Here are some facts from working with Qidian (Noodletown)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't mean they aren't successful.
    What 'beef'? I don't have any 'beef'. I thought it was pretty civil until you started throwing in stuff like 'gg learn to argue' or whatever it was. Honestly, I don't even think that it was really out of context anyway. Noodle said it wasn't all about the money, you said it was. I said it wasn't. Flow is fine. I did take it to mean all translators because the post that noodle quoted was also saying that some translators etc. which generally refers to them as a whole. I don't really see where this has been going but if you want the last word that badly you can have it.

2. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im here with ma popcorn n soda ready, anyone?

3. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the authors us a breath in these novels, is a breath only 1 second?
    I always thought it was about 3-5 seconds which is how about how long an in and out cycle of breathing is, assuming you are not hyperventilating or doing deep, slow breaths.

Tramsloof likes this.
  4. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Noodle said it wasn't about money.. Then in the same post he said it was about money. I even gave you the hint to the post.. Look at statements 4 and 8 from the post I quoted. I called out his bullshit. You jumped into a single line I said.

"honestly, I don't think it was out of context. "

Well, what you think and what is reality is two different things.

" I did take it to mean all translators"

And finally the truth of the matter. It's what you thought was said versus the context that it was said. I wasn't talking to all translators, I was talking to noodle. Not you or anyone else.. I was talking to noodle. So thanks for clearing it up that it was based on what you thought instead of what the posts were referencing.

As for the last word I never cared. What I cared about was you admitting that you didn't care about the context and you answered just that. So thanks, gg yet again because you fail at foruming properly along with arguing properly too.

Also, translators care about money.

5. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should have chosen your words more carefully. And in no way you should have slandered RWX by telling that he invited you. It might be a mistake but you're definitely going to be remembered forever for this mistake.

But nevertheless I enjoy both Qidian International and WW. I don't want to boycott any site. I enjoy them both.

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    *facepalm*

7. sumguy

sumguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They already do.

@noodletowntranslated
    Bit of advice, get a lawyer. You are literally an interested party since you are contracted to Qidian, and under Canadian laws, there are certain things that are a big nono for NDA (PSK vs Alberta). You might try to get lucky and claim the NDA only apply in chinese jurisdiction, good luck with that while you are residing in Canada though. Doesn't help that Ontario laws are more corporate friendly, especially when it comes to things that are dealing in confidential information (APO vs Clemens iirc).

What you are doing is indeed libelous unless you've proof since, although you aren't (and legally can't, if the leaked contract is accurate) representing Qidian, your words are malicious and non factual. If you have proof, well, you might need another lawyer upon Discovery (legal process, not the channel :p). It's one thing if you are just a random guy of the street, but it's easy to establish you as an interested party. If memory serves, there's a few good lawyers around CPAC (Chinese Professional Association of Canada) on Finch and Midland.

One more piece of free advice, as any lawyer would tell you, shut your mouth and don't say anything unless you want to dig a deeper hole, you've done goof.

Edit: Forgot, the good news is, if Ren does actually go after you, it will be in Civil court. I don't know if it will be Small Claims court or not though (looking at that number, if the copyrights fee is in that range, it will likely not be in SC court, especially if it involves a NDA for future projects)

Edit 2: Well, fuck me, it looks like the NDA bit might be more complicated than I thought after asking a professional. What happens in this case is that if the NDA is proven is be breached by YW due to this, YW will be the one to go after you to recoup any of the cost (both legal and damages). The libel would be a completely separate legal case. TIL.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  8. FutureBoy

FutureBoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a fixed amount for readers to pay every month/period. Or it varies per novel/chapter?

9. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't come close, i'm trying to make a here.

10. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost ma fire -.-

11. FutureBoy

FutureBoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?

12. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    well @noodletowntranslated since you want my honest opinion, then here it is:

YOU ARE TRULY A DOUCHE! :)

Weedisdaboss likes this.
  13. osages

osages Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, just trying to make a fire, but lost it -.- the wind's to big here better find another place

14. FutureBoy

FutureBoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I heard someone from WW earn $100/chapter. I think it's better than $40.
    2. Qidian don't allow direct sposoring of chapter or donation to encourage them(I suppose).
    3. I guess working with qidian is like an office job and working with WW is like office+freelancing.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  15. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you cool kid you! Golly jee what a bad ass you are! :cool:
    On a more serious note though, i guess you got called in to HQ due to your earlier fuck up? o_O :LOL:

Weedisdaboss likes this.
  16. Nef-i

Nef-i Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally read 18 pages with popcorn in my hand.
    my thougt, Qidian good for TL want go to big site and make money(not became big site like ww, gt, volera...) and bad for everybody else. especially student like me from where dollar is very costly.
    sorry for bad english

17. ZiLi

ZiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't get it... If Qidian knew they ******** up then why the hell would they send you to bury them even more?
    I mean if the hate was at 50000, then now it's at 100000:ROFLMAO:

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  18. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dig your own grave and save!

Shield Loyalist, Damyabo and Indiboy like this.
  19. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Just helping here, there you go. All screenshots of all comments on the thread up tp p.18 https://www.mediafire.com/?dg3qth8t7n8dlqq

20. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.