. Like that time at the Moonlight Lake. I don't have much time left. Don't rush it now...

Finally finishing the fusion, I immediately take the ring out of the Reactor and put it on my left ring finger. The symbolic connection to the heart will increase its effectiveness.

With my new ring, I face the dense misfortune rushing towards me. It doesn't leave me even one more second to react and directly stimulates the negative energy within me. It ******* hurts. It hurts like hell. I collapse and clench my teeth, not daring to let out a scream in an area that is not totally safe.

The damage the negative energy is causing is great. I feel how some of my innards are partially being torn apart and disintegrated. But then, I feel my ring. The energy and life I stored inside of it is counteracting the negative energy, protecting me from further harm and restoring my injuries. A warm, steady stream that feeds me... and the ring is slowly absorbing surplus lifeforce in my surroundings, recovering the energy it lost healing me.

Finally, the negative energy within me is exhausted and can't cause any more damage. It's going to be a few months until this happens the next time...

I survived. I really survived this! After coughing out one mouthful of blood, I start laughing.

It takes a few minutes until I calm down. Yes, I will call this ring the "Ring of Life". One ring to rule them- wait, that's wrong. One ring to survive all.

This ring acts as a storage of life, slowly gathering surplus life which I can consume to heal myself from almost all kinds of damage. If the worst comes to worst, I could even hide my soul in the ring. Perhaps I could even... no, that is too risky. Will need some further research. Time to go home.

Humming, I return to the adventurer's guild.

4. Andyman301

Andyman301 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Backstory for my character in Adventurer's Guild
    A story of an old man reminiscing on his past life

"Before my days as an adventurer I lived in a region of a world where the wildlife flourished and people were spread very thin. This area was covered in dense foliage that blocked out the sun in some regions. It is known as 'The Dark Wood' by us locals. I was one of the many people who grew up in one of the small druid settlements. We would have weekly sacrifices to the gods. It may have been sheep or goats, however, many times we sacrificed people that were kidnapped from neighboring villages. I was the head of our village's druidic ritual preparation group, so I had a great understanding of potion making, as was customary for for head of prep."

"On an overcast day, in the very rare and small clearing, the men of our village came out to begin our weekly Thursday ritual. The preparation went exceptionally smoothly. We slaughtered the oldest sheep in our village to prepare for the sacrifice, while I made a paste-like concoction from it's blood and some plants that grew in the surrounding forest. I spread the paste against an extraordinarily large tree stump in the center of the clearing to form a circle intertwined with loops and curls. Afterwards, we moved the sheep's corpse to the stump and placed it in the center of the blood paste pattern. We lit candles and placed them in the four corner loops of the pattern, while we lit the sheep on fire. As usual we waited while looking into the smoke to look for patterns as our master of ceremonies chanted in a language that I have long forgotten."

"Around halfway through the ritual, the smoke started to change shape and color drastically, while the smell of cooking mutton and wool changed into a fragrant scent that was reminiscent of flowers. The smoke had changed to form a beautiful woman with straight red hair and green eyes."

"She said to us, 'You have loyally served and praised us for many years. I have seen it fit to reward you. Come forward, Padraig Cambaird, Angas Shilkirk and Crisdain MacOrbert.' "

"First I heard the name of the master of ceremonies, then the sacrificial slaughterer and lastly, to my absolute pleasure, joy, and dread, I heard my own name, Crisdain. I was shocked so shocked that it took me a moment recover. Was I really being rewarded by the gods for my piety? Me, Angas, and Padraig stepped forward to receive our gift from the heavens."

"After we stepped forward, she told us, 'I grant the three of you the ability to control nature, as long as you are one with nature yourselves.' "

"Right after she said that, a green glow began to emanate from the crackling flames coming off of the sheep's corpse. The green eyes of the goddess before us also glew greener than they were before. The green light flowed off of the flames towards us, then from the air into our eyes. I felt a strange surge of power, I felt enlightened, powerful."

"Padraig pulled together the guts to ask, "What does it mean to be 'one with nature?' "

"The Goddess replied to him, in a voice that reminded me of a mother consoling her child. 'Only wear and wield that which come from the living, while not looking down on those species that are weak enough to be made into your tools.' "

"After her explanation, her face started to disperse from the smoke. The flame had died out. Though we prepared for the ritual perfectly, we didn't expect to need the flame to last long, so we had no firewood burning. The only thing that kept the fire burning was the wool from the sheep which had finally turned completely to ash. However, the darkness of night was, strangely, not upon us. We looked towards the nearby light source. It looked like a forest fire, coming from the direction of our village! I grabbed a branch and we began to run straight towards the village."

"As we approached, we heard the screams of women and children. We also heard the yells and clashing of blades that would remind of battles between rival villages. I brandished my branch and charged in head on and smacked the nearest person that I didn't recognize with it. He was definitely not from around here, he wore full plate mail, which wasn't rare, it was unheard of. He got back up and swung his claymore at me. I pulled the branch into the path of the sword. The sword got stuck in the branch, so I pushed it up against him knocking him over again. Even though I was in the middle of a fight, I couldn't help but smirk at how terrible this guy's footing was. It might've been the armor, though, as I hadn't ever gotten into a fight with someone wearing it before."

"He got back up off of the ground as soon as he fell. As I had dropped the branch when it got stuck to his sword, I backed off in fear. He detached the branch from his sword and threw it at a nearby tree. He began to walk towards me when the branch hit the tree. I felt the branch hit the tree. At first I was confused, so I just continued to dodge his attacks as I watched my fellow druids from the ceremony attempting to pull survivors while the other men were fighting with the other invaders. I backed into the same tree and once again, I felt it both on my own body and the tree. I was no longer confused. I understood what the goddess had meant by controlling nature."

"I waited for the claymore wielding attacker to approach then I used my connection with the tree to shoot it's roots out from the ground, knocking the man's helmet off, revealing a confused, yet angry expression. I redirected the same root to smack him upside the head, knocking him unconscious. I picked up his claymore and instantly noticed that my connection with that tree had been severed."

" 'That is what she meant by one with nature,' I said under my breath."

"I stabbed the sword into the ground and rushed over to assist the remaining survivors. I realized how to control and connect to nearby flora more easily during these remaining fights. Of course, the unconscious enemies were killed back."

"After the battle, or massacre, we took a death toll. Tens of men and dozens of women and children had been mercilessly slaughtered. The valuables from many of the houses, including my own, were gone. This brought me to a conclusion."

" 'I am leaving the village.' I declared aloud. I didn't want to have to worry about being attacked like this anymore, I would go and train."

"As I left the town, I grabbed the claymore left behind by the man I defeated, thinking I could probably sheath it to cancel out its aversion to my powers. I still had some long leather strips, as they weren't seen as valuable by the bandits. Over the next few days, I had made an open backed scabbard with straps to hold the sword in. I made it like this because a long sword such as a claymore wouldn't sheath correctly on the waist and a sword wouldn't pull out of a regular scabbard on your back without getting stuck halfway. When I put the sword in it's new home and put it over my back, my power to control nature came back. I now had a real weapon along with my newfound powers."

"After those events, I spent 6 months training, and another 3 years preaching at rituals and ceremonies held by druids all around The Dark Wood. Throughout that time, I gained a reputation for my insight and profound understanding of our pagan faith. The people had started to call me 'The Sage of The Dark Wood.' However, not long after I had gained this title, I began to yearn for adventure."

"I had decided to leave The Dark Wood to the great beyond, seeking adventure. I would never return."

5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuation from the death quests (Ants/Desert Mine)

...Or so he thought.

Moon didn't know that he was still alive and that someone intentionally pulled him to this space for a reason.

"Don't go dying on me now." (???)
    "Wha?!" (Moon)
    "Ah, you really thought you were dead? I'm quite disappointed that you're lacking for someone with Alv blood. Ah, no questions allowed." (???)
    "..." (Moon)
    "I know you wanted to ask some questions but what I can provide you are limited, after all I'm not supposed to intervene with the events out there. Saving you at the mountains was a huge risk for me." (???)
    "You...you were the one that time?!" (Moon)
    "And here I thought we were clear with 'no questions'." (???)
    "Sorry." (Moon)
    "Anyway, yeah I did that because you weren't supposed to die there. But to think the quests you're taking later would take you to die. You're really unfortunate." (???)
    "!!"

Moon was shocked to know that the guy in front of him was the one who threw those spells that killed some of the monsters who surrounded him. That shock increased further when he was told that he was pulled because he was going to die later. Just...who is this guy?

×××​

"I hope his 'bad end' would motivate him to succeed."

I explained to him the circumstances as to why I called him here even if he was already fated to die. I was unable to interfere with the world for future times so as one last time I pulled him out and made him set the world like a certain galge master.

I told him everything he knew - his daily life in the village, that certain day, his master, as well as other things in the past that will help him succeed this time. I provided just enough information that would not produce an absolute effect on the timeline.

With all that done, I sent him back to the past where he should meet...Moon's father.

×××​

"Ah, finally I could rest."

From the day he told me those things, I abandoned my old life and started a new one as Tsuki.

It was such a hard life. I saved father, fought countless battles to set the future on a certain direction. Yet, I was not allowed to do anything on that fated day.

I was near, yet I wasn't allowed to fight him. All he asked me to do was teach myself more than what I was taught. I even had to learn how to dispell that abominable curse that held me back.

A good 40 years of my life was spent. But I don't regret it at all. I knew I wouldn't last so I sent my younger self to the Adventurer's Guild. I even gave him my twin swords to help him get a good start. It should be around the time I died but they probably don't recall a thing about me since my existence was removed by him.

"So, when would you tell me who you are?" (Tsuki)

"You can notice me? You've worked real hard, huh." (???)

"You would if you're also told that your life depends on it." (Tsuki)

"I know what you feel...or should I say I knew you'd do it." (???)

"Stop with the riddles. I guess you'd tell me who you are now that it's all done." (Tsuki)

"You know me fully well...for I am the future you." (???)

Way, BlancFrost and AliceShiki like this.
  6. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kynn Backstory

There was a boy with black hair with shades of blue and brown eyes that looks like dark chocolate. He is tall but skinny which will make you think that of you hug him really hard, he might break like a twig. He has average looks, average intelect, average body, you might think that he might be the enbodiedment of an average looking guy. Born in a middle class family, neither poor nor too rich. It is also a very average family.

he was lonely, not because he has no friends, not because his family does not love him. It was the opposite, he has many friends and his parents love him dearly (except for his father who didnt even show himself atleast once).
    Then why was he lonely? It is because everything is boring he thought. His parents loved him and he loved them back, his friends are having fun with him and he equally have fun with them. Thats all. Pretty boring right?

He mostly does his day cursing his average fate, no exciting things to be done, no law breaking, work here, study there. Really average.

One day, he tried something that should not be done. Killing one self. He grabbed a knife and tries to stab his own stomach or slice his neck, but just as one to suspect on a child, he could not muster the courage to push it in. He could not kill himself, he could not imagine what faces his parents or friends will make if he did die.

Depressed, he continued on doing what he was doing just like any other day, work here, study there. Same repeatable movements and laughs like a well-oiled machine, continuing like this day by day, he keeps on getting more and more depressed.

But one day, the boy caught a fever. It is from working for too much and never took a break for his mind and body. Never before he felt his body hot, like he was burning, and sweating like there is no tomorrow. His family of couse tried to treat him, sent to a doctor, fed him medicines and fed him healthy.

But it was all for naught as he is suffering from a disease that cant be cured by a middle class family ever even if they try and gain some support from someone.

But this made the boy happy. " My long awated reward is coming i guess" he thought as he could not even move mouth, there the boy just smiles even though everyone near him is giving him pitying gaze even his parents are on the verge on crying.

There the boy just closed his eyes as he was just really tired from the suffering from his long term fever that never did once go down. The boy thought "Guess everything has a price" in his mind who didnt think that it will be his last.

Waking up with a very clear mind, even before throughout his whole life. Woke in a white space. as if he was being floated around, he was led towards something, a set of table and chairs like the ones in the office you would see in movies and stuff.

There sat a Man with Black Hair, a set of Red Draconic Horns and red eyes wearing a Suit. Besides him is a White Haired woman with a pair of Fox-Like ears and 9-tails wearing a dress.

[Hmph-]
    {Dont be Rude Alestain}
    [Its Astalein! How Rude of you Elaine!]
    {Aren't you ruder than me?}
    "..... Should i go back to sleep ....."
    [Tsk- we will talk when we return]
    {Yes, Yes dear. Just work Properly}
    [Little Soul, State your name and Cause of Death.]

Those two people were quarreling now turned their focus back to me as i muttered about going back to sleep. They were married? Rather Death? Whos?

"Dont know. Cant Remember anything."
    [Amnesia? Is this supposed to be the truth?]
    {Doesnt look like its lying}
    [Check the records for something]
    {No wa~~~y. Isnt it interesting doing it like this?}
    [Dont make my Work much harder... *Sigh* Fine... Little soul, ill cut to the point and ask you... Do-]
    {Want to be adopted by us?}
    [*Facepalm* next time... Ill jinx your work like this]
    {Dont care~ dont mind it~ Yey~ -v-)v }

What... The...

Way, udonsage and Quaesitor like this.
  7. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/user id/nickname: DM
    job/occupation: Magic Swordsman
    weapon/prefered skill: Swords; not determined

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong thread, please go to the Member's List and post your sign up there, there is a template you need to follow on the first post of that thread.

zzz likes this.
  9. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    okay, sorry that i posted it at the wrong thread, i was kinda confused, and thanks for the info :)

10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, it's not that uncommon actually.

Have fun on the guild~

zzz likes this.
  11. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    will do :)

12. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    (OOC: A side story about Kain(side character)'s past in the Holy Empire of Men)

Arbane’s office was well light and decorated with fancy books with nonsensical words for titles of the books. The atmosphere was quiet between Kain and Arbane, both had tea set aside for them. The only one drinking the fine grey tea at the moment was Arbane.

“Won’t you give the boy a chance?” Arbane said, breaking the silence between the two.

“Why should I? He’s a liability for us.” Kain replied in a haughty tone.

“Hmm, so you can only sniff out money.”

“And you only know how to pick up trouble with those pointy ears of yours.”

“That reminds me-I been hearing rumors about a crazy mutt chasing skirts around the south district, you wouldn’t happen to be involved, would you?”

“I’m not that dumb to be heard by such an honorable lavish elf as yourself, Elder Arbane.” Kain said sarcastically, taking a sip of the tea.

“Be that as it may, think of taking the boy as a favor for me. It’s not like you it will end up as a mission failure” Arbane remarked.

“Whatever, I’m not risking the Company for this boy.” Kain picks himself up and leaves the room, before he did he heard Arbane say “Think about it some more, Steven Firewillow.” Kain slams the door behind him.
    That damn elf needs to keep his mouth shut Kain thought as he began to reminisce about the past…

Twelve years ago in the Holy Empire of Man, there was a Western Fort called Radford. It was one of the most protected fort in the history of the nation yet it was captured in mere hours by the elite knight squad, Crimson Daggers. Some of them though, didn’t take part in the takeover such as the former captain Malik Summerspell.

“How dare you ungrateful dogs! And you Steven, you could have been great, you could have been my right hand yet you choose a path of destruction! Where is your pride?!?!” Malik shouted, feeling the pain of his restraints in the dark room.

“Save your nonsense for someone who gives a damn.” Kain said as he pulls out his sword to finish the deed. Just then, high impact magic rain from above onto the fort, collapsing part of the room they were in. Some of the fellas died instantly while the others were able to jump back from the fallen rumble.

While the group was distracted by the falling debris, the old man was able to cut his restraints and flee from the room, blasting his way out using his specialize wind magic.

“Come back here!” Kain rushes after the old man but was stopped by his friend, Ashland.

“Steven, we have no time for this. We must leave at once.”

“Are we really going to let him run away? THAT man?!”

“We don’t have a choice, the empire is already here.” Ashland pleaded with Kain still holding his grip over Kain’s arm.

“Let me go, I’m not a coward like you!” Kain shouted trying to pull away from him.

Ashland snaps and punches Kain in the face. “This is no time to be a hero! What we need right now is our leader!” Ashland yelled.

Kain rubs his sore face, surprised by the always calm Ashland to be mad. Maybe he was being foolish.“Alright…let’s retreat for now. Rally the volunteer army and demons clansmen, we head for the west towards the red city”

“Roger that, Captain” Ashland saluted Kain and they left the fort with their tail behind their legs. It wasn’t easy though, they took heavy causalities to the point that out of 2,500 men, 50 of them survived the incident.
    To make matters worse, the men’s morale was at all time low. Most of them still felt the sounds of lighting falling down onto the fort and jumped in freight from a single silhouette of a cat.

“Remind me again about our numbers.” Kain asks Ashland.

“15 knights, 5 mages, 20 demons clans men, and 10 mercenaries.” Ashland replies and then takes a bite of the bread.

“Here I thought the numbers would be different. Turns out I’m just a fool who can’t escape a nightmare that never ends.” Kain took a sip of his ale, letting the bitter taste linger in his mouth before allowing it to pass.

“It’s not your fault sir, I suspect it was a spy at work.”

“Hoh, tell me more.”

“I think it was Victor. I saw him and a few other men head towards the eastern gate before the Empire invaded the fort.”

“Damn, I knew I shouldn’t have trusted him so much. Why did I think this was a good idea? What’s worse, the fact we are in such a miserable state or the fact the alliance with the demons kingdom is pretty much gone?”

“We can always try again sir.”

“NO. It’s too late for us. We tried our best and our best just wasn’t good enough.” Kain finishes off his ale and lets out a burp. “I’m going to turn in for the night.” Kain softly spoke and headed to bed, leaving Ashland to his own devices.

(OOC: Probably will edit this later once I incorporate him into my next chapter)

Way and AliceShiki like this.
  13. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have spend weeks and months thinking about ways to get stronger. I often thought about creating an external body for myself, but I started worrying – an interesting emotion – about my core, and the fact that it's imperfect and might fade one day. So I made improving it my priority.

It seemed pointless at first, but now my hard work has been rewarded. I learned enough to exhaust most of my active and passive memory, and have finally started understanding space magic, or dimensional magic as I would call it. With this, I managed to expand my core into additional dimensions, drastically improving my capabilities. It was as easy as 'filling water into a cup', but getting the 'water' always was a problem for me. But now I've finished the expansion.

Imagine a sphere that you are seeing from one side. But then you turn it around, and notice it's just and empty shell, only half of a sphere. That was my core before. But now, it is a complete sphere, perfectly formed and filled. That's the difference between three dimensions and many – even I am not sure how many.

With the expansion finished, I am now able to store an insane amount of knowledge, but much of it is already used up by my understanding of dimensional magic. This understanding has even influenced my core's very structure, and now this body is capable of using simple dimensional magic. Surprising, but in a good way. Additionally, I gather mana faster than before. You could even say that I got better in everything.

Conprehending, understanding... it feels... great. I really like it. Almost as much as helping people. I'm not a philosopher anymore, I'm a researcher now; a scientist. I have made progress, I have created progress. Myself.

I think... I'm ready now. I create new clothes for myself from mana. Rather than clothes, they are part of my body. The only difference lies in the molecular structure. Leaving the library, I return to the tavern. My home.

Kuma Desu and Way like this.
  14. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    In memory of @Monti and @fuzor100, may they rest in peace.
    [​IMG]

JinVodka, udonsage, Kysil and 10 others like this.
  15. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    “What a pain.” Were the first words Razogul said in guild tavern as he found out the hero’s location. The edge of Verdant Forest.

Given how far the Verdant Forest was on a walk, there was only one way to go.

“Since I can’t use my dark magic currently, guess I’ll have to take an airship.” With that, Razogul starts leaving the tavern. Going to the airships to catch a ride.

“Good luck Raz!” These words were being said by his fellow guild members and made Razogul smile.

“I feel blessed to have friends like these. I’ll make it back and celebrate with them.” Seeing what he just said, made Razogul nervous. “Don’t tell me I just set up a flag...I just jinxed myself!”

After a few minutes of traveling, Razogul sees the airships. Around them are the crew inspecting them and preparing for takeoff. The mechanics hard at work and ensuring everything is according to safety regulations.

Razogul walks up and spots one of the smallest airship with a small crew surrounding it. Walking up, he saw them look towards him. “Ah, it’s Razogul! What brings you here?” said the crew as soon as they saw him.

Knowing his name on the first meeting made him curious. “Um...how do you know my name? I don’t remember meeting any of you? Did I do something wrong?” As soon as he said that, the crew started laughing, bringing tears to their eyes. “Wait...what did I do!? Was it bad!? I don’t remember meeting any of you!”

Seeing the crew settle down, they finally said the reason. “Well, you’re famous for being kind to everyone and a prankster. You also help your friends on a whim even if it’s a bother. Even some of us can hear your guild members talking from inside the tavern!”

“Are we really that loud...I didn’t know about that. Well, I want to have a ride on your airship. I need to go somewhere one way.”

“Sure, where too? Also it will require some money depending on the location.”

“Edge of Verdant Forest. There’s somebody I need to get rid of. Let’s just say he made me really angry.” Knowing the crew to be a decent bunch, he didn’t tell them much. He didn’t want them to know too much and get hurt if they get caught.

Seeing them nod their heads, they gave the price. Razogul just looks at them shocked. “100 gold coins! Well...this is your most covert airship here. It seems fast and reliable too. Okay, here.” Razogul fishes out the gold coins from his storage ring and hands it over in a bag.

Seeing that the bag is in their hands, they smile. They then store it in their cargo. “Um...you didn’t count the money. Shouldn’t you at least count the money? I might’ve underpaid you.”

Looking at him say this, they only laugh. “Don’t worry, you’re known for being a good person...I doubt we’d need to look inside. If later we doubt it, we’ll check it.”

Razogul just has a wry smile. “So, this is your whole crew I presume?” Razogul looks around and sees them all waving. “Well, let’s go.”

Immediately Razogul awaits on the airship to launch. As soon as they are done preparing they get on as well. Getting the airship in the air and heading towards Verdant Forest. Razogul holding a bucket and getting sick in the process. “God I hate my fear of heights. Oh god!” Stomach wrenching pains could be heard and the crew tries to help calm him down. “It will only be for a while.”

After seeing Verdant Forest below him, Razogul sees no landing area. Seeing that the crew is puzzled, he just smiles at them. “I guess this is my stop, I’m heading off. Immediately go back and don’t come back. I don’t know what will happen afterwards.” After saying this Razogul jumps off the airship and uses his ‘Hardening’ skill on himself. After being in air for a minute, he lands on the ground.

“Well...seems like we’re here, now where’s the hero? He should be around here or at least the radius.” Razogul gets up from the crater he made, unscathed and heads towards the edge of the forest. On the way he starts seeing countless tracks heading to the north. Seeing this, Razogul heads north.

After walking a few miles, Razogul sees an open area in front of him, nobody here. Puzzled at why the steps stop here, he looks around and spots nothing. Having a bad feeling, he puts his guard up and looks around. After listening he gets more alert. “There’s no sound...in a forest that should be brimming with life. What happened here?”

Before Razogul could say anymore, an object shoots towards him. Seeing how slow it is, he stops it with his hand. He crushes the dagger with ease and laughs. This poor attempt at assassination was childish. His comrades could do a better job.

After he stopped laughing, a beautiful girl comes out, holding two daggers in her hands. Looking immensely angry at him. “Why. Didn’t. You. Die!” The girl emphasizing each word while glaring at Razogul. Seeing he doesn’t know her, he puts his crosses his hands on his chest. “I don’t remember you being in the hero’s party...are you a new addition? I don’t see any trace of a ‘link’ on you. I suggest you leave, I don’t want unnecessary deaths. Though you may feel an insatiable love for him right now...am I right?”

Seeing the girl suddenly twich, Razogul only grins. “Did I hit the mark? I don’t know what ability that hero has, but it does something. He may be aware of it or not, but it’s dangerous. It changes the personalities of the opposite sex it seems. Luckily you’re not fully changed. If you want, I can get rid of the influence due to it being weak?”

Seeing that he kept hitting the mark, she lost most of her anger. Going up towards Razogul and waiting for him to do it. He puts his hand out and uses some of his magic energy to sever the immature link. After seeing that it’s removed, he brings his hand back. “It’s gone, now leave. I suggest not getting close to a stranger like that again. He may have seemed nice...but he’s not. Now, run along.”

Thanking Razogul, she immediately left heading. Hopefully back to her family if they’re still alive.

After walking a few more miles, Razogul finally spots an encampment. Inside are the hero and his harem. Looking like they have just went through an intense exercise. After smelling a bit, Razogul just twitches and sees their happy faces. He becomes sickened at seeing these once innocent people get toyed with.

Since they didn’t notice Razogul, he silently activates Hardening and Reinforcement. Without giving him a chance, Razogul dashes and slices downwards with all his power.

Reality is cruel however and the hero holds the sword in his hand. Exerting his strength he destroys the repaired mithril sword. Seeing this, Razogul immediately retreats and goes 10 meters away.

Seeing he’s arrived, the hero finally speaks. “So…you found me. However...my power has increased exponentially. I doubt you can harm me now.” The hero just smirks and looks towards me. “It seems like your affinity to Dark Magic was monstrous to me. But now, I feel no fear. However…just to make sure.”

“[Appraisal]” After saying this, a green screen show up.

Name: Razogul
    Class: Swordsman/Necromancer
    Strength: 500 (300)
    Defense: 300 (200)
    Agility: 500 (300)
    Magic Power: 600 (100)
    Magic Defense: 400 (200)

“Hmm...seems like my ability weakened you quite a bit. It’s a miracle you’re still able to have this much power. Though...your dark magic should be affected now. My cheat is so awesome that it weakened your affinity so much. I bet you can’t even use a single bit of dark energy now, can you? It might’ve been a problem if you still had it, but now? You’re weak.” The hero keeps babbling about his superiority.

Seeing the hero keep talking about this and that, Razogul was frowning. He didn’t know he had this ability to view his own strength. It caused quite a stir in emotions.

“So… what can you d-” Before the hero could finish his sentence, Razogul attacks. Before he could land a blow, his harem uses their spells. Seeing this, Razogul retreats and blocks some of the attacks. However, wounds start appearing all over. “Pitiful...even my comrades can take you down now. In case you want to know my strength, here.”

“[Appraisal]”

Name: Kurokishi Subaru
    Class: Hero
    Strength: 2000
    Defense: 2000
    Agility: 2000
    Magic Power: 2000
    Magic Defense: 2000

Seeing the persons strength, Razoguls eyebrow twitches. Given how he’s like this without strengthening, he goes back a bit.

“Well, I guess there’s only one thing I can do. My secret move that can save me from any situation. No matter how dire!” When Razogul says this, the hero gets ready to attack, Razogul smiles.

“RUN AWAY!” He starts running like mad. However, he didn’t go far before being being stopped by a magic formation. Immobilizing his movement.

“Well...that was a waste of time...ha ha.” Razogul just laughs since it’s the only thing he can do. “So...I take it you won’t have mercy?”

“For a betrayer of the Holy Empire of Man? The summoned hero who didn’t want to do his destiny? Saving the world from the other races that aren’t human! Yeah...how pathetic it ended up this way. Why don’t you-”

“Can’t you shut up already? You sound like the generic villain rather than a hero. Man, you’re such a tool it makes me pity you. Hell, you still think this is a game still. You do realize people actually die right!? Your actions have consequences! Don’t you dare act like you’re self-righteous! Hell, I bet you thought your first kill was nothing!” Seeing the hero smirk, Razogul hears him say one thing.

“You’re a dark magic user and a necromancer. I bet you like killing people? After all, you don’t care about life in the first place.”

Immediately Razogul angrily shouts. “I DON’T LIKE KILLING! I ONLY DO IT WHEN IT’S NECESSARY! YOU ARE THE MURDERER HERE! THINKING YOU CAN GET AWAY SCOTT FREE! THE HOLY EMPIRE IS EVIL! YOU’RE TOO MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO NOTICE IT!”

After saying that sentence, 100s of magic spells are aimed towards Razogul. The hero then produces 100s of holy spears out of magic. All of them ready to fire. Seeing the hero treat all of his words like nothing, makes him even more angry. Seeing the hero smile, Razogul tries releasing his dark energy. However...it only dissipates as soon as it reaches the outside.

“Pathetic, I’ll end your miserable life here and now. Besides...power means everything. My name is Kuroshiki Subaru. Remember that on your way to hell.” After saying this, all the spells fire, going towards Razoguls body. The holy spears almost piercing his body.

Before the hero leaves, he smiles evilly. “With you dead, I’ll go play with your guild members. Killing all of them...slowly...painfully. Enjoying every single moment.” Anger wells up in Razogul and shouts.

“I’LL KILL YO-” His words were cut off midway, his body being destroyed. The spells simultaneously charring, freezing, destroying, and being pierced by holy spears. After it ended, all that ended was an unidentifiable body.

Seeing his success, the hero laughs in joy. “What great affinity to darkness! What hidden power! It means nothing now that you’re dead! Well...let’s go get more powerful. So that I can crush them."

Before they move a few meters they sense a great darkness coming from behind them. Looking behind they start seeing holy energy and dark energy coming out of Razoguls body. Endlessly coming out, overflowing.

“What the hell...he’s supposed to be dead! Hurry, fire everything you got!” Right when they are about to cast a spell, they feel an immense fear. Stopping their spell midway and cowering. “What are you waiting for! Shoot!”

During this time however, dark energy and holy energy started condensing each time. Empowering each other in harmony. Working together like it was just natural. However, slowly over time, the holy energy was being devoured by the dark energy. Increasing in size and density.

“No way...what the hell is he!? I knew his affinity was great...but this...this is just insane!?” The hero could only try hitting him but hit an invisible shield. Disintegrating his holy spear. Shocked by this, he retreated.

“Gravity! Meteor Shower! Holy ray! Blizzard! Dark Ray! Earthquake! Tornado!” All of these abilities being fired but being dispelled with ease. Seeing this the hero nervously mutters one word.

“[Appraisal]”

Name: Razogul
    Race: Dark Lord
    Class: ERROR
    Strength: ERROR
    Defense: ERROR
    Agility: ERROR
    Magic Power: ERROR
    Magic Defense: ERROR

“Why are there errors! Why are there no numbers! What the hell is going on!” While the hero is freaking out, Razoguls body starts rising up, slowly standing. Encased in a dense darkness, not showing any features. An indescribable pressure emanating off of him. Darkness spreading around the hero’s party. Slowly imprisoning them in a darkness.

After not talking for a while, he starts speaking heavily. Each word emphasizing extreme killing intent.

“You said you were going to harm my guild members...my comrades...my friends. I don’t know what’s happening to my body, but this power...is incredible. I’m going to kill you all and end your journey...”

After saying this, enormous beams of pure dark energy come out, attacking the hero. Seeing this, the hero dodges out of the way. However...his allies buff him because they thought he was going to protect him. Right after they cast the spells, the beam erases them. Leaving no traces of their bodies.

He just laughs menacingly at the hero for doing this. “How hero-like of you. Abandoning your harem to save yourself. Them only buffing you to die in the process.” Feeling more power being emanated from himself, Razogul starts advancing. The hero stepping back each time.

“Blink.” Razogul appearing in front of the hero in an instant. Grabbing his arm and ripping it out like paper.

“Aaaahhhhhh!” The hero only notices until a bit after and screams in pain. Seeing his rage won’t calm down, Razogul starts ripping the other arm off. His limbs slowly coming off one by one. When all his arms and legs were off, he sent his dark energy on him. Healing his body entirely. The hero shocked at this.

“Why...did...you...heal...me!? Even with dark energy!?” The hero lost his words when suddenly his bones are starting to break slowly. Just from the dense dark energy, they were being crushed. Shattered out of existance. “Experimentation...I just sent some to the missing limbs. Who knew it would happen? I can now heal people with dark energy...so exciting. You know, I’ve been wanting to try soul magic. Given how you’re irredeemable, I’ll use you as a lab rat.”

Seeing him smile, the hero only stares in horror. Losing all of his ability to speak due to the maliciousness of him.

“Now...let me peer into your soul.” Razogul slowly reaches his hand out to go inside his body.

“GET AWAY FROM ME MONSTER!” Bringing out a similar weapon to the spear he shoved into him, Razogul holds it. Not suffering any damage. The opposite was happening and the spear was eroding into nothingness. “Oh...what’s this? If I remember...you had some sort of ability that sealed my dark magic. Maybe if I peer into your soul...I’ll find out?”

Right when he says that, he stabs his hand right into the hero’s chest. However, no physical damage was done to him. Feeling an unpleasant feeling, the hero grabbed Razoguls arm, however it got corroded away from doing so. “Don’t try anything, or else I’ll destroy it.”

After peering into his soul, Razogul frowns. “You had 2 abilities...the power to seal magic energy. The other being the power to influence the minds of the opposite sex. Unfortunately, your story ends here. Your soul is completely dark. The hero is supposed to have a pure soul...how laughable. You’re closer to a demon.” Not listening to the hero’s muttering, Razogul checks his own soul.

Shocked by his discovery Razogul laughs at himself. “This is just hilarious! My soul is as pure as it can get! However having such a great affinity with dark magic, this is so laughable!” Seeing the hero still in his hand, he sighs.

“I’ll destroy your soul, I doubt even purifying it can change it. I have to thank you though...you broke my limits. Speaking of which...that goddess that gave you those powers...I’ll kill her next. Well...that is if she tries to harm me or my friends. Goodbye...hero.”

“It can’t end like this! Nooo-!” With that, he tightens his grip and crushes the hero’s soul, erasing it from existence.

“Ah...reminds me, what the hell is a dark lord? Guess I’ll ask Lou or somebody later. Though...I feel like my body won’t age anymore? Ah...might just be my imagination. I guess it’s time to go back to my home.”

With the hero ended, Razogul retrieves his dark energy and puts it back inside him. Seeing that his job is done, Razogul opens a portal. After he steps through it, he enters the tavern. Smiling as he says one thing to the bartender.

“I’d like a drink please!”
    OOC: Some people for inspiration.
    @Kysil @AmIaCat @Quaesitor

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Quaesitor, Nurman, BlancFrost and 5 others like this.
  16. Kuma Desu

Kuma Desu Holy Architect | Defender of Children | Clozdark's

Reading List:
    Link
    “Maligno, can you smell it?” (Kuma)

Master asked me this as she searched restlessly in the surroundings. Although any other sane person would deem her as crazy, I knew she wasn’t doing this for anything.

“Yup. They seem to be up ahead.” (Maligno)

I was smelling… bears. More exactly, bearkins. It’s the same smell as Kuma, but it feels like it has been strengthened by something.

There is also a fleeting stench mixed with it, but I can’t seem to identify it no matter how much I try.

We proceeded further on the forest, and as we approached the bearkin smell, the stench that clinged to it became stronger and stronger, until I finally identified.

Humans. The stench was similar to the smell of humans, but it was rotten to its very core.

My concerns just increased as we went further and further inside the forest. ‘It is a trap!’ was what my senses screamed, but Kuma didn’t paid attention to anything I said.

She continued desperately seeking that smell, as if ignoring the human stench.

When we got near the place, her ears stood up and she said.

“Maligno, can you go check ahead. I’ll wait here.”

Looking at her doubtingly I asked back.

“You sure of that?”

She nodded to that with a serious expression, leaving me no other choice besides complying to her order.

Following the smell for a little bit more, I arrived at a place where the forest gave space to a large clearing. I had to remain in the forest, though, since the clearing was filled with a dreadful vision.

Soldiers in armor, coming and going, dismantling a large encampment. They seemed to number no less than enough to form an entire company. And the soldiers weren’t alone. In iron cages, many bearkins were being dragged. Probably they were the origin of the smell we followed up to here.

I hurriedly went back to where I left Kuma, but I came across an unexpected scene.

Kuma was surrounded by a group of armoured men and a leader like one wore a golden colored armor with cross marks in his visor.

“Oh, what we have here. Another little Sinner searching for her little Sinner friends.” (Leader)

The leader guy said in a mocking tone, but Kuma didn’t seemed to pay attention. Her face was darkened and she held Schnee in her hands.

“This one looks more like it. Hahaha~ Most of the bears before felt more like rats.” (Leader)

As soon as he finished that, Kuma was already swinging her spear at him. The coldness was great enough to reach me, but…

“I didn’t allowed you that, little Sinner.” (Leader)

He swung his sword, that seemed to be clad in a strange fire and brushed her spear off with ease.

As he did that, the swords of the other knights around seemed to glow for a moment.

“Tch...” (Kuma)

Kuma clicked her tongue and stared daggers at him.

“Don’t worry. We won’t hurt you. ‘He’ is fond of your kind, even more little Sinners like you.” (Leader)

Saying that he signaled with his hand and all the knights around pulled their swords and reinforced the encirclement.

Kuma looked around restlessly trying to figure out a way to flee. At some point, our eyes met, but it was already too late.

My ears stood up as I heard a sharp sound and screamed in reflex.

“MASTER!!” (Maligno)

An arrow pierced her in her left shoulder and two other came lodging in her left forearm and back. She lost her balance for a moment and the knights advanced to catch her.

I had screamed without thinking, so it was obvious that they heard me. The leader guy turned to the direction I was in the forest, but he didn’t seemed like he spotted me.

“Huh? So there’s another Sinner out in the woods? Go catch him.” (Leader)

Some of the knights started to come to where I was, so all I could do was run with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I ran as fast as I could. Out of the forest, onwards to the city. I didn’t thought that I would be safe there, though, so I would left as soon as I was done.

As soon as I reached the city, my first action was going to the slums. I didn’t had many favors to use, but I still had some in my pocket.

Cutting my finger, I wrote a blood painted letter, hoping this would give her at least a bit of sense of urgency.

This was my last chance. This was my only chance. This was the only hope I could get for Kuma.

I hurriedly wrote the card, addressed to Aeternus. More specifically, Mirea.

"By the time you read that, I will probably be on the run.

Kuma was caught by some guys wearing armor. You have to help her, please. They're probably from the Empire, since the leader looking guy had some strange cross holes in his visor.

There was a bunch of them. If I were to guess, an entire Brigade. I also could see some other bearkins in cages being dragged together with the soldier, so they're probably up to no good. I know I'm asking much, but please, help her.

I'll be fine, but please, help Kuma.

Please, Mirea."

After that, I didn’t had many more to do there. I needed to find some place to hide myself.
    OOC: It took a bit longer because of school but here it is, finally done.
    @Way if you want to know what happened.

17. AmIaCat

AmIaCat [ Shem's Kouhai ] [ AmIaCat ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoru left the tavern enrage because he got so full of his wife Sentina always telling him to change for them. He left the frontier village and went to the great plains to vent out his anger.

-- In the Great Plains--

Yoru walk around aimlessly in the Great Plains, engaging every monster he sees even if they outnumbered him. Orcs, Kobolds, Lizardmen, anything! He just engaged them without the proper conduct of a hunter that needs to wait patiently and set traps, he can't think straight at all because he's always thinking about why can't his wives see that he changed.

"( I change for them, I was nicer and I even treated them gentler than I was before. I even stop killing just to enjoy my life with them and now? She's telling me to change again? GODDAMNIT! CAN'T THEY SEE I CHANGED?! )"

Even while thinking about that, he never stops fighting the monsters. He fights recklessly like a berserker, not minding the wounds he got. He remembered the joy of killing that he forgot since the day he met Kynn and Sentina. He was full of bloodlust, he just wants to kill and kill until he washed away the sorrow in his heart.

" DIE YOU F*CKING ORC! " ( Yoru )
    "K-k-kill him!!! Hiiiii!!" ( Orc )
    *Slash* ( Knife )
    *Thud* *Thud* ( Head )
    "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! THIS. IS. FUN!!!" ( Yoru )
    " Kill the beast!! Charge!! " ( Orc leader )
    " Kill!!!!!! " ( Orcs )
    "HAHAHAHAHA! THE MORE THE BETTERRRRR..... COME ON!!!!!"

Laughing and smiling like a maniac, he proceeded to kill every orcs that charge at him. One by one the orcs started falling, either stabbed on their heart and throat, or got their heads sliced off the body. Don't fall in the illusion that he doesn't have wounds, in fact he was full of it but he just ignored it because each kill gave him strength, each kill gave him happiness and each kill let him forget the sorrow in his heart.

-- Moments later --

"Hah... Hah... Hahahahahahaha!! Kill!! "
    *Kneels*

After killing a whole troop of orcs, he was finally exhausted, but the desire to kill is still not calming down, he wants to kill more. Covered with wounds all over his body, he struggled to stand up and find another prey to vent his anger on. When suddenly,

"D-die monster! " (Orc)
    *Puchi*
    " Kahak! *Coughs blood* Roaar!"
    *Slash*
    "Ahhhhh-" (Orc)
    *Dead*

An Orc has stab him on the chest. Successfully killing it, he grab the sword handle, pulled it out of his body then throw it away.

"Damn! *Cough* there's still one *cough**cough* alive."
    *Plop*

Feeling his life slowly withering away, he lied down the ground facing the sky while slowly gaining clarity of what's happening.

"Ha.. ha... Ahahaha! *Cough**Cough* I'm such an *Cough* Idiot."
    *Coughs blood*
    I'm such an idiot. Now I'm gonna lose my life because of my idiocy. Well I guess, this is fine too.
    I took out the hunter necklace that was supposed to be used for my marriage proposal for Kynn and Sentina. I looked at it for a while, then clutched my hand looked at the sky.

"I guess this is how it ends, huh. *Cough**Cough*"
    I'm dying, haha... And no one even witnessed how I died... Great. Atleast I didn't see Kynn and Sentina's crying face.

Slowly losing his conciousness, he closed his eyes and wait for the impending death that was coming. Feeling he was about to lose conciousness, he muttered his dying wish.

"I wish, both Kynn and Sentina to live... happily... without me...."
    *Slowly losing conciousness*
    " I love..... You...... Both."
    *Smile*

"Yoru!!!"

-- End of first part --
    OOC: @Kysil @Quaesitor

18. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... it's not bad, but still feels like it could better.
    Well, whatever
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Courtesy to @Quaesitor for collabing with me
    Here it is @ViceGunman
    The library of Aeternus.
    A rather nice an quiet place. Hubo nodded as before he returned to...study a book?
    And it was no slouch of a book either- you could probably knock someone out with it with enough force.
    Also, beside him was quite the number of books, stack neatly into a small tower.
    None of their sizes were any inferior to the one he was currently reading, heck- some were even thicker!
    You could *almost* stop a barn gate in the middle of a storm with so many books of such size!
    But now was the question.
    Why was he, a professional not-so-muderous hobo, studying?
    It was all thanks to the Body-Mind State book he now had in his possession.
    It was simply enlightning.
    The perfect utter control of one's body inevitably made him, who was once not aware feel inexperienced; almost like a fool.
    Like a blind man gaining vision, and an ant entering the third dimension
    Realising that, Hubo went to the library to find some more knowledge regarding his situation.
    He was aware of his ignorance now, and he had to fix it, and his sudden billowing curiosity and thirst of knowledge
    And it turned out -in his own words- to be simply 'bloody amazing.'
    He discovered just how much he didn't know about himself, and how his world view is small in comparison.
    And now, he wanted to learn more.
    ---
    Within the first day at the library, he was infinitely much wiser on the subject of his own being than all of the rest of his years alive.
    For all his knowledge of wisdom about the world, he only had some understanding on human biology, as that simply wasn't the kind of things one 'just' picks up along the merry way.
    He knew a little, yes, some facts and tibits he just happened to learn along the way -the world itself was a remarkable teacher- BUT that was by all accounts laugable, compared to the REAL cream of the subject.
    It required one to actually study and absorb of the subject with dilligence, for it was far more than one can just pick up in a eternal, almost aimless pilgrimage.
    That was why his wanderlust, once a roaring fire, had eventually mellowed down in the years.
    Realising that wandering could no longer offer him anything, he tried for a change.
    Being a adventurer sounded good; was a somewhat different experience for him, and he could earn some coin along the way too -Relying purely on yourself was fun in its own little way, but being always short on coin was rather inconvienient.
    It was perhaps the best choice for Hubo to take on, matter how he looked at it.
    He hoped to find something out of his new work- perhaps the very namesake of what he was now, and the guild itself.
    Thus, he had joined the guild.
    Reminsing a bit on his older days, he shook his head and got back to his new 'work'.
    Thanks to his newfound and rather sudden lust for knowledge , he soaked everything up like the biggest slime that ever was
    Or, you could just say a sponge, but that's boring and-
    *Ahem* Moving on.
    He started to spend hours, even days at hand in the library.
    ---
    "Hello Hubo, it's surprising to see you here. Did you come here to learn?"
    Hubo immediately turns his head to the direction the voice came from.
    "Oh, it's Tene! I didn't expect to find you here either!"
    Hubo is surprised to see an old friend here.
    We haven't met for months, now that I think about it... Hubo thought to himself
    "Here, come take a seat. We haven't met in ages, eh?"
    "Yes, it has been a long time. I've been in this library the last few months."
    Tene sits down on the chair Hubo offers and asks him a question.
    "So, Hubo. What happened while I was gone?"
    "The usual, new and old faces alike, people come and leave, and recently there was a raid, which I believe you've heard of. Did you join?"
    Hubo asked
    "Yes, I was in the base camp tending the wounded. Because I didn't participate in the fight, I wasn't really rewarded."
    But Tene doesn't seem to mind it.
    "That's a shame. I truly do believe supporting from the backlines can be just as important as battling directly. Oh well. I was on the defense team, was pretty intense, especially when the attacking party returned under mind control..."
    Hubo sighs as he scratched his head a bit.
    "That raid was no joke. Hmm, I can't tell exactly, but I feel that...something about you has... changed. How did things go for you, and how are you these days?"
    Hubo asks curiously
    "Helping them was reward enough for me. And you might remember my core, and that it was imperfect, always carrying the risk of breaking on it's own. Now, I have managed to improve it by partially understanding the multidimensional and filling the spaces it should have filled from the beginning, but I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. To sum it up, I 'upgraded' myself. And that makes me quite happy."
    "Nice." Hubo smirks."Glad to see that you aren't just doing well, but better. Ahh, this brings me back to older days...huh, remember back when Biel accidently released some residue chaos energy, and that...nearly caused something rather untimely?" Hubo awkwardly sighed, scratching behind his ear.
    "Sorry, I hope that doesn't bring back any bad memories"
    "Ah, that. It was... my fault after all. But I'm glad I survived. Don't be sorry for mentioning it."
    A slightly guilty look creeps on Tene's face while saying this.
    "Nah, it's senseless to blame yourself. Well, at least Biel took a look at your core and helped to repair it, eh? I don't know too much about her, but she is one of the strongest members here. Also good at...creating things, I guess? The super effective weakening bell was one of the things she created, heck its even named after her. 'Biel Bell'. Heh."
    "Must have been a pain during the repair process, sitting in the same spot all day long...and..."
    Images of a rat and coin respectively slapping on Tene's face flashed through his mind.
    "...some other unfortunate incidents along the way. Ahem"
    Hubo coughed.
    "I don't think she helped me repair the core, but yes, the following events were rather unfortunate." Even though Tene usually doesn't show many expressions, he still looks dejected.
    "And Biel really is someone you can look up to, but her skill seems unreachable."
    "Indeed.I and many others feel the same" Hubo sighs.
    "Some say she's the guild's most powerful...frontliner."
    "I don't know why, but I find the last bit especially terrfiying."
    Hubo sieves his hand through his hair as he makes that statement.
    "Right, that else have you been doing here huh? I don't have much else to say on my end but I assume you have more interesting tales to tell."
    "Well, I have been doing research about various topics here, and this woman, Sentina, often comes here and I teach her when I have time. that's actually a bit funny, considering that I have only lived for about ten years until now, and she is over twenty." A smill smile is visible on Tene's libs.
    "Sentina huh? I'm a acquintance of her too. Nice young lady." Hubo strokes his chin.
    "She has been doing pretty well for herself too...heck, married and even expecting a baby too, if I remember correctly."
    "And well, most of us sentients take plenty of years to truly mature. Well, you are an exception to that case I feel, and wisdom is not determined by age. Age is only a factor because it means they have more time to gather wisdom. A fool can be many times older than someone more experienced."
    "I am happy that Sentina is happy, and you seen to be rather wise yourself."
    Tene looks content, satisfied about these facts.
    "Wise? No, I'm not." Hubo shakes his head and continues.
    "I don't feel I have enough knowledge to be considered wise, and true wisdom is unachievable."
    "Wisdom doesn't necessarily need knowledge, but I'm not sure about that myself."
    It pains Tene to not know enough about this subject to help Hubo.
    "Indeed. Wisdom can be the simplest of tricks and things, and is all encompassing. Ignorance is simply lower forms of wisdom."
    Hubo says this while nodding in agreement at the same time.
    "Anyway, there isn't that much that's new for me. I could show you dimensional magic, but I haven't really mastered my current knowledge about it."
    Hearing that, Hubo leans forward a bit
    "Well, please do share what you know; I'm really am somewhat curious now."
    "Dimensional magic isn't something commonly seen, but something you can do with it is this." Suddenly, Tene seems to partially disappear and is see-through. "I have partially shifted to another dimension, causing most light of this dimension to pass through me. But as I am not sure what kinds of creatures I can expect in other dimensions, I don't do this often." Having finished this sentence, tene becomes normal again.
    "Interesting...otherdimensionly creatures?" Hubo picks up particularly on the topic of otherdimensionly creatures
    "Hmmm...mind if you elaborate a bit more on that certain part?"
    "Now, as for the creatures. While I wasn't quite sure at the beginning, I am certain now. There are creatures not bound to our three dimensions, or our world. I haven't actually seen one yet, but I am not sure if I would like to actually do that. Their powers are incomprehensabel to me."
    Tene elaborates
    "That...amazing. creatures beyond the three dimensions? From different dimensions perhaps? I can see why contacting one is a bad idea though. Man is afraid of the dark and unknown for a reason, and it does have a valid justification.For what is out there...nobody really knows."
    Hubo scratches his chin
    "I'm not sure what or from where, but I am sure that there are some. And be it creatures from this world that have evolved. Indeed a reason to be careful, no matter which of those it is. But enough of that. What brought you here?"
    After pondering about this topic for a while, Tene is curious about Hubo's reason for coming here.
    "Well..."
    Hubo starts pulls out the Body-Mind State skillbook and starts explaining.
    "...Having total control over one self. It's weird, yet at the same time oddly enlightening. It has given me the realisation about how little I know about my self, my physical being.
    So, I have come here to attempt to learn more about how I am, and how I work."Hubo finishes.
    "So you have come to learn about human biology. You should be able to find more book about it in room 6, especially row 1 to 15. But this skill really is interesting. If you have any questions I can answer, I would be more than willing to help and understand your skill better."
    "Thanks, for the pointer... although I've already found the section." Hubo points to his nearby stack of books.
    "Well, Thanks anyways. I don't have any questions currently, but I do figure I'll be here more often these days...I'll find you if I need too, I guess. But thanks again for offering your help"
    Hubo shrugs.
    "No need to thank me. You should be able to easily find me in the library." Although Tene says this, it doesn't show any signs of leaving and observes Hubo and the books.
    "Hmm...Tene, may I ask if you know..."
    As Tene doesn't seem to be leaving, Hubo takes the liberty of asking some questions regarding certain points he needed some input on, and Tene kept answering his questions patiently, occasionally asking a question back. If there was a point where the answer isn't clear, they would spend some time discussing it before solving the problem or moving on to the next one.
    ---
    "Hubo, you have learned a lot this month. If I hadn't specialized on human biology too for some time, I would be unable to help you at this point." Seeing someone else thirst for knowledge that much makes Tene smile.
    "Well, it's also in no small part thanks to your help.I would not have picked it up so easily if not for you"
    Hubo smirks as he shakes Tene's hand in gratitude.
    "I owe you one. And I never expected you to be so well-versed in human biology!"
    "This is a bit embarrassing. Actually, I know that much because I once tried to make myself human, but it was impossible. And you don't have to thank me, I also learned a lot."
    Tene still is a bit sad that he can't be human, but noticed that it is not much of a difference in mind.
    "Well, I feel it isn't so bad to be as you are right now, trying to be something you aren't isn't nesscarily the best decision, That can even be a grave mistake..."
    Hubo sighs, as he thinks of something.
    Who knows what he exactly he was thinking about, but it was most likely a tibit from his past travels
    "'Trying to be something you aren't'... do you mean acting, or creating a new body for yourself? If it is the second one, I can do it."
    "...You can create a human body for yourself?!"
    Hubo is geniunely shocked this time.
    "Are you serious?"
    "I should be able to do something like that, yes. But instead of the heart or brain, I would have my core."
    "Wow...amazing. How can you do that?"
    Hubo asks amazed.
    "Well, I just have to connect that body to my core. As long as I can do that, I can make anything my body."
    "Hmmm...so you can manipulate quite literally almost anything connected to you? How do you do it?"
    "I have to be able to connect it with me. That means, it will need something I can send my mana through."
    Happy to explain it to Hubo, Tene talks to Hubo with a smile.
    Hubo cups his chin
    "I can see. Hmmm...well, how exactly does your core work, by the way?"
    "Hmmm...would it make a bit more sense to place the...'brain' in the inner most layer? Or was that intentional due to circumstances...perhaps having to concentrate the mana there?...Do forgive my ramblings, I'm not that well versed in this subject..."Hubo starts wondering out loud, before catching himself
    "Actually, they are sorted by importance. If the gathering array gets damaged, I would be unable to survive. If the 'brain' gets damaged, it can be repaired. If the storage gets damaged, it's no big problem."
    Remembering previous accidents where the core was damaged, Tene shows a slightly bitter smile.
    "Alright, I can see it that way." Hubo nods.
    "Anyways, I think it's been enough for today, I should probably take my leave now."
    "Alright. It was interesting talking with you, I hope we will meet again."
    Smiling, Tene imagines the future.
    "Right, it's been a good day."
    Hubo stands up, carefully moving the chair.
    "See you tomorrow."
    "Indeed, see you tomorrow." Tene is smiling, obviously happy about this day.
    ---
    Hubo was now at least someone more knowledgable on the subject of humans, to be more specific their very being than most beings alive ever will.
    But he didn't stop his pursuit of knowledge.
    He dug more and more, and even started becoming interested in other subjects and what they had to offer
    Before he knew it, he was falling deeper and deeper in the pursuit of knowledge.
    A desire, just a strong- no, even more intense than the wanderlust he once had, years and years ago.
    It finally hit him.
    "I never was in pursuit of just the world, but all it had to offer."
    ---
    He now had much more knowledge of himself than ever.
    Skills are useless without the knowledge needed- now which he had in spades.
    He certainly was no master on the subject, but after months of studying he could at least have some right to feel more accomplished if he wanted to.
    But he understood that the road was long and neverending.
    "But I still seem to be missing something..."
    The man frowned, as he cradled a book on meridians.
    "Knowledge paired with skill, but it doesn't seem to be enough..."
    "A fighter needs knowledge on himself and the enemy to fight more efficiently....but what else does he need?"
    "A worker needs the knowledge of what he is working with, the pure skill and dexterity he has, and...wait.
    Materials.
    Tools.
    That's it!"
    A figurative spark goes off in his head as he realises what he was lacking.
    "One needs the knowledge he understands, the skills he possesses...and the tools he needs to work with!"
    "I need. A tool. Or to be specific, a better tool.
    A swordsman is nothing without a trusty blade, and so is a smith without his hammer.
    My best tool is my body, yet it is weak and fragile compared to the world out there.
    I need to strengthen it, for a weak tool will not do as well.
    A swordsman can never show his skill completely with a poor blade, nor a smith with only a rock."
    "I now know what else I need." Hubo gets up, shutting the book tight before going off.
    ---
    Hubo arrives at the usual meeting place.
    Already waiting for Hubo is Tene, currently reading a few books.
    "Hello, Tene."
    Hubo greets him.
    "Oh, Hubo. Sorry, I didn't notice you. It's nice to meet you again."
    Hubo shrugs.
    "Nah, there's no need to be so formal."
    "Alright Hubo. So, what do you want to talk about today?"
    Tene asks.
    "Right...today I want to learn about something else.
    May I ask where the books on mana and magic in general are kept?"
    "Mana and magic. They should be on floor two, the first room to your right if you want to start with the basics."
    Hubo nods
    "Right, any book reccomendations in particular?" Hubo asked
    "I think 'Magic for Goblins and other stupid creatures' from K. R. R. Wollkien would be a good place to start, if you want to learn the basics. Most other books assume you have basic knowledge."
    Hubo nods again in appreciation.
    "Thanks, I'll be off now."
    "I'm happy to be of help."
    Says Tene, waving Hubo goodbye while smiling.
    Hubo waves back as he leaves.
    "I know what will be my tool, my weapon."
    ravoli in pieces, spoiler title was too long ;_;

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  19. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... A small SS before I post my quest reports.
    It'll take a bit, though...
    As I pushed the pair of decorated wooden doors, a sea of bookshelves greeted me. There was a desk full of staff members from the guild busily working with paperwork and the flux of books that entered and exited the library.

My reason to be there, unfortunately, wasn’t to read a book. Well, I would like if it was so, but I was here for a single reason.

Closing my eyes for a bit, I sensed my targeted destination and sighed.

Wandering through the maze like library, I finally found what I was looking for.

A girl with a long silvery white was crouched in the ground. She was looking at the opposite direction, so the only thing I could see from her was the long hair flowing all the way to the ground like a waterfall.

Around her, many books were thrown in the ground and it was possible to see a lot of doodles in the ground, near shelves and even on her feet, that protruded from her flowing hair.

“As expected, you were here again… Wasn’t you banned from entering here?” (Alby)

I asked the girl, which turned around to look at me.

Her face was thin, so was her arms, legs… well, her body was considerably thin. Not that she normally looked like that. She had an overflowing amount of energy when we got here, but after she started locking herself in this library, her body became thinner day by day.

“Ah~ Alby~~ Good that you came to visit me~~” (Mandy)

Although she wanted to sound cheerful, her voice ended up sounding weak and hoarse.

Looking better at her, she had many marks of burns, frostbites, swollen places on her skin and scars. Moreover…

“If you weren’t my sister, I would think the Guild was nurturing a baby dragon at the library…” (Alby)

Her unnatural mana was flowing out of her. Normally she would have it kept in check, but as her body conditions worsen, her control over it lessens.

“Don’t worry~~ I’m keeping it hidden, you know~~?” (Mandy)

“Although I can see that it’s hidden, the it only blocks normal persons to sense it. Moreover, it’s easy to mistake your aura with bloodlust if one is a skilled fighter. And magic users like me can easily sense it if they want.” (Alby)

“Well, then I’m glad that it was you that came here instead of a macho man wanting to hunt down me~” (Mandy)

“Don’t even joke about it. Just now I saw the staffs looking suspiciously in this direction when I entered the library.” (Alby)

“If that happens, I just have to run off as always~~” (Mandy)

“You are for real, good grief...” (Alby)

Pinching the area between my eyes, I tried to control my urge to whack her head here and now. But that was not important for now.

“So, have you found what you wanted?” (Alby)

“Ah, about that...” (Mandy)

Amanda picks up one of the fallen books from the ground. It was different from the rest of they, having a new looking cover and with ‘Fictus Liones’ written on golden letters at it. I frowned a bit as I saw that name.

“When you told me about grimoires, I became a bit interested… I spent days and days studying the runes on that book I brought here, though I can’t still identify from where they were...” (Mandy)

She pointed to the books around one by one using her frail arm that didn’t seemed like it could exert much strength at the moment.

“Draconic Runes, Elven Runes, Dwarvish Runes… no one fits it~~ There are many more books about runes here, but I doubt I can find about those ones at this point~” (Mandy)

“Is… that so?” (Alby)

Not hiding my shock, I answered her while pondering. The book left to us by our father, the one that Amanda used to learn how to use a magic that even her could cast.

It was written in the common language of the Holy Empire, but the runes in it were nowhere to be found even in this huge library. It could only mean one thing.

“This means that...” (Alby)

Confirming my fears, Amanda nodded weakly and smiled drily.

“Yup~ Most probably, the only place we can get to know what kind of runes are those is the Holy Empire~” (Mandy)

“But they don’t seem like Sacred Runes at all.” (Alby)

“I know that~ Actually, they bear more resemblance to Draconic Runes~~ But they seem to be mixed with another kind of runes that I don’t know nor can’t find here~” (Mandy)

“I understand… so we’ll have to go back there someday...” (Alby)

“I also don’t want it too~ But we need to if we want to find Father~~” (Mandy)

Sighing, I pointed to the Fictus Liones book she was holding.

“And what would be that, exactly?” (Alby)

“Ah, that~! I forgot to say! I was talking about grimoires, right? So, I started reading about them and wondered, ‘is it possible to create one?’~~”

“Then this is….?!”

“Almost it~~ My abilities are not enough to create one at the moment, so I created this~~”

Stopping for a moment to check the book, I could sense traces of Amanda’s mana. It was a disarray of mana flows forcefully arranged in the book. It was just like Amanda.

Although she’s the one skilled with magic, her magical use is inefficient and she wasted too much mana to cast spells. Her spells and mana were wild as an animal and had tendencies to run amok.

Looking at that, I sighed and extended my hand.

“Can I have a look for a moment?”

“Of course~~~!! I was waiting for you to say that~!”

Amanda happily handed me the book. I opened it and started skimming through the pages. It seems like she used the Lionel’s letters instead of the Common Language or the Sacred Letters from the Empire to write it.

Of course, there were contents also in the runes from our father’s book, but also some draconic runes here and there.

“Heh? Quite the good work.”

Saying that, I started my work. I poured some of my mana, although not much since I don’t have that many mana. Just enough to form the magic circles I needed for this work.

It took a heavy toll on my head, so I wasn’t able to move a single muscle while I was doing it.

After the circles activated, the hazardous mana in the book stabilized and I was able to feel it properly.

“This is really like a grimoire… Though the feeling lacks a bit. But, anyway, why Fictus Liones?” (Alby)

“You already know what it means~~ Why asking~~?” (Mandy)

“What a bad taste for names, is what I want to say.” (Alby)

Fictus Liones… this was a title I wasn’t fond of. The story behind it dates from before Lionel became a dukedom under the Holy Empire and was an independent kingdom.

During the Kings Era before being conquered by the Holy Empire of Man, Amaros Lionel, the fifth king of the Lionel, died in a winter combat against the forces that reside in the southern part of the current Holy Empire. The older child was done in together with him, while the second son, at the age of fourteen wasn’t able to last the winter and died from illness, leaving no male descendant.

The only remaining child the former king Amaros had was a girl, but she was too young to be queen yet.

A regent was appointed to rule the kingdom because of that, and since the current situation did not afforded the war to continue, Lionel had to negotiate a truce with the south.

The condition to raise the peace banner was a marriage between the future queen and the younger son of the southern kingdom and the promise that they wouldn’t start a war as long as his reign lasted.

Although with some resistance, the truce conditions were accepted and the war ended in a tie.

The young boy that came from the south turned into the seventh king of the Kings Era, not only keeping the promise of not starting any war with the south, but managing to avoid any other war.

During his reign, the kingdom of Lionel had a great increase in its internal power and secured allies in the nearby kingdoms, what lead to, far in the future, the White Era, that led to the conquer of Lionel when they started war with the Empire to protect their allies.

Due to his nature really different from the rest of the kings of Lionel, the indirect consequences of his actions and his eagerness to avoid wars led him to gain the infamous name in the tales of the Kings Era of Fictus Liones, the False Lion of Lionel.

Not only that, but with the passage of time, his name also started to be considered a cursed name. The Seventh King of the Kings Era, the False Lion of Lionel, Alberon the Fourth.

“I knew you would love this name~~” (Mandy)

I handed the book back to her with a dry smile.

“Yeah, I loved it. But you can keep it.” (Alby)

I turned back to leave, but, remembering something, I took some things out of my item box. A bundle with three potions gifted by the Guildmaster and some food and water.

“Eat and use those potions… It’ll somehow help with your health. Also, when you feel like it… come out of this library.” (Alby)

“Okay~~” (Mandy)

Hearing her weak response, I made my way out of the library, worried for her.

After Alby left, I glanced at the food and potions he left behind.

“Later~”

I left Fictus Liones in the ground again. It was a book I had written in the time I spent here, making use of the tested runes I knew and, with the help of Alby, I turned into an Grimoire!

… Or so it should be, but it’s not one yet~

In any case, my objective right now wasn’t this, but testing something I was eager to show Alby.

Reaching out for my item box, that I left in the ground, I took out a wooden staff from it. More than a wooden staff, it looked more like a wood stick that we decided to name staff out of pity.

Since I only had one, it meant I only had one chance.

This is bad, but also good!

It’s good to practice under pressure~~.

Gripping the staff, I poured a bit of my mana as carefully as I could to not put the mana flow of the wood in disarray.

Hm… This is a bit difficult~

At least more than I thought.

After making my mana run through all of the staff, I discovered more or less how much mana it could fit in it~

Now, onto my test~

I took out a carving knife I asked Alby to buy for me and started cutting the staff.

Hm~~ Hm~~

Since the max that this staff can handle is four, I carved a three rune, single action spell~

Although not strong because of the lack of proper materials, it’ll allow me to increase the resistance and strength the staff has when I pour mana to hit someone.

This will be enough for me as a weapon for close combat for now~

Now, onto my next test~

It’s a problem if I have to draw runes in my enemies to fight. Of course, I can draw the spells on myself and use my body as weapon, but that might be dangerous.

That’s why I decided to use a certain method!

My aim at the moment is something like that strange person, what was his name again?

Kroenen~? I think it was something like that~~

That thing he used to destroy the spinning thing he put on my head.

In other words, my aim at the moment is to shot runes just like he did with the bullets of that gun~~

I started practicing with a simple wind bullet spell in minimum output, using a book as target.

Making a gun with my hand, I started to practice.

After one hour, I finally was able to shot the first wind bullet like that.

After three hours I started to understand a bit more about how to control it, though it’s still hard and I have yet to hit the book.

After five hours I finally hit the book for the first time, but I still want to practice a bit more my accuracy.

After twelve hours, I was finally hitting seven out of ten shots. Well, the book is not moving, so it’s not that hard to hit it…

Anyway~ That’s a victory at least!

I decided to name this thing Rune Gun, since it was made based on the gun that Kroenen had showed me~

Now is better to use those potions and eat some food~

Talking about that, I also want to visit the tavern~ Maybe I'll even try to pull a prank on Alby~

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Way, Kuma Desu and AliceShiki like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This is quite a small one, it happens after what happened yesterday on the tavern.

"Okaa-san, don't die..." "You're a good girl Hikari." "Stay away from me!" Her skin became pale, the hair lost its color and the body quickly lost weight. "No, not again!" I was hugged "It's okay, he is finally able to rest now..." Blood filled the bed. "I love you." "Marisa-sama!" The blond of her hair swayed as she fought with her wives. "It's my fault..." Loud sounds reverberated through the air, I scaredly turned towards the one that brought me here. "I hope we can still be good friends..."

I woke up. I was panting, the bed sheets were in a mess and I was sweating all over.

"Where... How... How did Hikari get here..."

Hikari was... The tavern... Then there was... A.. Voice? From the ground...? Death... It was scary... Was it... Who was...? Hikari doesn't remember... It was scary... Why was it so scary...? What happened in the first place? Hikari is confused, Hikari doesn't understand... What was Hikari scared of...?

*knocking sounds*

"Is everything alright?"
    "Ha-hai! Hikari is okay!"
    "There were some shouting noises, so I came to see it, you're sure you're okay there?"
    "Um... Uhm! Hikari is okay!"
    *small pause* "Thank the gods, everyone was worried when you were suddenly carried over here by those skeletons. I heard you fainted while on the tavern? What happened?"
    "Hikari... Fainted?" *tilts head* "Hikari... Isn't sure, Hikari remembers feeling scared... And death... But... Hikari doesn't know what made it..."
    "Your memories are still in trouble then? Well, nothing that can be done about it, at least you're safe. Come downstairs when you're ready, lunch is already being served."
    "Lunch!? For how long did Hikari sleep!?"
    "About 16h... You really know how to worry people, you know?"
    "Hikari... Hikari is sorry..."
    *gentle tone" "Don't worry, the people here are just glad you're okay, make sure to come down soon, okay?"
    "Hai!"
    "I'll be waiting then!" *stepping sounds, becoming quieter with each step*

Hikari is still confused... But Hikari thinks she won't be able to take much of this... It should be better to just go into the tavern... Maybe Hikari will understand things with time... Hikari hopes so...

Getting out of bed, Hikari took a quick bath, dressed herself and went to the inn's dining hall to have lunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.