Spoiler Spoiler request Doomed to be Cannon Fodder

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, May 15, 2017.

1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally finished all the raw MTL reading. Keep in mind this novel is ongoing so I've only read up to the 200-something chapters released so far and MTL wasn't kind to me. Adding onto vsukio's post:

First 'cold war' between MC & ML happens because ML wanted MC to move in with him. In those days, the husbando and waifu and concubines each had their own sections of the estate to live in. MC refused to move and wanted to stay in her own courtyard. ML was not happy lol, but eventually sorta gives up and gives in. He likes to sleep with MC. Before their relationship is consummated, they slept platonically a lot. The cuddling is cute. :3

Actually, MC was the one who was unhappy during the almost-wedding. By that time she and ML were pretty serious (don't think they'd actually slept together yet though feelings were talked about). ML had reassured MC that he was going to do something about it, but imagine watching your man get married... The poor martial arts guy shows up and proclaims his love for the heroine, who tries to deny that she slept with him. ML is calm as a cucumber and just requests a doctor to come along and test the heroine. As expected, the heroine has a pregnancy pulse -- AKA she's unchaste and therefore not suitable for marriage. Marriage is broken off, heroine is taken away by her lover.

MC & ML talk about feelings some more and I think they officially consummate their relationship. Unfortunately, MC is still a concubine. They get it on and MC becomes pregnant. They're very sweet together and happy over their kid. Unfortunately, there's international strife and stuff going on in the harem. ML still has like 4 concubines left over that his mom saddled him with (he doesn't sleep with them but it's not like he can get rid of them so easy). One of them is spy of sorts and poisons both MC and ML with some kind of poisonous aphrodisiac (?) and MC is almost manipulated into killing ML while they're attempting to sleep together. Kind of read like a very uncharacteristic bondage scene at first lol, but that was the manipulation. MC manages to keep her head on long enough to warn ML. ML breaks the bonds and gets rid of most of poison in MC. Blah blah they resolve the issue and the evil concubine is a goner. Sometime after this incident, MC gives birth. It's a difficult birth and she almost dies, flashing her briefly to her original world in the hospital before she returns back. One really touching scene describes how this fearless war god ML's hands were actually shaking for the first time in his life. They have a cute little son.

Soon after ML has to leave to go to war. He tries to reassure MC that he'll be back soon. They both know that in his absence, the concubines might run rampant and hurt MC. MC just makes ML promise that if he ever has to marry in the future, he should choose someone kind who will take care of their son properly. You bet this makes ML's heart hurt, the fatalistic tone really got to him. A while after ML leaves, MC remembers something I think and has to steel her heart to leave her baby behind and go save her man in the war (she talks with her maid and leaves a letter with the ML's mom explaining stuff). The scholarly guy who is ML's best friend and this Jianghu expert guy (he's got some kind of personality disorder, other side is a little kid) guard her on her way. Blah blah more stuff, MC is captured and runs into the heroine. Heroine's situation is not good but she's honestly nuts; dragged her poor lover through the dirt and got him killed, threw her baby to the ground and killed him. o_O

Crazy heroine blames the MC who is so fed up by now. MC could have escaped (she had a knife hidden) but wanted to save the kid. It was too late but she did manage to give the kid a burial at least. She attempts to seduce/kill one of the leaders on that side but only manages to injure him. Luckily ML dug a tunnel to make war on the camp anyway and came to the rescue. There's a nice reunion. MC and ML share thoughts and ML is pleasantly surprised at his 'war-crazy' woman with all these good plans/ideas. LOL

MC can't be openly a woman but she gets found out (one reason is that crazy heroine...). ML was sentenced to punishment (petty reason but there you go douchebag royalty) but MC and friends split it between them so ML can be functional by the time it's through. Everyone is impressed with MC's strength -- she was beaten (lightly, but still) and didn't make a sound. MC somehow gets a fever and ML and everyone is worried.

That's about where the raws end for now lol.

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    If ML saved heroine from being raped, then shouldn't he himself knows if she actually got raped or not?

Hotato and scriptor like this.
  3. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    As it turns out, the heroine is a bit loose. Or as MC puts it, her 'heart is too big.' She sleeps with quite a few guys. And yes, I get a feeling that the ML figured out that the heroine wasn't a virgin. The trick wasn't knowing whether or not she was a virgin as much as making it public enough that he could break off the marriage.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek:
    Was she loose before or after the rape? Did she slept with her cousin as well? Does her mother and brother knows about this? I'm pretty surprised this is a novel protagonist

5. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to tell with MTL lol. But I think she was loose even before. Remember how she ran off with that cousin? I think that's when it started. No one in her family knew she was unchaste, otherwise they probably wouldn't have pushed for the marriage (except maybe that sleazy mother of hers). Her father was especially furious.

Yeah, I was surprised too. The translated chapters and most of the beginning ones made the heroine seem like a sweet, silly girl. She even had something of a hero-worship complex going on for the super-beautiful MC. Then she started falling for the ML and seems to have gone completely bonkers afterward...

6. Yumika12345

Yumika12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor
    Wow thanks for all the spoilers and the raws but just wondering how does the ML's mother think of the MC. Does she still see her in a favorable light or is she starting to not like her anymore cause she got the ML in trouble and punished?

7. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML's mother still likes the MC. Only thing she's not happy about is how MC is a concubine and in the eyes of society ML still needs a proper wife. Once status is set, it's difficult if not impossible to change.

And you have to remember that they're at the warfront right now lol. News doesn't travel that fast. She has no idea about punishment, not that she'd blame the MC. The MC explained why she went in the letter, hoping that the old lady would understand. I think she will, 'cause that old lady is a pretty nice person in her own way.

8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not so sure but in the raws i read, it was already complete...

- yes at the middle of the novel, Long Heng (ML) married Bai Xiangxui (MC) as main wife
    -they had 3 children, a firstborn son and a dragon and phoenix twin
    -LH became emperor and had BX appointed as empress
    -the original heroine got sold in a brothel with LH cutting her mouth before selling her. Everyone knows of this.
    Edit: the decision to sell the heroine to the brothel as a 2nd class prostitute was actually decided by the MIL.
    -heroine actually was a virgin before until she was rescued by LH. In the Long Wang fu, the mercenary lover, her kidnapper after she was separated from her cousin, mistakenly thought that she had sex so he in rage raped her. However after the deed was done is when he discovered that she was in fact a virgin. Actually, eventhough she was a bit promiscuous while she was hiding/escaping LH, she always stopped the men from doing penetrative sex. So calling her virgin is only technical in a sense.

Hope that help.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  9. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember where you read the raws? Also, did any more love rivals towards the ML and MC show up? (assuming there might be since you said this is only midway in the novel). What happened to the supporting ML (best friend), personality disorder guy, and the other concubines?

Hae_UNa likes this.
  10. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi can you tell me more how ML can married MC as main wife and their life after they're become emperor and empress ????

11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, that is really helpful! Do you still have the link to the raws you read? I wanna binge-MTL the rest lol. :D

Hae_UNa and Yumika12345 like this.
  12. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Try this link.
    I peek at the last chapter in the link. It's already cover ML and MC as emperor and empress, with two extra chapters (MC's maid story and some chief martial art story)

13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! :D

*goes off to read*

alexfilia likes this.
  14. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @shelvibie17 there was a prince, prince Rong and i am not sure what is his relation to the royal family, in the base city while there was war that LH was spearheading. Like in the earlier post, BX has knowledge that could help in the war so she went in the battlefield to help. With her knowledge helping and saving the army, the prince has her instated(?) as his sister. So that makes her idenity noble, and since the whole capital already knows of the heroine/original fiancee's transgression she was able to marry him inspite of other's trying yo stop them.

There wasn't much stated in their life after they became emperor and empress. Only that for the first time, BX was opposed to the MIL wanting to have more concubine because earlier before LH went to war, all concubine were dismissed, LH noticed and talked to his mother not worry about it. Also, there was the point that if there are other women it may lead to her grandchildren's death due to infighting, i am not sure if it was LH or her first grandson who said that, but she agreed because she loves her grandchildren very much. At the end, she was satisfied of her life and LH's life.

anira, lizabernal96, Ease and 12 others like this.
  15. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio the link provided i where i read the raws. The concubines are all dismissed as far as i know, before LH went to war. In an earlier post, it was stated that she was telling LH about him remarrying and to choose someone kind so their son will be safe. It was because she was thinking that she may be brought back to her original body in time when she gives birth. But
    LH interpreted it as her saying some sort of goodbye due to her not knowing if she will survive childbirth.
    Both men are mentioned to be married to other women that are a match for them. One of the extra chapter is about YuShu/YuKuang meeting his wife.

There are many love rivals. Some became friends and others only lusted after her. Those that became her friends are the 2nd ML(Song-something), Yu Shu but his love is of the pure kind the way a child loves, Luo Yuzheng, the mercenary/ rivers and rains(?) that was originally in love with heroine. Those that lusted after her that tried to rape her and inject aphrodisiac to her are the emperor and an undercover prince from the enemy country.
    In LH part, there are also many crazy fangirls after him, especially his power and authority. There was his cousin-of-a-sort that the old madam first like and had delusions of being his concubine, a mixed person, someone with blue eyes and the evil villain who was also a transported person Su Jun.

16. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    What role does the cactus play??? Comic relief?

scriptor and kiara8 like this.
  17. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm... something like spies tools??
    With its thorn, it can told MC where someone with thorn is, and I think it will told her too if someone will harm MC.

18. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @lazynoodles not really, the cactus is the reason she transmigrate to the novel and the way she can come back. It is sort of magical as with it's help she can also divine what will happen if she choose to do one thing. And like @Aeiru28 said, BX also makes use of it as spy gadgets and info. gatherer. Because BX can communicate with the cactus, she can hear whatever the cactus can hear wherever one of it's thorns are. Not only in the novel world, the ability to see and hear wherever there was a cactus also reaches across the original world. At the end of novel, it had proven to run in the blood of their children and descendants, so instant spies.

Edit: LH also knows that she can communicate with the cactus and its spying abilities. But her transmigrating status remains to be a secret.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi do you already finished the raw? What happened to the MC original body in original world? Did she died or in coma?

scriptor likes this.
  20. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aeiru28 i think the raws i read are finished because there are epilogues and extra chapters.
    Nothing was said about her body in the real/original world after she decided to stay in the novel world. The last glimpse she saw was when she was loaded to an ambulance and she woke briefly there surprising the paramedics but she still woke up in the novel world. Which was actually confusing because in the first time, she already saw her body hooked up in machines then in the 2nd time she was only being carried to an ambulance because her co-workers called 911(?), so what happened?